PDA

View Full Version : RE: Accounts not traded??

DV8type
03-13-2007, 06:30 AM
Sorry for the added topic but it was closed. If a mod could add this in that topic it would be great.

Taken From:
Section Guidelines (a sticky) (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent-invites-section/t-section-guidelines-read-first-updated-215-124002)

Respect Communities Your A Member Of

Who You Invite

* Most sites want you to invite those you know and trust.
* At the least read their posts to get familiar with them.
* If possible check their profile at mutual torrent sites.

Site Names And URL Links

* Dont post links or names of sites that dont want them posted.
* Dont post names with spaces and similar to bypass filters.
* Dont post images with this information for these sites.

Trading Accounts

* Dont trade accounts at FST for sites that strickly forbid it.
* If you do they may contact you here to follow their rules.

Read the rules of the sites your a member at and if you choose
to break them dont complain if action is taken against you.

<< Unfortunately, for what ever reason that rule is not enforced.

Just to clarify, speaking on FSC, we (as every member there knows) DO NOT allow for account trading. Your account will be disabled and if necessary will do an IP ban.

As per invites:

Invites are a priviledge for good users. They are meant for you to invite people who are your ‘friend’ and who you would like to be part of the our (yours and mine) communtiy. Invites should be given in private as FSC does not like to be advertised. We have never had open sign ups and were never meant to be in the ‘public.’

We try to be fair, and look at every case individually. We try to accomodate users to the fullest, but unfortunately our tracker isnt for everyone. It is for those who care about the tracker they are on and think about the community they want to be apart of. I've said it before, there are trackers to measure how big your wee wee is, FSC isnt one of them.

-Again sorry for making a new thread

Skiz
03-13-2007, 06:59 AM
I'm working on this.

Backslash
03-13-2007, 07:14 AM
end all account trading? it would decrease scamming, not piss off as many site mods.

and speaking from a personal standpoint, i invited someone to a certain site for nothing in return, just a promise they wouldnt trade the account. that was less than five days ago. today, that user tried to trade the account. really pissed me off

Sentient
03-13-2007, 05:38 PM
. . . because if we end account trading here, it's going to stop altogether?

All that will happen is that more of it will occur on other, riskier sites.

V For Vendetta
03-13-2007, 05:43 PM
So trading invites is Possible ?

Omaster
03-13-2007, 05:56 PM
It'd be great if the staff could sticky a thread containing a list of all trackers that forbid trading.

I can speak from a personal POV, I've gotten access to this section yesterday and had no way of knowing the sites I've asked for in a trade didnt allow trading.

Skiz
03-13-2007, 06:04 PM
It'd be great if the staff could sticky a thread containing a list of all trackers that forbid trading.

I can speak from a personal POV, I've gotten access to this section yesterday and had no way of knowing the sites I've asked for in a trade didnt allow trading.

I'm in the process of creating one. It's not something that can just be thrown together though.

Sentient
03-13-2007, 06:06 PM

Why don't we start by listing the sites that allow account trading? Here, I'll get us started:

Oh that's right, there are none!

Skiz
03-13-2007, 06:08 PM

Why don't we start by listing the sites that allow account trading? Here, I'll get us started:

Allowed where? Almost all are allowed to be traded here at FST.

Sentient
03-13-2007, 07:21 PM

I may have read him wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was asking which trackers have rules against account trading.

Omaster
03-13-2007, 07:39 PM
the rules say:

Then Skizo said

So which is it hedonist?

Sentient
03-13-2007, 07:52 PM
the rules say:

Then Skizo said

So which is it hedonist?

Ah, I did read you wrong. Well, Skizo is a mod, so he would know. I mean just take a look around, nearly every thread has an account being offered for trade. Were you really confused about whether it was allowed here or not?

Wildbytes accounts are the only thing I'm aware of that's not allowed to be traded, but there may be more.

Skiz
03-13-2007, 07:58 PM
the rules say:

Then Skizo said

So which is it hedonist?

Ah, I did read you wrong. Well, Skizo is a mod, so he would know. I mean just take a look around, nearly every thread has an account being offered for trade. Were you really confused about whether it was allowed here or not?

Wildbytes accounts are the only thing I'm aware of that's not allowed to be traded, but there may be more.

WB, NB, FSC are a few...

You can probably see the pattern there.

Listing is coming...

Omaster
03-13-2007, 07:59 PM
No no, obviously this is what this section is for, trading invites.

I was just wondering about which trackers specifically forbid trading, such as WB as you said or FsC.

Skiz
03-13-2007, 08:24 PM

I was just wondering about which trackers specifically forbid trading, such as WB as you said or FsC.

They dislike the trading of accounts.

Invite trading just fine for the most part, as long as they aren't giveaways, etc. They would prefer if these accounts were not given out as freebies, but were traded for other decent trackers. The idea is that good members will have the good trackers, and any tracker is happy to have good, upstanding members come their way.

Sentient
03-13-2007, 08:25 PM

I am so confused about what it is you are confused about.

Every tracker has rules against account trading.

As of right now, every trackers' accounts are traded on this forum.

Shortly, Skizo will be announcing trackers whose accounts may not be traded.

Invite trading just fine for the most part, as long as they aren't giveaways, etc. They would prefer if these accounts were not given out as freebies, but were traded for other decent trackers. The idea is that good members will have the good trackers, and any tracker is happy to have good, upstanding members come their way.

Which trackers is this true of? Swedvdr is the only site I have personally run into that was fine with invite trading. I know FSC, FTN, and Bitmetv will at a minimum disable your invite privileges if you are caught trading.

N@LiM
03-13-2007, 09:36 PM
ah.. I hink I read somewhere that these trackers are ahppy as long as you don't trade the invites.. If u give it as freebies to deserving candidates they have no prbolem but when trading.. u may invite bad members bcoz with the interets in getting other tracker one overlooks the credentials on user being invited

mestari
03-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Which trackers is this true of? Swedvdr is the only site I have personally run into that was fine with invite trading. I know FSC, FTN, and Bitmetv will at a minimum disable your invite privileges if you are caught trading.

2007-02-19 - Inbjudan öppen

En inbjudan kostar 40p och man måste vara minst Exalted User.
Inbjudningar införskaffas i bonus-shoppen och skicka gör du från din profil.

* Genom att erbjuda invites öppet på ett forum/torrentsida riskerar du varning/ban på Swedvdr.

:noes: The last section says it clearly. Trading risks you to warning/ban.

Sentient
03-14-2007, 12:43 AM
2007-02-19 - Inbjudan öppen

En inbjudan kostar 40p och man måste vara minst Exalted User.
Inbjudningar införskaffas i bonus-shoppen och skicka gör du från din profil.

* Genom att erbjuda invites öppet på ett forum/torrentsida riskerar du varning/ban på Swedvdr.

:noes: The last section says it clearly. Trading risks you to warning/ban.

Yea, but in practice, the owner actually helps enforce trades (at least as of a couple of months ago). I was in their IRC channel once and some guy complained he traded a Swedvdr invite for like FTN and the other guy never reciprocated. He disabled the other guy's account, and gave the cheated guy his invite back.

Friendly Fire
03-14-2007, 01:07 AM
ah.. I hink I read somewhere that these trackers are ahppy as long as you don't trade the invites.. If u give it as freebies to deserving candidates they have no prbolem but when trading.. u may invite bad members bcoz with the interets in getting other tracker one overlooks the credentials on user being invited

I also had this idea that all trackers hated having their invites traded, not only their accounts. It just brings them more unwanted atention. And you can never completely trust someone you dont know.

One thing is offering invites in other trackers power user forums. Other completely different is trading, especially in public forums.

ten elite brains
03-14-2007, 01:15 AM
The only site that I am aware of that allows you to trade it's invites is IT.

Shadowfire
03-14-2007, 01:21 AM
I think what Skizo means is sites that FST doesn't want you to trade accounts for (as opposed to the actual sites' rules). FST has deals with certain sites to help them with catching account traders in turn for the sites giving away invites to good members every once in a while. Oh course, FST can't control all trades that goes on here, especially with invites.

X
03-14-2007, 03:43 AM
:dry: didn't i make this thread earlier... hmmm

Skiz
03-14-2007, 05:08 AM
I think what Skizo means is sites that FST doesn't want you to trade accounts for (as opposed to the actual sites' rules). FST has deals with certain sites to help them with catching account traders in turn for the sites giving away invites to good members every once in a while. Oh course, FST can't control all trades that goes on here, especially with invites.

Let me clear up some confusion here, as I was a bit confused as well.

We DO NOT have any current arrangements with FSC.

We were hoping to come a similar arrangement as WB, but nothing has come of the talks thus far.

For those of you who I spoke with today regarding trading FSC, my apologies. :hypocrite