PDA

View Full Version : TL's speed is decreasing

hotwebdownload
03-13-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm not able to max out on my 2mbps when I used a torrent from TL with 60+ seeders. I remember TL having great speeds a few months back. Now almost everyone gets a TL invite for free. It's hard to get good speeds. Has anyone experienced speed decrease like me?

saulin
03-13-2007, 09:31 AM
A 2 Mbit connection should not be a problem at TL with a torrent with 60 seeds. Well I have a 5mbit connection and usually hit 4mbit at TL. I might max it out on some very popular torrents. Something I have noticed though is that since I started using SafePeer with Azureus and Blocklist Manager I don't max out my connection because even though there might be 50 seeds it only connects to about 30 of them. This happens on most trackers actually. Very rarely would it connect to all seeds.

sperm
03-13-2007, 11:09 AM
I had similar experiences over their.

I’ve noticed a increasing number of people who aren’t enabling encryption in their client and I have a have a wonderful isp that uses some form of traffic management, things can get really slow .

Not sure if you also have a wonderful isp

SinWithin
03-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Dont froget peopel who hit 'n' run .
and the peopel who cheat becouse TL is easy to fake :\..
some one need to remvoe TL invites to 1 invite or 2 each PU..

Army
03-13-2007, 12:42 PM
its good for me

sert
03-13-2007, 12:52 PM
for me TL has decreased speeds in new torrents, where everyone downloading without equally uploading. the reason possibly is cheaters, vips and leechers

old torrents with many seeds are fine

nemesi54
03-13-2007, 12:56 PM
my speed (2048) is maxing at TL......:D

hotwebdownload
03-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Maybe I'm experiencing slow speeds because of PeerGuardian

ExT
03-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Maybe I'm experiencing slow speeds because of PeerGuardian

That can be a good reason but i think the fact that power users have so many invites make TL slower.. When i got there it was so hard to have an account there..

hotwebdownload
03-13-2007, 04:56 PM
Initially I too struggled to get invited there. Now almost everyone has account there. It has become a heaven for leechers. Looks like TL is taking the Demonoid route.

torrentlover
03-13-2007, 05:15 PM
the speed is very very fast

NA_Magus
03-13-2007, 07:14 PM
TL isn't near Demonoid yet. :P My speeds are just fine.

aburyach
03-13-2007, 09:10 PM
I have actually noticed a speed INCREASE there recently. Weird....

peat moss
03-14-2007, 04:22 AM
Its funny just joined thanks to a post from eric , and the speed is faster than I'm used to . Don't know what else say other than still experimenting , I just started a D/L then saw this thread .

Melvinmeow
03-14-2007, 01:37 PM
you need to ask yourself a few questions.

1.) Has my isp made any changes in their policy or network speeds recently.
2.) Do they block torrents.
3.) Is there a speed cap set in my torrent client as well as a limit of how many peers my client will allow me to connect to. (Most clients have the option for x amount of speed and x amount of peers so changing this may show a differance.)
4.) Am I running peerguardian or some other p2p software. (Alot of ips in the peerguardian blocklist arent even ranges that should be in there. For example alot of torrent sites use LT or SL boxes and you will notice alot of those seedbox ip ranges are the ones you are blocking.
5.) Am I connectable. Do I have a firewall or a hub blocking the other unconnectable people from sending/getting speed to/from me?

I myself havent really noticed any speed differance on the site. I get really good speeds everytime.

hotwebdownload
03-14-2007, 01:44 PM
you need to ask yourself a few questions.

1.) Has my isp made any changes in their policy or network speeds recently.
2.) Do they block torrents.
3.) Is there a speed cap set in my torrent client as well as a limit of how many peers my client will allow me to connect to. (Most clients have the option for x amount of speed and x amount of peers so changing this may show a differance.)
4.) Am I running peerguardian or some other p2p software. (Alot of ips in the peerguardian blocklist arent even ranges that should be in there. For example alot of torrent sites use LT or SL boxes and you will notice alot of those seedbox ip ranges are the ones you are blocking.
5.) Am I connectable. Do I have a firewall or a hub blocking the other unconnectable people from sending/getting speed to/from me?

I myself havent really noticed any speed differance on the site. I get really good speeds everytime.
1 & 2) My ISP is not that smart:D
3) I have increased TCP connection limit to 900. So it should not be a problem.
4) I'm running peerguardian. I have heard of people getting busted nowadays. So I use peerguardian even for private trackers
5) I've forwarded my port & I'm certainly connectable.

It looks like the problem is with PG blocking away some university IPs with high speeds. Is it safe enough to stop using it?

Melvinmeow
03-14-2007, 02:11 PM
I never use it.
My personal opinion.... it doesnt really block them from finding you anymore than having a paper bag over your head while robbing a convenience store.
They can still see connected to the swarm they just cant see how much youve downloaded and uploaded.

Even with the PG2 on you think they cant sue you?
Common... they have tried suing people who were already in bodybags, people who were in the grave over 2 yrs. They tried suing little kids.
They sue whoever whether you use PG or not.

(Waiting for the day they try suing someone with no arms or legs for downloading films using their nose to click the mouse.... Headline: Remember you can click with your nose but you cannot hide hahahaha!!!!)

REVTTtorrent
03-14-2007, 03:32 PM
no the speed with me is very fast

hotwebdownload
03-14-2007, 04:23 PM
I never use it.
My personal opinion.... it doesnt really block them from finding you anymore than having a paper bag over your head while robbing a convenience store.
They can still see connected to the swarm they just cant see how much youve downloaded and uploaded.
Makes sense. Looks like no one is secure when using torrent. What do you do to protect yourself? I've enabled protocol encryption. Is that enough?

OmaRin0
03-14-2007, 05:14 PM
i don't have any problem,

always downloading at 2mb/s :)

Cabalo
03-14-2007, 05:40 PM
me too, i often maxout my line with a single torrent! 12mbs

mestari
03-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Yep. More likely it's increasing :) anyway every tracker provides low speeds with old torrents whose have few seeders...

NA_Magus
03-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Makes sense. Looks like no one is secure when using torrent. What do you do to protect yourself? I've enabled protocol encryption. Is that enough?Nope, if the RIAA or any other anti-piracy group really wanted to get you, there's nothing you can do to stop them.

But the chances of that are very slim.