PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Problem

Proper Bo
05-26-2003, 10:38 PM
My mouse (which I bought only a couple months ago) has recently stopped working altogether (It is a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse Blue). When I turn on my computer, the receiver comes on as normal but the mouse just doesn't work, also, the red light that comes out the bottom either doesn't come on at all or stays on, blinking (which it never used to do).
I know it's not the batteries and I have the latest drivers etc installed for it.
Can anyone help?

Curley
05-26-2003, 11:42 PM
Its microsoft, so what do you expect? :lol:

(Sorry I was no help, but I couldn't resist, hehe)

Livy
05-27-2003, 12:00 AM
only thing i can think of is double check the batteries.

NotoriousBIC
05-27-2003, 12:03 AM
Damn, that must be hard browsing this forum without a mouse :lol:

I'll second Livy, how do you know it's not the batteries?

Proper Bo
05-27-2003, 12:19 AM
I tried two sets of new ones.
And of course I'm using a damn mouse you fool! I have the one i got with the computer!

Livy
05-27-2003, 12:20 AM
hmm, have u tried hitting it?

thisiswhoweare
05-27-2003, 01:05 AM
is it plugged in?

Somebody1234
05-27-2003, 01:42 AM
You don't need a mouse to browse this site. The keyboard works fine. :lol:

I bet your mouse that you got with your PC has no batteries but is wired.
Have you checked the PS/2 connector that all the pins are not bent and that it is properly plugged in?
Is there a reset button on the transmitter? Press it.
Is there one under or on the mouse? Press it too.
Try other new batteries again and make sure they are oriented + and -
If all fails is it still under warranty? Exchange it.

SOLDIER Cloud
05-27-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@26 May 2003 - 20:05
is it plugged in?
LOL... yes you may want to check that ;)

thisiswhoweare
05-27-2003, 02:09 AM
it does happen :D

do a thousand things to solve hardware problems, and all it is is a disconnected wire.. <_<
:blink:

Nightwolf
05-27-2003, 05:20 AM
Sounds like faulty hardware to me. If you can plug in a standard mouse and install the drivers and it works OK, then it&#39;s probably a defective transmitter or receiver on your wireless. If it&#39;s still under warranty, send it back for a new one. Personally I&#39;d stay away from wireless anyway, if you&#39;re a serious gamer. Too laggy (or so I hear).

Somebody1234
05-27-2003, 05:41 AM
Yup. You&#39;re right, Nightwolf.

I had a wireless optical mouse. I lagged in games and so I gave it away. I also didn&#39;t like the fact that it would eat batteries. I replaced it with a Logitech wired mouse with a ball under it (normal mouse). It&#39;s so much better in games, quick and precise. :)

wings1234
05-30-2003, 12:43 AM
hi, had the same prob did everything i could think off but in the end i took it back to the shop and told them its broken guv :(
so got home and 4 weeks later it happend again, this time im reallu pi**ed
but this time im not going back till i find the prob, so i tried everthing again still no luck, then i started to strip the mouse down, and low and behold when i took the bottom battery cover off there was a very small connect boutton, they could have put that bit of information in the book, oh well we all have to learn somehow :lol:

harrycary
05-30-2003, 03:04 AM
Duh, it&#39;s probably defective. That&#39;s what warranties are for. You think after manufacturing a few hundred thousand(probably more) of them they&#39;re all gonna work perfectly?

Geesh, it ain&#39;t rocket science. No light? No power? Defective. Period.

Look in your paperwork, follow the instructions given for warranty repair(more likely replacement). Don&#39;t bring it back to where you purchased it. It&#39;s not their warranty. It&#39;s not their fault.

kAb
05-30-2003, 03:17 AM
buy a new mouse with a wire & laser. they&#39;re only about 14 bucks these days

vivitron 15
05-30-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by harrycary@30 May 2003 - 03:04
Don&#39;t bring it back to where you purchased it. It&#39;s not their warranty. It&#39;s not their fault.
actually, when you bought it in the shop, you formed a contract with the shop over the sale of the goods, and it is their responsibility to exchange or refund (its YOUR choice) for "a reasonable" period of time...so if its pretty new, go and get it swapped, or get money back if you don&#39;t want that one again (don&#39;t accept a credit note, you have a right to cash/visa depending on how you paid :) )

{I}{K}{E}
05-30-2003, 09:35 AM
I think you should go back to the store and ask for a new one&#33;

WeeMouse
05-30-2003, 10:41 AM
Mice should never give anyone any problems&#33; I thouroughly recommend that you stop cheeeez supplies until it behaves&#33; :P

Seriously, do check that its plugged in/switched on/has batteries...I have learned only too well that you should check these things first before comlaining loudly that something isn&#39;t working&#33; :">

harrycary
05-30-2003, 02:46 PM
vivitron 15

actually, when you bought it in the shop, you formed a contract with the shop over the sale of the goods, and it is their responsibility to exchange or refund (its YOUR choice) for "a reasonable" period of time

I work in the consumer repair business. That, in fact, is not true(at least in the US).

Every retailer has their own policy about returns. It is purely up to them to take product back or not. And, in the US, any product sold and opened up, cannot be sold as new(FTC regulation).
Most retailers don&#39;t like selling product as "used" or the hassle of returning defective stock back to their vendors as both of these actions costs them.

Like I said, it&#39;s defective, let your warranty take care of it.

CornerPocket
05-30-2003, 04:42 PM
Well if I buy something and it has a 30, 60, 90 day return/exchange store policy, you bet I will use it and get that exchange in muites. If that time period has expired warranty time frame in effect my friend along with the 6-8 week wait for replacement. ;)

As is the case now, my burner went on the fritz after 8 months, covered by Mfg warranty, been 3 wks of waiting so far. :(

vivitron 15
05-30-2003, 05:10 PM
ok, basically, try the shop and see...i know that here (UK) if its faulty, and cant be resold anyway, its the shops duty....but never mind, besides the point...youll prob find most shops&#39;ll take it back anyway, cos they want ur future business :)

balamm
05-30-2003, 07:13 PM
Duties are not performed for duty&#39;s sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
Mark Twain