PDA

View Full Version : multiple accounts..

gorgoroth
03-08-2007, 04:11 PM
is it safe to use multiple accounts on for instance oink, on the same ip?

mestari
03-08-2007, 04:32 PM
I don't think so. I've always been using my dupe accounts from different ip. They probably ban both of your accs if you're doing that.

Melvinmeow
03-08-2007, 04:41 PM
They can ussually tell when you have more than 1 account.

Via same ip. Or by checking the logs and seeing the ips previously used on that account.

sert
03-08-2007, 05:22 PM
I was ready to ask same as 1st poster.

If I have an acc there with dynamic IP, why I can't reset my modem, then download with the new IP from a new acc until get banned due low ratio and then reset modem again and reuse my 1st acc?

Sentient
03-08-2007, 05:31 PM
I was ready to ask same as 1st poster.

If I have an acc there with dynamic IP, why I can't reset my modem, then download with the new IP from a new acc until get banned due low ratio and then reset modem again and reuse my 1st acc?

You can, many people do.

sert
03-08-2007, 05:41 PM
I have done it already, but I remember somewhere here read that oink allows multiple accs from same ip

TooMuchTime
03-08-2007, 05:48 PM
We allow multiple accounts from the same IP, but we don't allow serial (one after the other) accounts when you lose the first one for low ratio. Yes, some people get away with it, but we catch quite a few and the person who invited loses their invites every time.

sert
03-08-2007, 05:55 PM
So I can maintain two PU from same IP without problem?

SHUVT
03-08-2007, 06:06 PM
We allow multiple accounts from the same IP, but we don't allow serial (one after the other) accounts when you lose the first one for low ratio. Yes, some people get away with it, but we catch quite a few and the person who invited loses their invites every time.

Nice to see a helpfull Oink staffer here. It has been something that OINK has not been known for. Appreciate you being helpful.