PDA

View Full Version : Suprnova.org Doesn't Work

Scullface
05-28-2003, 10:31 AM
I can't open Suprnova.org since yesterday, even if i try suprnova.tk it doesn't work. Why????? :(

Ma5t3rM1nD
05-28-2003, 10:37 AM
A lot of the bittronnet websites have gone down because of a pirated version of The Matrix supernova and alot of the other bittronnet websites are down and will be up soon enough.

Kriz
05-28-2003, 10:41 AM
The servers are bein updated...

Scullface
05-28-2003, 10:45 AM
How long will it take to update the servers?????

Kriz
05-28-2003, 10:47 AM
It depends
I say by another week..

Scullface
05-28-2003, 10:58 AM
:swear:

3RA1N1AC
05-28-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Kriz@28 May 2003 - 02:41
The servers are bein updated...
a server update that takes a WEEK? where did you hear this?

NotoriousBIC
05-28-2003, 12:40 PM
He probably means the DNS-servers.

If a site changes servers, the domain name must be transferred which takes a day or so.
Then because of how DNS-servers work it takes a few days before the whole internet is aware.

Plus the time needed to move the site itself. So, yeah, a week is quite normal.

Wizzandabe
05-28-2003, 01:43 PM
suprnova has gone for good

NotoriousBIC
05-28-2003, 02:26 PM
That's a big shame :(

Might I ask how do you know this?

Wizzandabe
05-28-2003, 02:29 PM
Read the BBC artical. Sory i ant got the link.

NotoriousBIC
05-28-2003, 02:42 PM
Do you mean this article? (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/2940270.stm)

That article only mentions the site 'was taken down'.
It doesn't even say which site! :blink:

So, how do you know it's gone for good???

crazy_billy_bats
05-28-2003, 03:15 PM
there will always be a copy online, they will never stop that.
more bittorrent sites will crop up somewhere, as they always do.
donkax was once legendary, then suprnova was the shit.

i just hope VERY soon another big torrent site opens somewhere.

torrents.co.uk is still up.

sam71
05-28-2003, 03:47 PM
They are shut down for legal reason, don't expect it to come back anytime soon. The big corporation owns everyone, may as well raise a big white flag and admit our defeat because we are weak. Anything thats affecting their sale is their target. why isn't alcohol and cigarette banned? because it makes them money!!! nuff said, they suck and they can go to hell because we're nothing more then a milking machine for them to make billions off which we in turn are nothing more then slaves to the big fat ass greedy corporation. :angry: :angry: :angry:

NotoriousBIC
05-28-2003, 04:23 PM
Lol, do you even know what Bittorrent is Sam?

Bittorrentsites can't be legally taken down as there is no copyrighted material hosted.
Only tracker information, which is very similar to verified databases for every other P2P-program...

crazy_billy_bats
05-29-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by sam71@28 May 2003 - 15:47
They are shut down for legal reason, don't expect it to come back anytime soon. The big corporation owns everyone, may as well raise a big white flag and admit our defeat because we are weak. Anything thats affecting their sale is their target. why isn't alcohol and cigarette banned? because it makes them money!!! nuff said, they suck and they can go to hell because we're nothing more then a milking machine for them to make billions off which we in turn are nothing more then slaves to the big fat ass greedy corporation. :angry: :angry: :angry:
Amen brother!

bumrocks
01-07-2009, 09:01 AM
A trip down memory lane...

I remember when this happened...Soon afterwards I joined my first private tracker, which was Araditracker....Which closed down last year. I had over 500 GB uploaded there, too...All before there was such a thing as a seedbox...

Once again you have been taken to the wonderful world of the super mega bump...One worth bumping, just to reminisce about...The original OG site in the torrent world.

Lol, do you even know what Bittorrent is Sam?

Bittorrentsites can't be legally taken down as there is no copyrighted material hosted.
Only tracker information, which is very similar to verified databases for every other P2P-program...

Boy was this guy ever wrong!

there will always be a copy online, they will never stop that.
more bittorrent sites will crop up somewhere, as they always do.
donkax was once legendary, then suprnova was the shit.

i just hope VERY soon another big torrent site opens somewhere.

torrents.co.uk is still up.

This guy was right! But never the less, torrents.co.uk has not survived...

apextwin146
01-07-2009, 09:07 AM
LokiTorrents/EliteTorrents wud have been more appropiate

Polarbear
01-07-2009, 09:07 AM
i uploaded my first albums and divx movies there.

cownoodles
01-07-2009, 09:40 AM
was my first torrent site
i miss the community.