PDA

View Full Version : $10 Per Gig?

balamm
05-27-2003, 11:33 PM
Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
Mark Twain

dave computer
05-27-2003, 11:38 PM
your just lucky you can get broadband. I'm stuck on dialup @24,000bps. :(

balamm
05-28-2003, 12:02 AM
Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
Mark Twain

Livy
05-28-2003, 12:04 AM
my isp dont have any restrictions. :) im in uk on 512 cable.
try another isp?

balamm
05-28-2003, 12:15 AM
Mark Twain

Livy
05-28-2003, 12:23 AM
i think that is pretty expensive, the isp u r with seems pretty shit. the restrictions are pretty crap, espesially for speed of you con. maybe just say, u aint happy wi the service, give them a loada crap, sayin u wanna stay with them etc, after all, all they want is ur money. :P

globegate
05-28-2003, 01:17 AM
Just call them up every day and complain about how awful the service is. Do this ever day for two weeks and see if they keep harrasing you. Just realize that your goal is take make it expensive for you to harrass them than from them to harrass you.

XSpikeX
05-28-2003, 03:43 AM
If you want a free dial up ISP use Juno. It gives an AdBanner but there's a way to get around it. It's pretty simple and gives you unlimited time (no 10 hours a month time limit) and no ads. First what you need to do is start up Juno and make an account (free account). Then connect, after it connects and the banner ad is getting set up and stuff press ctrl-alt-delete and end the process for AdBanner and then hit ctrl-alt-delete again fast and end the process for Juno. It'll give you the Program No Responding box for juno and click end task. Juno and the AdBanner will close but your internet connection in your task bar will stay connected. Simple and since Juno is closed it won't log the amount of hours you spend and won't automaticaly disconnect you after 10 hours. Simple and sweet.

Ad
05-28-2003, 03:52 AM
u think thats bad hear this

1 gig cap for a month

$30 a month

17c per meg over that little did I know about the cap I managed to dl about 8 gig in that month have a guess what my bill was??

then guess what I told the ISP to do??

Nightwolf
05-28-2003, 04:48 AM
Who is your ISP, balamm? I'm waiting for Comcast to say something like that to me, since I constantly have either Kazaa or eMule running. :unsure:

ricky
05-28-2003, 08:23 AM
im on BT Broadband in UK, have no bandwidth restrictions :)

balamm
05-28-2003, 08:45 AM
Mark Twain

wienerschnitzel
05-29-2003, 09:27 AM
how do you sign up for a free internet account with juno? I can only find a $9.95 option

balamm
05-29-2003, 10:16 AM
Mark Twain

3RA1N1AC
05-29-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by dave computer@27 May 2003 - 15:38
your just lucky you can get broadband. I'm stuck on dialup @24,000bps. :(
um, NO HE'S NOT... not if his ISP is going to surprise him with excessive bandwidth charges that were not listed in his contract with them, and all of the sudden he's supposed to pay $1500+ per month.

Pitbul
05-29-2003, 10:24 AM
u know i look at this topic and this man with his problem. and i think to myself, "I am lucky to have a 3.4 Mb connection that is unlimited and pretty much no restriction's."

3RA1N1AC
05-29-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by balamm@27 May 2003 - 16:02
Does the internet exist outside of cable and phone giants? I thought WE were the internet?
it doesn't seem to, anymore. in my very first year of dial-up internet use, my small independent ISP was bought out by a large ISP, which in turn was taken over a few months later by yet another LARGER ISP.

fed up with having to change my email address every few months, i just decided to switch to an ISP owned by a phone company so i could finally have a bit of stability.

yyiryyib
05-29-2003, 11:55 AM
well i got 600kbs a month and so far no one has called, it cost £25 and i seem to have unlimited dl :D

CruzAzul
05-29-2003, 12:40 PM
any one knows if yahoo DSL 1500/128kbps have any restrictions? limit per month?

Razz
05-29-2003, 12:49 PM
im on bloody ntl and ever since i have discovered the wonders of newsgroups (thanx stoi btw) i am always downloading at max thats 1mbit and ntl decided to limit ppl to 1GB a day which we are allowed to go over 4 times in a 14 day period without warning but that means i can only download for about 3hrs a day off newsgroups :( (luckily thats usually a whole movie :) )

but that means if i want something big i can get it but i have to be careful i dont go over more than 4 times within 14 days otherwise im not sure wot will happen (they say they wont disconnect :S )

Nightwolf
05-29-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Razz@29 May 2003 - 07:49
im on bloody ntl and ever since i have discovered the wonders of newsgroups (thanx stoi btw) i am always downloading at max thats 1mbit and ntl decided to limit ppl to 1GB a day which we are allowed to go over 4 times in a 14 day period without warning...
1 GB per day! Comcast only allows me to download 1 GB per month from newsgroups (via Giganews). That's my biggest complaint about my ISP. I usually hit my limit within the first week. :rolleyes:

Storm
05-29-2003, 05:18 PM
u think ur screwed???? i got an 256k ADSL..... wit a limit of 750MB....... every 100 MB i go over it costs 0.50 euro..........

but i HAVE 2 pay that........ its in the contract :angry:

Nightwolf
05-30-2003, 03:41 AM
Limits SUCK! I remember when I first got on the Internet, my ISP was AOL (yes I was a foolish young newbie). Back then you paid your monthly fee, but you were limited to something like 10 hours of usage per month! They charged extra for every minute you went over your limit, and one month my bill was $95! That was my last bill from AOL. :lol:

iamhere
05-31-2003, 01:15 AM
For anybody who got a call from their isp and was told their is a cap just give them a call and act like a new customer. Ask them if there are any caps. If they say no you have many choices on what to do next. You can contact a lawyer or even ask them why you are being charged for going over a cap that they dont have. You can contact the better business burea and tell them about their illegal charges, or better yet tell them you are going to do it and see if they give you free service.

OcramC
05-31-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by yyiryyib@29 May 2003 - 11:55
well i got 600kbs a month and so far no one has called, it cost £25 and i seem to have unlimited dl :D
feel lucky you can get broadband in the uk