PDA

View Full Version : Serious Issues With The Chat Rooms

Bloodborn
05-28-2003, 02:08 AM
I WAS BANNED FOR TELLING SOME ONE THE NAME OF A FILE AND HOW BIG IT WAS IN THE KAZZA CHAT ROOM AND I WAS BANNED FOR SPAMMING. THIS IS BULLSHIT WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF CHATTING ABOUT FILES IF UR GONNA GET BANNED. I DID NOTHING WRONG I SIMPLY TOLD THIS GUY I HAD A GOOD COPY OFF MATRIX RELOADED AND THEN I GET A MESSAGE FROM THE PERSON RUNNING THE ROOM AND THEY SAID HEY MAN I DONT NEED THIS SHIT AND BANNED ME. FUCK HIM, FUCK KAZAA AND FUCK TACO BELL.

The Great Dude
05-28-2003, 02:23 AM
You won't get support by posting in different places. I'm starting to think you were banned for a purpose considering how you're acting right now.

Rat Faced
05-28-2003, 06:04 PM
Last week you would have been auto kicked for even mentioning 'Matrix', 'Reloaded' or 'Vice City'......as everyone was coming in DEMANDING we give them this file, every few seconds.

That restrictions been lifted now (and has been for a few days), as people have learned we dont necessarily have EVERY every file that is available on fastrack.

If you came into the chatroom with the same attitude your showing in this post however, you would have been warned and banned if it continued.

BTW, the chatroom is not the responsibility of the Forum administrators.

Its run by some members of the forum, and the admins of the Forum have kindly provided us with a couple of links, pinned posts, and also added links in K++.

They are also quite tolerent of people like yourself moaning that you have been 'Banned' from the chatroom.

scribblec
05-28-2003, 06:22 PM
i have a question bout chat
my name scribblec
should be auto plused
but when i use it i even registered it
it switches to p2p7563874 or somethign

Rat Faced
05-28-2003, 06:32 PM
You have to identify yourself with the server when you go in, with your password.

If you dont do this within 1 minute the server assumes your an imposter and changes your nick to a p2pnumber.

Your IRC client will have a function to 'perform' the identification on connection, without you doing anything...so have a mess about with it.

scribblec
05-28-2003, 06:41 PM
um step by step guide?

racer II
05-28-2003, 07:33 PM
You sure you didn`t get kicked for caps abuse?

insanebassman
05-28-2003, 09:27 PM
Besides, issues are what magazines become...

Rat Faced
05-28-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by scribblec@28 May 2003 - 18:41
um step by step guide?
It'll be different, depending upon which IRC client program you have.

It will be something like "Perform on Join", in IRC options.

scribblec
05-28-2003, 11:59 PM
i have mirc

SuperJude™
05-29-2003, 12:21 AM
When you hit the server type /ns register password email

You will then have your nick regged. Then go to your options>connect>perform and in the window type /ns identify password and you will be automatically identified when you join/rejoin.

That or your nic was already regged by yourself? Don't think so since I haven't seen you since the quakenet days, but just a thought.

-SJ™

scribblec
05-29-2003, 12:47 AM
ill just keep scribblec name then

got it to work

SuperJude™
05-29-2003, 01:01 AM
Cheers man.

Also to the guy who started this thread, a bit of advice.

Try to side chat one of the ops if you are treated unfairly. So many people come into chat and act lame that sometimes people who don't "really" deserve it but here is a quote directly from the irchelp text that comes with mIRC:

"(36) Help! Someone kicked/banned me from a channel. Whom do I complain to?

The answer to this question is the current channel operators, and them alone. Given the dynamic nature of channels, channel operators do not need to have a -reason- to kick you off. They decide what goes on in the channel. Complaining either to IRC Operators or to the system administrators about being kicked or banned from a channel is considered extremely childish, and will not result action. IRC operators do not meddle with channel politics - that's the job of channel operators. Proper IRC netiquette is to keep IRC issues within IRC, because system admins have little time to deal with IRC issues and many would rather shut it down rather than deal with problems arising from it. If you should get banned or kicked from a channel, you are always free to start your own channel and decide what is appropriate content there. Imagine channels as houses. The owner of the house can decide to share ownership with someone else and can decide to prevent any individual from entering his house. In your own house, -you- call the shots. :-) Feel free to Create your own channel, and set up your own rules for it. "

Just something to think about.

-SJ™