PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea vs F.C. Porto

IceTee
03-06-2007, 05:48 PM
F.C. Porto is going to kick Chelsea's ass today.:whistling
Or so I hope:D

Are there any F.C. Porto's or Celseas fan here?

morphine
03-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Nice to see another Porto fan. And how beautiful was this first half? If we keep this up we're in for a great (and unexpected for some) win. Let's hope for some of the same for the second half.

MyUserName666
03-06-2007, 09:08 PM
What type of sport is this we are talking about?

4play
03-06-2007, 09:49 PM
football

glad to see chelsea step up their game and get the win even if it was with the help of your goalkeeper. poor fella looked petrified for most of the second half.

morphine
03-06-2007, 10:08 PM
We'll always be left wandering what if... He's a great gk, but he really felt the pressure of the game. I'm kind of sad with the result but at the same time i'm not that disappointed.

We're rebuilding, with a very young team and still pushed chelsea a lot more than most people expected. We dont have Abramovich deep pockets but we have a lot of youth and talent. If we can keep the core together and add a little more depth, we'll be ready to contend for more in CL again.

maxehhh
03-06-2007, 10:10 PM
how did it end? did Chelsea win or Porto? i go for Chelsea :D

popopot
03-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Damn! I can't believe Chelsea won. I think I hate them more than ManU. At least Barcelona lost - hurray!

jetje
03-08-2007, 06:10 PM
PSV kicked out Arsenal :) And the they say that dutch competition sucks hehe....

Well if tonight AZ beats Newcastle they will know how big the dutch competition actually is :)

maebach
03-08-2007, 09:12 PM
peerzy is a huge chelsea fan

go bayern

Cheese
03-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Well if tonight AZ beats Newcastle they will know how big the dutch competition actually is :)

:lol:

4-2 and a dodgy penalty at that.

jetje
03-08-2007, 11:19 PM

Just the result we dutchies wanted, 2 away goals scored, it will be an easy match in Alkmaar to go through :01:

Peerzy
03-09-2007, 12:02 AM
peerzy is a huge chelsea fan

go bayern

/me was there :D

MCHeshPants420
03-09-2007, 10:25 AM

Just the result we dutchies wanted, 2 away goals scored, it will be an easy match in Alkmaar to go through :01:

Just the result you wanted? Surely "you dutchies" would have rather had a win or a draw? I don't think Alkmaar are that good in defence to be quite so confident, their keeper is shite.

manker
03-09-2007, 12:44 PM

Just the result we dutchies wantedOf course it was and I like your thinking.

If Man United go out against Roma in the Champions League, I'm gonna say it's fantastic cos now we can concentrate on the Premiership.

MCHeshPants420
03-09-2007, 12:48 PM
That result shows the quality of the Dutch league to be honest. They came 2nd last season in Holland whilst NUFC are mid-table no hopers.

manker
03-09-2007, 01:17 PM
That result shows the quality of the Dutch league to be honest. They came 2nd last season in Holland whilst NUFC are mid-table no hopers.
:lol: They came second last year? They have the defence of a pub team.

===

In other sporting news, Wales getting pwned by Ireland, Scotchland and France - and probably by Italy this time tomorrow - is just what we Welshies wanted.

Lulling England into a false sense of security was so the aim of our Six Nations campaign this season.

jetje
03-13-2007, 06:51 PM

In holland we finish with play offs... Ajax amsterdam won the play offs, and by doing that they came in 2nd (forced by UEFA btw) and started in de pre Champions cup games.

AZ is a very easy scoring team. They will score at least 2 times in th return.
And yes their defence was weak this game, the keeper is actually their 4th goalie. They have a hugh injury problem. The first three goallies are out because of that.

But you guys keep saying your competition is the best, how in the hell is it possible that Arsenal lost from PSV. Arsenal has a budget wich is 4 or 5 times that from PSV. ;)

Newcastle has players that earn in a year as much as the whole budget they have in Alkmaar :ermm: You have to see everything in a perspective.
The Dutch league isn't that weak as you all think. Players from here can easily addept the level of play in the UK, see for example Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool) and Salamon Kalou (Chelsea) wich are both from Feyenoord that were 5th in the dutch league. But hey, you have the most expensive league for sure, so i guess it must be the strongest :whistling

thewizeard
03-14-2007, 12:01 PM
you are all lucky that Ajax had a poor start...

Barbarossa
03-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Do Ajax and PSV dominate the Dutch league in the same way that Rangers and Celtic dominate the Scotch league :unsure:

jetje
03-14-2007, 08:53 PM
nope they don't, however PSV is the strongest the last couple of years.
A bit like you had man united, then a few seasons arsenal and now chelsea.
It kinda come and goes.

But Ajax ended 4th in the regular season, but they were the luckiest in the play offs. Every season there are four or five teams competing for the top places. The traditional topteams are PSV, Ajax and Feyenoord and since a couple of years AZ (they have a rich chairman/sugar oncle!). And always there are one or two teams that make a great season like now FC Twente. The thing is that after one great season those teams can't keep their teams together and (need to) sell their biggest players and best talent to the traditional top teams or they're going abroad. ;)

At the momen play 383 dutch players abroad ;) and i won't say much about the players that started in the dutch league to play professional like Henke Larsson, salamon Kalou and lot of others:

VAN PERSIE, Robin Arsenal FC
BOUMA, Wilfred Aston Villa
OOIJER, André Blackburn Rovers
KUIPERS, Michel Brighton & Hove Albion
LOOVENS, Glenn Cardiff City
REDAN, Iwan Cardiff City
HASSELBAINK, Jimmy-Floyd Charlton Athletic
BOULAHROUZ, Khalid Chelsea FC
ROBBEN, Arjen Chelsea FC
VAN DER MEYDE, Andy Everton
JOHN, Collins Fulham FC
UHLENBEEK, Gustaaf Halifax Town
WILNIS, Fabian Ipswich Town
BROUWER, Jordy Liverpool FC
KUIJT, Dirk Liverpool FC
ZENDEN, Boudewijn Liverpool FC
VAN DER SAR, Edwin Manchester United
BOATENG, George Middlesbrough
KRUL, Tim Newcastle United
COLIN, Jürgen Norwich City
STAM, Stefan Oldham Athletic
SEIP, Marcel Plymouth Argyle
ACHTERBERG, John Tranmere Rovers
MACDONALD, Sherjill West Bromwich Albion
LANDZAAT, Denny Wigan Athletic
DE ZEEUW, Arjan Wigan Athletic

From the current national team there play 9 players in the dutch league.
It ain't that bad as people might think. There is just not so much money involved in football as in other countries.
BTW i do think it is a blessing in disguise to not posses the greatest domestic league because it forces you to look for new talent within your coutry and gives you own lads a chance to prove yourself… in england how many english players play in the big four???…9? what concerns me is that the talent holland is exporting is not going to the elite clubs in europe at the same rate it did in the 90’s…landzaat to wigan… ooijer to blackburn… van der vaart to hamburg… these are mediocore clubs at best… But well Kuyt to Liverpool and van Persie to Arsenal levels that a bit.

Cheese
03-14-2007, 10:41 PM
I'd rate Holland as about the 8th best in Europe at club level. Behind Spain, England, Italy, France, Germany, Portugal and Scotland. They're a mid-level club who can sometimes surprise the big boys.

It should be a tight game tomorrow between AZ and Newcastle, I reckon whoever scores first will win. I've seen NUFC throw away similar leads in Europe before so it's going to be edge of the seat stuff.

creepingdeath
03-15-2007, 07:17 PM
@jetje: I think, AZ Alkmaar is a bad team. :P Because; AZ's defenders and AZ's Goalkeeper(Waterman) are unskill. :D

My favourite football team is Fenerbahçe.I watched Fenerbahçe-AZ Alkmaar matches.We are eliminated.Because; Martens and Jenner add second half.(First half: AZ 0 - 2 Fenerbahçe) Fenerbahçe's coach Zico didn't see this footballers. :(

Tumer Metin,Diego Lugano and Mateja Kezman were effective.But They weren't enough. :(

Fenerbahçe has missed the positions.(Especially ; Tuncay Şanlı )

AZ luckied. :D

AZ will play Newcastle United.

Newcastle United has a dangerous team. Newcastle won the first match(4-2).I hope, AZ will win the tour. :)

jetje
03-15-2007, 07:36 PM
well it's gonna start so, so i'm of to watch the game.

AZ always scores easy, in every game (only 1 exception) they scored 2 goals.
And that's what they need. 4-2 loss in an outgame was a good score much better as a 1-0 loss. In both cases you need to score 2 times. But now a goal against isn't deadly at once.

Hope you'll will see a good game, may the best win :)

@ vanhelsigdp... AZ is not my favorite team (that's Feyenoord) but i'll like the way they play. Without real stars but really nice attacking football.

have fun you all.

:01: told you so :01:

2-0 :whistling

fecking automerge....stupid stuff :dry: :angry:

creepingdeath
03-16-2007, 02:46 PM
AZ won the second match(2-0). :D

Congrulations! :D

Next Tour;

AZ Alkmaar (Netherlands) - Werder Bremen (Germany)
Bayer Leverkusen (Germany) - Osasuna (Spain)
Sevilla (Spain) - Tottenham Hotspur (England)
Espanyol (Spain) - Benfica (Portugal)

@jetje: I like Feyenoord. :) Because, Pierre Van Hooijdonk is in Feyenoord. :) Pierre Van Hooijdonk was play in Fenerbahçe two or three years ago.He's good footballer.