PDA

View Full Version : Ignore function.

CrabGirl
03-12-2007, 01:53 AM
Why can't we put a "mod" on ignore if we feel that we don't want to read their posts? I'm not talking about any specific mod but it's a bit off that we can't do it. If that mod wants to contact us then they have the facility to email or PM us if they feel we are doing something wrong.

Not being able to ignore someones day to day posts if they are annoying or offensive to us is just wrong, no matter who they are. :highhorse:

And while we're at it, can we make the ignore function so we can't "see" the posts we are ignoring? I don't want to know that the person we are ignoring has posted. :unsure:

Alien5
03-12-2007, 01:54 AM
a mod is better than you so stop wineing :tease:

CrabGirl
03-12-2007, 01:58 AM
Well not really. They might know more about the interweb world but that doesn't make them "better".

Snee
03-12-2007, 01:59 AM
Why can't we put a "mod" on ignore if we feel that we don't want to read their posts? I'm not talking about any specific mod but it's a bit off that we can't do it. If that mod wants to contact us then they have the facility to email or PM us if they feel we are doing something wrong.

Not being able to ignore someones day to day posts if they are annoying or offensive to us is just wrong, no matter who they are. :highhorse:

And while we're at it, can we make the ignore function so we can't "see" the posts we are ignoring? I don't want to know that the person we are ignoring has posted. :unsure:

I agree, on all counts.

Fix it fix it fix it.

Alien5
03-12-2007, 02:00 AM
to put the mod on ignore would take away some of his or her power, thats why you cannot ignore a mod, it would be like ignoring the ref at a football match, it would take away his power making him useless.

if i were you i would make a complaint about the mod to the admin.

CrabGirl
03-12-2007, 02:02 AM
Plymouth player today bounced the ball off the linesmans head.

He was very angry at the cheating timewasting Watford side, and their referee sidekick.

it was hilarious, except for the fact that Plymouth lost.

Slightly off topic, please don't get sidetracked. Thanks.

Snee
03-12-2007, 02:02 AM
Some mods aren't supposed to moderate the whole forum, tho'.

Like, say I wanted to ignore, I dunno...Skizo, then I don't see why I can't have him on ignore everywhere but in the BT-section.

Hairbautt
03-12-2007, 02:04 AM
I don't think I could ever come up with a reason to ignore somebody on a forum...Just never bothers me enough. I think Cheese posted a thread on this in the "Everything Related to this Board"

CrabGirl
03-12-2007, 02:05 AM
Agreed. I only post in the lounge, so why can't I ignore people that don't moderate the lounge

CrabGirl
03-12-2007, 02:06 AM
I don't think I could ever come up with a reason to ignore somebody on a forum...Just never bothers me enough. I think Cheese posted a thread on this in the "Everything Related to this Board"

Probably. I heard him typing but I didn't turn round. It's an annoyance to us both.

Hairbautt
03-12-2007, 02:06 AM
Ah, here it is: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/everything-related-board/t-the-ignore-function-sucks-140052

Alien5
03-12-2007, 02:07 AM
skizo's role could be to look after that section, but from what ive seen as a mod in a torrent site, you have the power to delete posts anywhere in the site, change forum topics, delete alot of important things and make a total mess of anything you want to.

CrabGirl
03-12-2007, 02:08 AM
Ah, here it is: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/everything-related-board/t-the-ignore-function-sucks-140052

I wasn't specifically referring to you. I don't think you've ever annoyed me. It just doesnt make any sense is all!

Alien5
03-12-2007, 02:09 AM
why would anyone wanna ignore poor hairbautt? :cry:

CrabGirl
03-12-2007, 02:19 AM
I just dont like not being able to do stuff for no good reason.

Anyhoo, I'm off to bed. Night all.

Hairbautt
03-12-2007, 02:39 AM
I posted that link because it has Tesco's response (not a very good one) as to why you cannot block the Staff or Crew.

I don't need your pity...Hmph! :snooty:

Alien5
03-12-2007, 02:45 AM
sorry Hairy ive got you on ignore :snooty:

:lol: not really

Snee
03-12-2007, 02:46 AM
I reckon it could do with an overhaul at the very least.

Like, let us ignore anyone we want in the OffT-sections and maybe not anyone in the others.

I tried to help some tard a while back (I don't think I've ever talked to or owt, btw) who had me on ignore I reckon, and that was just stupid, 'cos that person could have been helped a lot faster otherwise.

If there's something wrong with a post in a "serious" section, it probably should be dealt with in some other way, anyways.

Hairbautt
03-12-2007, 02:49 AM
sorry Hairy ive got you on ignore :snooty:

:lol: not really
Prick. :dry:

Cheese
03-12-2007, 11:22 AM
I don't want to ignore proper mods but I would like to be able to ignore some of the lesser user-groups that seem to have the ability to not be ignored.

Also the ignore function need to be fixed so that I don't even see a person's post in a thread. It would be great to be someone on ignore and never see that they have posted again. I'm sure at a very basic level you could change the message:

This message is hidden because bunny67 is on your ignore list (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../profile.php?do=editlist).Instead of telling me who posted make it say something like this:

This message is hidden because this user is on your ignore list (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../profile.php?do=editlist).

Though it would be nice to get rid of that message as well.

Busyman™
03-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Imo, ignore is a stupid function.

It is similar to sticking your fingers in your ear and yelling, "LALALALALALA" while another is talking.

Hell I'd like to know when and if someone is being a prick. Sometimes it can be quite entertaining so I'm not gonna go, "OMG I SAW THEIR POST!!!:( ".

Barbarossa
03-12-2007, 11:38 AM
What did busyman say :blink:

NikkiD
03-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Also the ignore function need to be fixed so that I don't even see a person's post in a thread. It would be great to be someone on ignore and never see that they have posted again. I'm sure at a very basic level you could change the message:

Instead of telling me who posted make it say something like this:

This message is hidden because this user is on your ignore list (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../profile.php?do=editlist).

Though it would be nice to get rid of that message as well.

I quite agree, it would be nice to not know at all. In some cases, that statement makes me curious and I end up reading the damn posts anyway, which in turn, generally pisses me off. I'd rather just believe that they don't exist. :snooty:

That said, the quote function more or less kills the usefulness of the ignore function anyway.

Workcheese
03-12-2007, 12:07 PM
That said, the quote function more or less kills the usefulness of the ignore function anyway.

In some case that happens, but the people I put on ignore are hardly ever quoted because they never post anything of any worth.

Workcheese
03-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Imo, ignore is a stupid function.

It is similar to sticking your fingers in your ear and yelling, "LALALALALALA" while another is talking.

Hell I'd like to know when and if someone is being a prick. Sometimes it can be quite entertaining so I'm not gonna go, "OMG I SAW THEIR POST!!!:( ".

The people I want to put on ignore are insipid,boring and their posts make me stupidier for having glanced at them. I put them on ignore to save me scrolling too much. As it stands the ignore function is a little as you say (I know they're talking, I can see they're talking I just don't know what they're saying), but if the mods tweaked it a bit it would be more like barring someone from phoning your mobile or getting a restraining order.

100%
03-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Interesing
The levels of ignore.
just like real life.

Busyman™
03-12-2007, 04:33 PM
What did busyman say :blink:

I said #@#*%$&*!

Busyman™
03-12-2007, 04:34 PM

In some case that happens, but the people I put on ignore are hardly ever quoted because they never post anything of any worth.

:lol:

samsamsamsam
03-12-2007, 05:24 PM
I doubt a silent majority exists here who actually use the ignore function as the supposedly non-evil creators intended i.e. rather than as a subject matter itself to use for a weird transparent kinda passive aggression >_<

you humans and your ways http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4207/crazykg6.gif

*·.¸¸.·* InTeRnEt *·.¸¸.·*

Gripper
03-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Has anyone got me on ignore,if so is it because I talk mainly gibberish,sometimes balderdash but mainly gobbledygook.
Or am I just boring?

Snee
03-13-2007, 01:52 AM
Has anyone got me on ignore,if so is it because I talk mainly gibberish,sometimes balderdash but mainly gobbledygook.
Or am I just boring?

Sometimes I'm sorely tempted.

The comma-abuse alone is pure evil :dabs:

Snee
03-13-2007, 03:55 AM
Tessco, mang, seriously, we need this fixcored, k? :smilie4: