PDA

View Full Version : Lindows Soooo Slow

zacspeed
05-27-2003, 06:33 AM
I have just installed LindowsOS on to a test machine & I can't work out why it's running so slow! It takes about 5 minutes to boot, even opening a folder from the desktop takes 20 - 30 seconds :(
I would really like to give this OS a chance (I know XP is good, but I get bored quickly).
Any suggestions to what I may be doing wrong?
:)

balamm
05-27-2003, 06:44 AM
Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
Mark Twain

zacspeed
05-27-2003, 08:29 PM
I'm running it on a PC100 super socket 7 board (ancient, yes I know :unsure: ).
I have the CD ROM 4 the board, but I think all the drivers have been loaded already :( I can't find the device manager!
What is PIO mode?

balamm
05-27-2003, 09:33 PM
Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
Mark Twain

zacspeed
05-27-2003, 09:43 PM
Thanks balamm, you've been a real help :D

4play
05-27-2003, 09:45 PM
you could also try this

blaxksun (http://blacksun.box.sk/format.php3?file=tutorials/linuxhdtweak.html) it is not for lindows so it may or may not be of use.

balamm
05-28-2003, 12:51 AM
Mark Twain