PDA

View Full Version : "Superhuman powers"

Alien5
03-13-2007, 01:38 AM
choose 1, and tell me why you want that power?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Superhuman_powers :alien:

i would choose Immortality (or eternal life) but it would be sad to see everyone else die. :o

or flight or the power to bring dead people back to life, dunno if theres a name for it. :01:

Mathea
03-13-2007, 01:42 AM
dont even need to check em out i knwo my answer

SHAPESHIFTING

why? cuz then i could turn into anything or anyone so that's essentially like every power in one imo

bunny67
03-13-2007, 01:45 AM
Psychic powers for me

Hairbautt
03-13-2007, 01:51 AM
Heal. Like that chick from Heros.

I'd like to creep some people out.

Gripper
03-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Wolveryne style healing with the admantium skeleton,would be great to abuse your body and not worry about any ill effects. :w00t:
That would also include longevity as your body would age slower.

Proper Bo
03-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Shapeshifting, obviousement. Turn into a hawt wummin and stand infront of a mirror all day:smilie4:

might get the urge to cewk or clean and lose the part of my brain that does logic tho' :unsure:

Hairbautt
03-13-2007, 02:07 PM
Shapeshifting, obviousement. Turn into a hawt wummin and stand infront of a mirror all day:smilie4:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Hairbautt/Smilies/ROTFL.gif

Busyman™
03-13-2007, 02:10 PM
I can't be harmed.

Eternal life wouldn't cut it since a person with eternal life can have their arms and legs cut off and still be alive.

Alien5
03-13-2007, 02:24 PM
why would you want to cut your arms and legs off? :ermm:

Mr. Mulder
03-13-2007, 02:26 PM
to sell them and buy gloves and shoes, obviously.

Seedler
03-13-2007, 02:41 PM

i would choose Immortality (or eternal life) but it would be sad to see everyone else die. :o

or flight or the power to bring dead people back to life, dunno if theres a name for it. :01:

Resurrection?

Busyman™
03-13-2007, 02:44 PM

The point is that someone could since you simply have eternal life. You could sprain an ankle, break a leg, develop memory loss, etc.

The only way to fuck a person over that can't harmed over is to trap them (put them in a jail cell, drop them in the bottom of mine shaft, encase them in concrete, etc).

Every power has a drawback but eternal life has too many.

Even shapeshifting has all the drawbacks mentioned above plus one would have to change clothes for it to be effective. It's very cool power though.

Probably the best power would be the Sylar factor where you can gain powers from others.

The combination to be unstoppable would be

Can't be harmed
Super strength
Flight

You couldn't be hurt or trapped.

Barbarossa
03-13-2007, 02:44 PM

Resurrection?

It's called necromancy

Busyman™
03-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Resurrection?

It's called necromancy

evilernieism

Alien5
03-13-2007, 02:55 PM

The point is that someone could since you simply have eternal life. You could sprain an ankle, break a leg, develop memory loss, etc.

The only way to fuck a person over that can't harmed over is to trap them (put them in a jail cell, drop them in the bottom of mine shaft, encase them in concrete, etc).

Even shapeshifting has all the drawbacks mentioned above plus one would have to change clothes for it to be effective. It's very cool power though.

Probably the best power would be the Sylar factor where you can gain powers from others.
yeah i would like to have 2 or 3 powers to make the most out of everything.

Can't be harmed
Super strength
Flight

You couldn't be hurt or trapped. i think you made a really good point, it doesnt matter what super power you have because, everything has a weakness. superman - cryptonite. :D
i would to have a 2-3 power combo ftw:smilie4:

manker
03-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Peter Petrelli doesn't appear to have a weakness so long as he can get in proper control of his powers. Aside, that is, from having his head sliced open by Sylar at the minute, which he'll be okay from - and having hair that doesn't look quite as good as my own.

So my superpower would be to have a brain like his.

Snee
03-13-2007, 04:16 PM

Can't be harmed
Super strength
Flight

You couldn't be hurt or trapped.
Wouldn't eternal life work if you added that to the three you list, tho'?

But I agree, not being able to die would prolly be crap on its own, in the long run.

EDit: Altho' can't be harmed/invulnerability might mean that age doesn't affect you, now that I think about it :pinch:

If so I could live with that, if I only had to pick one, tho' I'd be really worried about getting trapped :dabs:
Or that powerstealing/borrowing-power, assuming others had powers to steal.

Barbarossa
03-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Being omnipotent would rawk pretty much :dabs:

Snee
03-13-2007, 04:21 PM
I bet that would get boring as fuck tho'.

manker
03-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Being omnipotent would rawk pretty much :dabs:
But what if you lost track of all the places you were. Omnipotence is not for amateurs :smilie4:

If Q came anywhere near me with my Peter Petrelli brain, I'd use my new powers sparingly. At least to start with.

Mr. Mulder
03-13-2007, 04:25 PM
i'd want the power to fly so i could nock on peoples upstairs windows then hide and they'd be all lyke wtf lol

manker
03-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Also, omnipotence could get embarrassing if you called someone on your mobile.

You: Alrite, flowe.
Your mate: Where are you?
You: Taking a shit and driving my Mam to Asda.

See.

Snee
03-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Apparently omnipotence doesn't include the power of being subtle, then.

Alien5
03-13-2007, 04:30 PM
i needed that top be explained, yeah i thought omnipotent meant you had a highly potent sexyness lyke.

Barbarossa
03-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Omnipotence:

You: everywhere :dabs:

SnnY is right :blink:

Alien5
03-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Omnipotence:

You: Inside you :dabs:

manker
03-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Apparently omnipotence doesn't include the power of being subtle, then.
Of course it would - but you can't use all of your powers all of the time.

Subtlety would be one of the last powers I'd learn to control. Compared with the most of the rest at my disposal, it's fucking pointless.

Barbarossa
03-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Subtlety is a superhuman power in itself :smilie4:

manker
03-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Omnipotence:

You: everywhere :dabs:

SnnY is right :blink:
Nah, you'd start off doing simple things. Like being somewhere else whilst you were otherwise occupied. You don't just master omnipotence straight off the bat.

Look at Q's son - he was rubbish at being omnipotent compared with the rest of the continuum.

Mr. Mulder
03-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Q was a homo though and they say the disease is genetic

manker
03-13-2007, 04:40 PM
That's true.

Busyman's dad was a fag :smilie4:

Barbarossa
03-13-2007, 04:41 PM
I hadn't considered the learning curve :(

It would probably take an eternity to learn omnipotence.

manker
03-13-2007, 04:46 PM
I hadn't considered the learning curve :(

It would probably take an eternity to learn omnipotence.
That's what I think too.

It would be worth it in the end tho' :ermm:

thewizeard
03-13-2007, 05:58 PM
These powers are what Buddhists call Siddhis (plural)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddhi

Through training, many of these can be achieved and many are inherent on your natural "vibration". They are not the means to an end, but naturally develop as you progress along the path created by applied meditation over longer periods of time.

If you can Imagine it then it is.

One we all have is the Immortal one, so save your energy there.

Busyman™
03-13-2007, 06:10 PM
That's true.

Busyman's dad was a fag :smilie4:

:sadwalk:

timsky
03-13-2007, 06:59 PM
fireball piss me off i fry your ass

Busyman™
03-13-2007, 07:22 PM
Peter Petrelli doesn't appear to have a weakness so long as he can get in proper control of his powers. Aside, that is, from having his head sliced open by Sylar at the minute, which he'll be okay from - and having hair that doesn't look quite as good as my own.

So my superpower would be to have a brain like his.

I would think that if his head were severed then he'd die.

Wolfmight
03-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Ecstatic Sexy Energetic Immortality and Time Control.

I would live forever, and experience everything, and never suffer any chronic pains. I could work out for months upon months and never get tired. I could take on a nuculear bomb and not die...(heh and also rewind time to prevent the bomb from killing all my friends).

People who die of old age around me, but I would not get lonely, because I could warp time and be anywhere anytime...hah, who cares. (while my body stays super sexy 20 years old and doesn't age.)

With Time Control, you could pause, fast-foward, or rewind time....or just go on with time's normal flow you normally followed ever since your birth and just pause it once in awhile to do things we normally can't do...obviously sex with any hot chick in the world, anytime, anywhere. Other fun ideas: Explore Area51, Ripp of the Bank, etc.

Besides that power(s) above...hell, I'd go with the Ability to Fly. Why?, because it would be the ultimate way to Chill out and travel the world... Plus it would be the ultimate bragging rights in teh local pub. Get drunk an take a nap on the ceiling guys...zzz
Then again, you'd have to dodge the broom handle.

Fulanito
03-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Teleportation for me

SnnY
03-13-2007, 09:42 PM
I'd like super-speed. Not crappy faster-than-a-speeding-bullet type, but the proper running-so-fast-you-time-travel type.

Beats taking the train to work.

Alien5
03-16-2007, 03:15 AM
These powers are what Buddhists call Siddhis (plural)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddhi

Through training, many of these can be achieved and many are inherent on your natural "vibration". They are not the means to an end, but naturally develop as you progress along the path created by applied meditation over longer periods of time.

If you can Imagine it then it is.

One we all have is the Immortal one, so save your energy there.

im psychic, i can tell what someone is thinking only if i know them well and i spend all my time with them. and they can tell what im thinking aswell.