PDA

View Full Version : I hate dell!

iviyst
03-12-2007, 11:54 AM
I hate dell, so everytime I see someone for that has or talks about their ALIENWARE, I tellem "Dude you got a dell"!

100%
03-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Dell are smart. Over advertising.

peat moss
03-12-2007, 12:37 PM
I learned early never buy a proprietary system such as HP or Dell , upgrades were a bitch and full of crappy software .

Skiz
03-12-2007, 12:49 PM
I have a Dell that I'm happy with, I just wish that the BIOS allowed overclocking. :(

100%
03-12-2007, 01:12 PM
The worst part is that they win all the laptop tests.

Seedler
03-12-2007, 02:00 PM
I hate dell!

My idol:wub:

Skiz
03-12-2007, 02:03 PM
I hate dell, so everytime I see someone for that has or talks about their ALIENWARE, I tellem "Dude you got a dell"!

Is there any particular reason you dislike them?

killer04
03-12-2007, 03:03 PM
The only problem that i have with dell is that they use weak integrated graphic cards. Otherwise my dell is running fine and i dont have any probs with it.

DefX
03-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Ive had my 8300 dimension for about 3 yrs now and i havent really run into any kind of problems so far. It does what its billed to do.

Shiranai_Baka
03-12-2007, 03:49 PM
The only thing I buy from dell are laptops because they have the latest parts at not so exorbitant prices.

SHUVT
03-12-2007, 04:22 PM
I am running a XPS410 and I have no problems with it. They are not even in the same catagory as Compaq, Sony or HP. Those are truly proprietary sustems and they suck ass. I have had not problems upgrading things in my XPS. I think it also depends on the system you are buying as well. A dimensions? That is like buying a Ford Focus and saying Ford sucks. Maybe the Focus does, but not the entire line. As far as Alienware systems are concerned... Would you be bashing it if Dell never bought them out? Would Alienware be "cool" if Dell did not buy them out a couple of years ago?

mr. nails
03-12-2007, 04:44 PM
i used to work for dell so i know what actually happens to ur pc. what parts are used and so forth. kinda like mcdonalds. i'm not mad with them i just think why not build ur own. as for my monitor. i have a dell 2407 ws lcd and it's the best!

dodgy368
03-12-2007, 11:30 PM
They are not even in the same catagory as Compaq, Sony or HP. Those are truly proprietary sustems and they suck ass.
HP know how to load a system(hardware, not software! lol

Skiz
03-13-2007, 01:28 AM
i used to work for dell so i know what actually happens to ur pc. what parts are used and so forth. kinda like mcdonalds. i'm not mad with them i just think why not build ur own. as for my monitor. i have a dell 2407 ws lcd and it's the best!

It's crazy how cheap LCD screens have become. My two Dell 19" LCDs retailed at almost $800/piece, when I bought them 4 years ago.

Now, they're like $210-250, and the 24" are $699. :dabs:

peat moss
03-13-2007, 02:37 AM
I'm still smiling about the original posters " Dude you bought a Dell " ! Where my wife works you can get a Dell thru payroll deductions , you know $200 bucks a month . I talked to the Tech guy and said I'm interested in The Alienware XPS how much ? He said Peat why don't you build your own . :lol:

S!X
03-13-2007, 04:27 AM
My dad has a cheapy dell (by cheapy I mean the whole setup was under a grand, with tax?) anyways, it seems quite nice for the money... The monitor more so.

mikeco
03-13-2007, 04:44 AM
Dell have nice monitors but the PC's r bawls.
Laptops r alright, seem to have some of the best hardware in them and price isnt all that bad tbh.

i sorta hate dell just cos my IT teacher at college bums off them.

we had 2 find 2 different types of pcs, and he told everyone to just go on dell and build ur own... what a lump of shit (everyone just picked the highest spec shit ended up costing like £4k...)

i just went over to OCUK, picked 2 different custom built pcs (saved me picking the parts seporatly), and just wrote about them, got top marks on it when everyone else was fucked with theres apart from 1 guy which read what i put to help him. :ermm:

Wolfmight
03-14-2007, 01:37 AM
Dell is crap. I agree :w00t:

:yup: It's already there...givien to people who would rather pay money than learn what's really running that computer of theirs.
They pay to make it simple and get something that works very simple. It's their choice and they don't lose or win anything.

They just get a ........DELL

http://see.crazystyle.net/albums/album63/119_1965_IMG.sized.jpg

brand names are known for huge slogans...go figure. The worst has got to be eMachines though.

Shiranai_Baka
03-14-2007, 02:59 AM
Dell is crap. I agree :w00t:

:yup: It's already there...givien to people who would rather pay money than learn what's really running that computer of theirs.
They pay to make it simple and get something that works very simple. It's their choice and they don't lose or win anything.

They just get a ........DELL

http://see.crazystyle.net/albums/album63/119_1965_IMG.sized.jpg

brand names are known for huge slogans...go figure. The worst has got to be eMachines though.

But you can't build a laptop!

clocker
03-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Actually, you can.
"Whitebook" systems are available (primarily from Asus/Acer) which consist of the chassis, display and motherboard.
You add CPU, RAM, HDD and opticals to suit.
Not really as cost efficient as building a PC...yet.

popopot
03-14-2007, 02:26 PM
The futures bright, the futures Linux:

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/corp/linux?s=corp

Shiranai_Baka
03-14-2007, 03:11 PM
Actually, you can.
"Whitebook" systems are available (primarily from Asus/Acer) which consist of the chassis, display and motherboard.
You add CPU, RAM, HDD and opticals to suit.
Not really as cost efficient as building a PC...yet.

Yeah..but realistically speaking you can't build one! for now..

silhouette
03-16-2007, 02:25 PM
My dell machine rocks.

Virtualbody1234
03-16-2007, 02:40 PM
The futures bright, the futures Linux:

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/corp/linux?s=corp

Dell: Linux Learnings "We're listening"

Right. I don't think they're really listening.

When we say we don't want Windows to be preinstalled on a laptop, we don't mean that we want you to charge us to preinstall Linux.

Just sell us a laptop! We'll install our own OS. Thankyou very much. :angry:

clocker
03-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Most of my customers who "hate Dell" (or Gateway, or eMachines,etc.) brought it upon themselves.
Why do consumers delude themselves into believing that one can buy at the low end of the price spectrum and get a high end machine?
Dell is not magic...a cheap PC will have the slower HDD, optical, RAM and anything else it takes to meet the price point.
Then they'll throw as many "trial" apps/ads on the desktop as they can get paid for.
It's just the price you pay for paying so little.

Then there is the sad but undeniable fact that most folks are clueless (or "computer illiterate" as I hear 100 times a day) and have fallen for all the bushwa from MS/Dell....everybody else, that all this will be "easy" and "fun".
Yes, it can be- but only if the owner is willing to expend an iota of intellectual energy learning how to use the fuckin thing.
Most aren't.

So we have legions of dimwitted users. running low end machines, who cannot imagine why Doom3 looks like a black screen with smudges randomly moving around- and their reaction is "I hate Dell".

meh.

silent h3ro
03-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Most of my customers who "hate Dell" (or Gateway, or eMachines,etc.) brought it upon themselves.
Why do consumers delude themselves into believing that one can buy at the low end of the price spectrum and get a high end machine?
Dell is not magic...a cheap PC will have the slower HDD, optical, RAM and anything else it takes to meet the price point.
Then they'll throw as many "trial" apps/ads on the desktop as they can get paid for.
It's just the price you pay for paying so little.

Then there is the sad but undeniable fact that most folks are clueless (or "computer illiterate" as I hear 100 times a day) and have fallen for all the bushwa from MS/Dell....everybody else, that all this will be "easy" and "fun".
Yes, it can be- but only if the owner is willing to expend an iota of intellectual energy learning how to use the fuckin thing.
Most aren't.

So we have legions of dimwitted users. running low end machines, who cannot imagine why Doom3 looks like a black screen with smudges randomly moving around- and their reaction is "I hate Dell".

meh.That used to be my reaction. :P

macking
03-17-2007, 11:29 PM
LOL if you want a nice PC build it yourself, theres no real substitute in terms of bang for the buck.

You can build a very powerful PC if you shop around for the same price as a mid-range Dell.

I love Dell's 30 inch monitor :D

karlstad
03-20-2007, 08:48 AM
In my opinion Dell are make good computers. They have often good offers. But i prefer "Home made PC". But if you dont cant build, I reomend Dell :)

Melchior00
03-22-2007, 03:15 PM
my friend have a 7800 dimension, and it is slow as hell.

low cost pc, right,
but relatively cheap stuff inside too.

SHUVT
03-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Bottom line is "You get what you pay for". I have a Dell XPS 410 loaded. I love it. Very fast. But I payed for it. First thing you have to do with a Dell PC is wipe it clean and reload windows fresh. They tend to load tons of secondary software from google, AOL and so on. After you wipe it clean even a dimensions pc should run quick. Again if you have had a pc for any amount of time and you do not know how to clean out all the crap that gets loaded on them of course your shit is going to run slow. I have seen baddass systems that people have built and they call me to check them out because of problems with speed.

When I get there and start cleaning all the crap off they are good to go. PCs are like cars, you have to give them a tune up every once in awhile to make sure they are running smooth and that you don't have serious issues later.