PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to see 300 at midnight...

Skiz
03-09-2007, 03:04 AM
The wait is finally over! :w00t:

S!X
03-09-2007, 03:35 AM
Nice! , please report back and let us know how it was :) It comes out tomorrow (March 9th) in Canada. Going to see it on Monday :D

DefX
03-09-2007, 04:05 AM
Man i love midnight premiers. Yea let us know how good it is. Could be the difference between watching it in a theatre or an .avi file.

peat moss
03-09-2007, 04:21 AM
Nice one is that a date or a box of popcorn in your lap ? Jk enjoy the show . :)

Skiz
03-09-2007, 08:49 AM
THAT........WAS........AWESOME!! :O

Do not download the cam of this movie or any other version. Go see this badass movie in the theater. :yup:

S!X
03-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Do not download the cam of this movie or any other version.

Besides the DVD-R :D

Skiz
03-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Do not download the cam of this movie or any other version.

Only if you were foolish enough not to go see it in the theater. :P

S!X
03-09-2007, 10:25 AM

Well you can only see it in theaters so many times :dabs: Everyone says this movie is "Fucking Epic".... damit I can't wait to see it!

Skiz
03-09-2007, 10:27 AM

Well you can only see it in theaters so many times :dabs: Everyone says this movie is "Fucking Epic".... damit I can't wait to see it!

I will say that there was a lot more they could have done with it though. Great movie nonetheless.

trevorob
03-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Gotta wait 2 more weeks to see this on the big screen, Damm it.:cry:

Shiranai_Baka
03-09-2007, 02:43 PM

I will say that there was a lot more they could have done with it though. Great movie nonetheless.

What I'm worried about is people anticipating it to be so great that the movie doesn't meet their expectations.

emsee
03-09-2007, 06:52 PM
downloading now :)

Damnatory
03-10-2007, 06:59 AM
No No Skizo is correct, do not download this movie if you plan to enjoy it. This is really a made for theater type of movie!

I saw it at the Midnight showing as well and I have to say, it was amazing. Though if I were to have seen it on my computer I would not have enjoyed it as much. I'm going to go see it again later this week at our nearest IMAX theater. :D

That will truly make it even more epic.

jimbo12345
03-10-2007, 07:18 AM
what is a cam version? I see one is available for download. Don't tell me to google it, it's a river that flows past Cambridge.

Skiz
03-10-2007, 07:23 AM
what is a cam version? I see one is available for download. Don't tell me to google it, it's a river that flows past Cambridge.

A "cam" is when some guy sits in the back row of the theater with a shaky video camera and films the movie, then posts it on the web.

They're never worthy of a download IMO.

jimbo12345
03-10-2007, 07:25 AM
ok. Thanks for that. Will stop downloading immediately. I cant wait. All the cinema versions here will be in Chinese...

cpt_azad
03-10-2007, 09:32 AM
OMFG, just got back from the movie. UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE.

If anyone on this forum has the slightest appreciation for cinmetagraphy go see this movie, if anyone on this forum has the slightest appreciation for story and script, go see this movie. If anyone on this forum, ah fuck it just GO SEE THE MOVIE!!!

This one is worth the damn money, so stop downloading it ffs, and enjoy it the way it was meant to be. And yea I caught the IMAX version, damn near wet myself.

Jesus christ that was a good movie fuck

hippoxtc
03-10-2007, 09:41 AM

If anyone on this forum has the slightest appreciation for cinmetagraphy go see this movie, if anyone on this forum has the slightest appreciation for story and script, go see this movie. If anyone on this forum, ah fuck it just GO SEE THE MOVIE!!!

This one is worth the damn money, so stop downloading it ffs, and enjoy it the way it was meant to be. And yea I caught the IMAX version, damn near wet myself.

I agree with you 100%, you have got to see this movie in theaters because its the only way to get the best out of everything you stated. Best fucking movie ive seen in a long time. Loved every minute of it! :yup:

jimbo12345
03-10-2007, 10:17 PM
whats a ts.xvid? I am desperate to see this movie!!

delimare
03-10-2007, 11:31 PM
I just saw this in the IMAX near the Minneapolis/St. Paul Zoo. The fight scenes are amazing but I agree with Skizo, they could have done a lot more with this.

Don't get me wrong though, it's still a great movie that is well worth the time and money to see in a theater, and that's coming from a guy who NEVER goes to the show.

Hollywood needs to open their eyes and realize the potential this kind of filming has. It puts you into a whole new state of mind.

Skiz
03-11-2007, 12:34 AM
I just saw this in the IMAX near the Minneapolis/St. Paul Zoo. The fight scenes are amazing but I agree with Skizo, they could have done a lot more with this.

Don't get me wrong though, it's still a great movie that is well worth the time and money to see in a theater, and that's coming from a guy who NEVER goes to the show.

Hollywood needs to open their eyes and realize the potential this kind of filming has. It puts you into a whole new state of mind.

No kidding.

The movie was fantastic, but they went in to the fighting scenes too quickly. They should have spent maybe 15 minutes talking about going to war, why the other empires were all wanting to attack them, etc.

I dunno, I feel putting some real details in there could have really opened the movie up and made it complete.

Shiranai_Baka
03-11-2007, 03:34 AM
About the ending..

They died WAY too fast, its like they just leveled down and became noobs.. dying by arrows.

If you guys don't know how to use spoiler tags its "[ spoiler]" and "[ /spoiler]" to end it without the spaces.

Hairbautt
03-11-2007, 03:47 AM
Ahhh, may see it tomorrow. :happy:

Seen it, it was great!

nvidia6800
03-12-2007, 03:03 PM
i think its agreat movie

SHUVT
03-12-2007, 04:37 PM
I saw 300 on Saturday and it was bad ass. It lived up to all the hype. Story line was good and the action was awsome. The whole movie was battles and I think people have been looking for a movie like this for quite sometime. This is a must see folks!

Gripper
03-12-2007, 06:07 PM
whats a ts.xvid? I am desperate to see this movie!!

This is what it all means,but I don't think there is a good copy out yet.

It sounds like a must see at the cinema type thing anyway.

* CAM: A cam is a theater rip usually done with a digital video camera. A mini tripod is sometimes used, but a lot of the time this wont be possible, so the camera make shake. Also seating placement isn’t always idle, and it might be filmed from an angle. If cropped properly, this is hard to tell unless there’s text on the screen, but a lot of times these are left with triangular borders on the top and bottom of the screen. Sound is taken from the onboard microphone of the camera, and especially in comedies, laughter can often be heard during the film. Due to these factors picture and sound quality are usually quite poor, but sometimes we’re lucky, and the theater will be fairly empty and a fairly clear signal will be heard.
* TELESYNC (TS): A telesync is the same spec as a CAM except it uses an external audio source (most likely an audio jack in the chair for hard of hearing people). A direct audio source does not ensure a good quality audio source, as a lot of background noise can interfere. A lot of the times a telesync is filmed in an empty cinema or from the projection booth with a professional camera, giving a better picture quality. Quality ranges drastically, check the sample before downloading the full release. A high percentage of Telesyncs are CAMs that have been mislabeled.
* TELECINE (TC): A telecine machine copies the film digitally from the reels. Sound and picture should be very good, but due to the equipment involved and cost telecines are fairly uncommon. Generally the film will be in correct aspect ratio, although 4:3 telecines have existed. A great example is the JURASSIC PARK 3 TC done last year. TC should not be confused with TimeCode , which is a visible counter on screen throughout the film.

* SCREENER (SCR): A pre VHS tape, sent to rental stores, and various other places for promotional use. A screener is supplied on a VHS tape, and is usually in a 4:3 (full screen) a/r, although letterboxed screeners are sometimes found. The main draw back is a “ticker” (a message that scrolls past at the bottom of the screen, with the copyright and anti-copy telephone number). Also, if the tape contains any serial numbers, or any other markings that could lead to the source of the tape, these will have to be blocked, usually with a black mark over the section. This is sometimes only for a few seconds, but unfortunately on some copies this will last for the entire film, and some can be quite big. Depending on the equipment used, screener quality can range from excellent if done from a MASTER copy, to very poor if done on an old VHS recorder thru poor capture equipment on a copied tape. Most screeners are transferred to VCD, but a few attempts at SVCD have occurred, some looking better than others.
* DVD-SCREENER (DVDscr) Same premise as a screener, but transferred off a DVD. Usually letterbox , but without the extras that a DVD retail would contain. The ticker is not usually in the black bars, and will disrupt the viewing. If the ripper has any skill, a DVDscr should be very good. Usually transferred to SVCD or DivX/XviD.
* DVDRip A copy of the final released DVD. If possible this is released PRE retail (for example, Star Wars episode 2) again, should be excellent quality. DVDrips are released in SVCD and DivX/XviD.
* VHSRip: Transferred off a retail VHS, mainly skating/sports videos and XXX releases.
* TVRip TV episode that is either from Network (capped using digital cable/satellite boxes are preferable) or PRE-AIR from satellite feeds sending the program around to networks a few days earlier (do not contain “dogs” but sometimes have flickers etc) Some programs such as WWF Raw Is War contain extra parts, and the “dark matches” and camera/commentary tests are included on the rips. PDTV is capped from a digital TV PCI card, generally giving the best results, and groups tend to release in SVCD for these. VCD/SVCD/DivX/XviD rips are all supported by the TV scene.
* WORKPRINT (WP) A workprint is a copy of the film that has not been finished. It can be missing scenes, music, and quality can range from excellent to very poor. Some WPs are very different from the final print (Men In Black is missing all the aliens, and has actors in their places) and others can contain extra scenes (Jay and Silent Bob) . WPs can be nice additions to the collection once a good quality final has been obtained.
* DivX Re-Enc A DivX re-enc is a film that has been taken from its original VCD source, and re-encoded into a small DivX file. Most commonly found on file sharers, these are usually labeled something like Film.Name.Group(1of2) etc. Common groups are SMR and TND. These aren’t really worth downloading, unless you’re that unsure about a film u only want a 200mb copy of it. Generally avoid.

mr. nails
03-13-2007, 05:20 AM

that's a little to much man. fight scenes were terrific, but the movie didn't have much story and the cinematography wasn't something to call home to mom about. i did like the way it was filmed though. dull hazy colors or something. dug that. this movie wasn't something that shoulda been 2 hours. i'm thinking more on the lines of 4 hours minimal. then it would been this "epic" thing i keep hearing about. i do agree on the fact that the big screen did do the battles justice, but like i said be4. the battles are all this film has to offer.

snowwhite2
03-16-2007, 12:13 PM
what is special about the movie