PDA

View Full Version : Mods need help ?

peat moss
03-09-2007, 05:00 AM
I'm being polite , thats a switch eh . Every time I click new posts I see " Help with video card " in Filesharing or How do you "format windows" in Hardware World .

Hey I'm just as guilty reponding to the threads but still wondering whats going on ? This was unheard of a few months ago ? I think we're kissing the Bittorent asses a "BIT" to much me thinks ? Examples are not for me to show as I like a few of the posters but will provide if prodded . :)

You know I fell guilty for even starting this thread but its becoming a problem on our board , or is it just me ?

S!X
03-09-2007, 05:07 AM
This board also needs a "Spaminator" (Basically someone to clean up the spam when it arrives), it seems the mods are really slow to react upon spam threads and posts. :pinch:

peat moss
03-09-2007, 05:16 AM
This board also needs a "Spaminator" (Basically someone to clean up the spam when it arrives), it seems the mods are really slow to react upon spam threads and posts. :pinch:

Your a good person LP someone I respect , I just noticed a change in the
direction this forum has taken , better or worse . I 'd rather come on and complain , share "my views" and try to make it better . Its a great place and if the mods choose to close or moderate me thats fine too . ;)

tralalala
03-09-2007, 06:17 AM
I feel likewise..

Seems that every other thread is posted by someone who was attracted by the BT section, and, trying to boost posts, will post literally anything, anywhere.

It's a problem need dealt with, likewise with the spam all over the place..

Maybe a mod-refreshment is in place? Or at least a couple of new additions? As I believe the mod team are great.. I've seen many many mods come and go, and honestly think the people chosen are quality users.. Therefor I would say additions rather than refreshments..

MagicNakor
03-09-2007, 06:27 AM
As exciting as every single thread on this board is.... it helps a lot if you report spam. If it's specifically in the BT section though...

:shuriken:

manker
03-09-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm being polite , thats a switch eh . Every time I click new posts I see " Help with video card " in Filesharing or How do you "format windows" in Hardware World .

Hey I'm just as guilty reponding to the threads but still wondering whats going on ? This was unheard of a few months ago ? I think we're kissing the Bittorent asses a "BIT" to much me thinks ? Examples are not for me to show as I like a few of the posters but will provide if prodded . :)

You know I fell guilty for even starting this thread but its becoming a problem on our board , or is it just me ?
I feel likewise..

Seems that every other thread is posted by someone who was attracted by the BT section, and, trying to boost posts, will post literally anything, anywhere.

It's a problem need dealt with, likewise with the spam all over the place..

Maybe a mod-refreshment is in place? Or at least a couple of new additions? As I believe the mod team are great.. I've seen many many mods come and go, and honestly think the people chosen are quality users.. Therefor I would say additions rather than refreshments..http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/moderator.jpg

S!X
03-09-2007, 09:42 AM
:spam:

MCHeshPants420
03-09-2007, 10:08 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/moderator.jpg

:lol:

I think I've still got one of those pictures lying about somewhere.

On-topic: I'm surprised Peat Moss hasn't already been made a mod, he'd get my vote. The other two wouldn't though, because one is a pleb and the other is absent too much.

Barbarossa
03-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Peat Moss would make a decent mod, true.

But as manker pointed out once, where's the fun in that :blink:

manker
03-09-2007, 10:37 AM
The other two wouldn't though, because one is a pleb and the other is absent too much.Linkin Park is here a lot, you prolly don't notice tho' cos you've got him on ignore.

Barbie for mod.

S!X
03-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Your guys' ignorant comments (You both know who you are) aren't helping what was meant to be a serious discussion....

manker
03-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Your guys' ignorant comments aren't helpingIrony, FTW.

Snee
03-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Barbie for mod.

Yeas!!½!1

tralalala
03-09-2007, 12:03 PM
MChesh.. who's the pleb and who's too absent..? :lol:

Mr JP Fugley
03-09-2007, 12:07 PM
what was meant to be a serious discussion....

So, the "spaminator" was a serious suggestion.

S!X
03-09-2007, 12:09 PM
what was meant to be a serious discussion....

So, the "spaminator" was a serious suggestion.

I'm sure it sounds stupid, but yes it's fo real.

Mr JP Fugley
03-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Would this person delete any spam they found.

S!X
03-09-2007, 12:23 PM

Sure :unsure: :mellow:

Mr JP Fugley
03-09-2007, 12:26 PM

Do you have a problem with the word "any" in that sentence.

MCHeshPants420
03-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Not more usergroups, we have more usergroups than members as it is.

Chewie
03-09-2007, 10:58 PM
meh

I used to spend most of my time posting or lurking Software- and Hardwareworld but since the BT explosion and becoming a mod (reverse that order) I've spent more and more time removing spam to the extent that my time here is sometimes entirely taken up by chasing spammers and removing their crap. Mostly inside the BT sections.
I'm not an inactive mod when it comes to spam removal and infractions but you just don't see it happening :rolleyes:
I would love to crop, pin and close the You Must Be A Member 1 Month AND Have 10 Posts To Use The BT Invites Section (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/everything-related-board/t-you-must-member-1-month-and-have-10-posts-use-bt-invites-section-125696) thread :cry:

I would, without a second thought, vote peat in for mod status if he'd accept. There are others (within and without of this thread) that I would similarly support.
It's not up to me, though, as I'm only a mere mod (i.e. mortal) :P

tesco
03-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Not more usergroups, we have more usergroups than members as it is.
You don't know the half of it.
You should see all the unused ones in the cpanel.:wacko:

:unsure: All our mods already do that. The problem is with them 1) noticing it and 2) being online.

The problem isn't that we don't have a specific 'spaminator' member but that we just don't have enough active mods, or possibly that they're just all offline during the same hours.
Either way, we're trying to solve this.

100%
03-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Every time I click new posts I see " Help with video card " in Filesharing or How do you "format windows" in Hardware World .

I agree.

Hairbautt
03-10-2007, 12:26 AM
mehI've noticed that there's been countless deleted posts in the News Section since that's an easy post count-up hotspot. :dabs:

And I've always seen the mods, so activity I think isn't that much of a problem. Maybe each should take a specific duty, tho' not limited to.

Also, I believe Peaty to be an excellent choice for Mod-ship as he got me the News poster position. ;) Just make sure you post news every so often, prick. :D

JPaul
03-10-2007, 12:33 AM
Peat Modd, sounds good to me.

j2k4
03-10-2007, 01:08 AM
Peat Modd, sounds good to me.

Seconded. :)

peat moss
03-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Groucho Marx had a saying :

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

That said it was not my intention to draw votes for myself for mod status but do feel special that you thought of me . I still fell like a shit for even posting this thread but just thought that the mods needing help and some of us members were n't giving our all . Congrads on the mod status J2k4 ...can I have my records back now icehole ? :D

j2k4
03-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Groucho Marx had a saying :

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

That said it was not my intention to draw votes for myself for mod status but do feel special that you thought of me . I still fell like a shit for even posting this thread but just thought that the mods needing help and some of us members were n't giving our all . Congrads on the mod status J2k4 ...can I have my records back now icehole ? :D

You're already a member, you fargin' bastage. :P

I think you are being "candidatized" for good reason, though. ;)

100%
03-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Hey could you mods leave, at least some good fruit for us mere "members".

peat moss
03-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Oh ya , well found a better Xp install just 400 mb , slimed version on Demonoid .Pm me for details . :)

j2k4
03-10-2007, 06:47 PM

Hey-

I'm pretty sure that's a homophobic reference.

What to do, what to do...:huh:

peat moss
03-10-2007, 09:39 PM

Hey-

I'm pretty sure that's a homophobic reference.

What to do, what to do...:huh:

Hey can't ban them , can't join them . Keep your enemas close real close . :lol: