PDA

View Full Version : The Grindhouse

Busyman™
03-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Looks good..

The Grindhouse (http://www.grindhousemovie.net/home.html?feature=undefined&id=undefined&rc=undefined)

Skiz
03-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Looks good..

The Grindhouse (http://www.grindhousemovie.net/home.html?feature=undefined&id=undefined&rc=undefined)

They were shooting all over town here for a while.

There are a lot of movies by those two that are filmed here in Austin as RR has his studios about 2 miles from my house, and QT has a small studio here as well.

A lot of other movies are filmed here as well, but no one really minds these two. Most movie sets will shut down several blocks while filming, but not these guys. They leave the streets open, and only close off an small piece that they need, right when they need to film. It's odd, you'll be walking down the street at night and walk right up on a set. :unsure:

SXSW (http://2007.sxsw.com/) also just started this past weekend, so movie stars will be everywhere for the next couple of weeks. :)

Busyman™
03-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Looks good..

They were shooting all over town here for a while.

There are a lot of movies by those two that are filmed here in Austin as RR has his studios about 2 miles from my house, and QT has a small studio here as well.

A lot of other movies are filmed here as well, but no one really minds these two. Most movie sets will shut down several blocks while filming, but not these guys. They leave the streets open, and only close off an small piece that they need, right when they need to film. It's odd, you'll be walking down the street at night and walk right up on a set. :unsure:

SXSW (http://2007.sxsw.com/) also just started this past weekend, so movie stars will be everywhere for the next couple of weeks. :)

Yeah imagine the filming that goes on in DC.:no:

They leave the streets open here too but shoot mostly on weekends.

Our non-rush hour/non-lunch hour traffic is still a bitch.

Imagine the reason they having studios down in Texas is due to the closeness to Mehico.

Skiz
03-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Imagine the reason they having studios down in Texas is due to the closeness to Mehico.

Well, I know that Robert Rodriguez went to The Univ. of Texas as well, and I believe he used a lot of connections there to really get himself going, and in doing so realized he didn't need to leave home to be successful in the movie biz.

I'm not sure how he and QT got acquainted though. :huh:

mr. nails
03-13-2007, 05:15 AM
both movies look to be junk. :(

Busyman™
03-13-2007, 02:31 PM
both movies look to be junk. :(

Sorta true.

However, I will see them based on the directors' track record.

DV8type
03-14-2007, 07:46 PM
what i was wondering when i’ve seen the previews....are these full length films or are they like 1hr each? >> Sitting for 4 hrs seems a bit long

Skiz
03-14-2007, 08:08 PM
what i was wondering when i’ve seen the previews....are these full length films or are they like 1hr each? >> Sitting for 4 hrs seems a bit long

I saw the previews prior to 300 and I was definitely under the impression that these were short films.

DV8type
03-14-2007, 08:25 PM
<< i believe they said, “full length films” although i could be wrong....im assuming they are 1.5hrs or a bit less

Busyman™
03-14-2007, 08:58 PM
It says in the preview that the total is 2 and a half hours.

That's cool cuz it like each one will get right into the action.

mr. nails
04-26-2007, 04:51 AM
ok, i finally finish a movie. damn videogame taking over my life. anyway, the first 1/2 of this film whatever the zombie movie part was called is perhaps the BEST zombie movie ever made. lol, that shit was great. as for the 2nd movie with kurt running over the pretties it wasn't that good. very drug out and by the time the u see something that brings the movie up to most wanted action ur prob ready for it to end. i was. either way, the 1st 1/2 is worth taking this in if anything. leave the theatre after u've seen the zombie portion?

100%
04-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Agreed
I skipped through most of the chit chat in second section,(maybe he should have made it stand alone?(or maybe it could not handle itself by itself) . The two second frontal collision could be a piece in itself. although the scene on the hood of the car was indeed tense and revenge sweet but pffff ok.
Best was the play with old cinematics scratches on screen, the burnout was brilliant as was "missing reel" (but not in tarintinos section).
The "previews" genius.
First movie was filled with all that we want from a zombie movie and more, very sin city style.
One prof reviewermentioned the "laming" of the hands as a high point, i agree, plus the kid with the gun. The doctor was powerful, pity he had to be simplified in his revenge reincarnation.

I enjoyed.

It looked like they had fun making it and that makes it great.
I think that was their point
and if so
bravo