PDA

View Full Version : damn headphones giving me a headache

popwar
03-07-2007, 01:32 AM
im pissed at my headphones. i was listening to music and i moved and stepped on the headphone cord to where it pulled headphone plug out of front of speaker. now if i push it all the way it to plug them in only the left side works. but if i pull it out a little bit both sides work they work fine i dont know how i would fix it to where if i plug them in all the way they would work normally :frusty:

lynx
03-07-2007, 09:29 AM
Borrow another set of phones, if they have the same problem then the socket is damaged, and you probably won't want to try to replace it.

On the other hand it is a fairly simple task with a soldering iron to replace the plug if that's where the fault is.

One way round it might be to fit one or two thin insulated washers over the shaft of the plug. I usually have a few of spare ones when I fit a motherboard, and since they are supposed to fit 3.5mm screws they are exactly the right diameter. A small dab of adhesive should keep them in place.

Barbarossa
03-07-2007, 09:39 AM
And in future, get some cordless headphones ;)

popwar
03-07-2007, 02:12 PM
lol. it was just this morning that i figured out my speaker plug wasnt pushed in all the way.. sorry guys... thread closed i guess

Virtualbody1234
03-07-2007, 04:30 PM
But what's causing your headache? Headphones squeezing too tight?

popwar
03-07-2007, 07:28 PM
lol very funny... they are tight after a while but they are really good headphones. no distortion not even on the highest sound. they are the sony mdr-v150s. 20 dollars at walmart :D