PDA

View Full Version : Halliburton...

j2k4
03-12-2007, 10:40 PM
...is moving it's corporate HQ to Dubai.

I guess that makes sense. :dabs:

Skweeky
03-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Indeedy

my brother in law is kicking himself.

He used to work for Halliburton. He went on a training course last year in Texas, which he thoroughly hated.

Another year and he could have gone to Dubai for 3 months :lol:

j2k4
03-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Indeedy

my brother in law is kicking himself.

He used to work for Halliburton. He went on a training course last year in Texas, which he thoroughly hated.

Another year and he could have gone to Dubai for 3 months :lol:

Another year, what?

Did he quit?

Dubai isn't going anywhere...

vidcc
03-13-2007, 01:25 AM
Don't we have an extradition treaty with Dubai then ?

4play
03-13-2007, 10:34 AM
what do you all think then is this just a case of greed. taking that $25.7 billion it has recieved for its work in iraq and not having to pay much tax on it or is there something coming down the pipe they are trying to avoid on the legal side.

being awarded lots of no-bid contracts, large overcharging on contracts, how about cheny refusing to sell his stock in haliburton despiste being apointed VP.

Biggles
03-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Although there may be sound business reasons for such a move it could be seen as a tad insensitive and, dare one say, disloyal. However, Chenney and co. are not standing for re-election and any incoming Republican candidate will undoubtedly put some clear water between themselves and Halliburton.

j2k4
03-13-2007, 07:51 PM
being awarded lots of no-bid contracts, large overcharging on contracts, how about cheny refusing to sell his stock in haliburton despiste being apointed VP.

Do a little reading, won't you.

http://www.factcheck.org/article261.html

BTW-

Cheney was elected, not "apointed".

The distinction is rather important.

vidcc
03-13-2007, 10:02 PM
An interesting question I read this morning (can't remember where it was)

Are they trying to set up a corporate presence in Dubai so that they can avoid the restrictions that currently exist on doing business with prohibited countries like Iran?