PDA

View Full Version : Do you support Seedboxes ?

SkullForce
03-14-2007, 02:33 AM
In my opinion a bad habit appeared nowadays.:dry:
it is the seedboxes, although it support you with great up/dn speeds, it really kills the soul of file sharing. :shutup:
Users only use it ti get a huge ratio But they don't think about the others who may have a low ratio because of this as they have a relatively slow connection.
it also take a much of money..$$ :mellow:
Do u support seedboxes ?

*You can vote in the poll above.

NA_Magus
03-14-2007, 02:35 AM
Eh it's kind of split for me. It's good for those who want high speeds on the downloading side but it really takes away the opportunity for those like me with slow up speeds to keep a really good ratio.

berserk1980
03-14-2007, 02:36 AM
bro, seedbox gives y good dl speed, and they pay for it.
of course we support it.

if y wanna share, y can try emule. smoking slow.

mievmo
03-14-2007, 02:38 AM
i do :

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1671/untitledcg0.jpg

SkullForce
03-14-2007, 02:39 AM
Slow speed connections can seed on some sites like tl, td....etc
But with FTN, SCT...etc it is impossible
so i don't support id

maxehhh
03-14-2007, 02:40 AM
i dont support either... because they screw ppl like us (third world) and its so hard to keep a good ratio...

mievmo
03-14-2007, 02:42 AM
then pay more for faster connection :)

berserk1980
03-14-2007, 02:44 AM
Slow speed connections can seed on some sites like tl, td....etc
But with FTN, SCT...etc it is impossible
so i don't support id

FTN, ratio is so easy. lots of freebies.
ScT, a little difficult for n00b. but just a little.

ifkstab
03-14-2007, 02:45 AM
I think their good, get great download speeds, so I can watch what I want faster, and then just leave the torrent uploading for days.

Shadowfire
03-14-2007, 02:51 AM
Psh I love seedboxes. They allow me to get good download speed. I have 45kbBps upload speed, just like most of you, and I maintain my ratio fine in such trackers like FTN. But then again, I probably download less than some of you.

SkullForce
03-14-2007, 02:53 AM
But didn't all of u think about those who have a low speed connection.
it looks unfair.

BombayMan
03-14-2007, 02:54 AM
i dont see why you wont support it if you can afford it and have a slow up speed.

Shadowfire
03-14-2007, 02:56 AM
Not all equality is good. :rolleyes: What does this have to do with BT invites, anyway?

Sentient
03-14-2007, 03:13 AM
But didn't all of u think about those who have a low speed connection.
it looks unfair.

I feel a little bad for you. But not nearly enough to sacrifice my own down speeds. Besides, as you pointed out, it's only some trackers that are impossible for you to seed. If you have a slow connection, what's wrong with TL, revtt, even fsc etc? Why do you want to slow down everyone just so you can be on every site?

X
03-14-2007, 03:28 AM
stop whining ... and be thankful!!! They pay extra so me and u can dl faster... upload ur own releases to even out the ratio and :shutup:

Buggyme
03-14-2007, 03:57 AM
I support it. It gives people in countries that doesn't have good upload connection the opportunity to share.

Hermiod
03-14-2007, 04:05 AM
then pay more for faster connection :)

Fastest money can pay around here is 1024kbps down and 320kbps up.

Ultramorpg
03-14-2007, 04:15 AM
I think it's ok for uploaders, otherwise it would be impossible to distribute releases in sites like TL or others with a lot of leechers.

It's true that it's somehow against the filesharing spirit (paying...), but for me supporting seedboxes for regular users depends on what tracker we're talking about. If it's something like TL or RevTT I don't, you're not helping others with low speeds if you don't give them the chance to share, but if we're talking about trackers like ScT it's ok, those trackers are meant for people obsessed with speeds :P

safa
03-14-2007, 07:18 AM
No, Never Pay For Filesharing!

showbox
03-14-2007, 07:34 AM
although i donna have it , but SEEDBOX is amazing ;)
Sure , Support :D

N@LiM
03-14-2007, 07:37 AM
hey whts the problem with ppl using Seedboxes... it is only bcoz of them that we are able to get fast download speeds...

and u think they use these servers only to get huge ratios... do u think these ratios give them anything in return ? it is their sharing and caring spirit..they spend money to help others in getting files faster ..

showbox
03-14-2007, 07:57 AM
Nice Post Nalim ;) Dam u mate , Rep point for u :D

*agian about the topic , i've got just around 20/25 KBs , and with this slow UP , i Up'd about 20 / 30 GB from my PC :D it's Cool dude.

N@LiM
03-14-2007, 08:12 AM
Nice Post Nalim ;) Dam u mate , Rep point for u :D

*agian about the topic , i've got just around 20/25 KBs , and with this slow UP , i Up'd about 20 / 30 GB from my PC :D it's Cool dude.
really nice of... duno but I have get all reps for something unexpected .. :P

spidro
03-14-2007, 08:47 AM
of course i support seedbox it's awesome:cool:
also it's good solution for ppl with slow connection

znik
03-14-2007, 09:19 AM
Could someone tell me how can exactly seedboxing works, how can we sign in and how much money roughly it costs?
Thanks

kiosk
03-14-2007, 09:32 AM
I support the use of seedboxes [dedicated servers] because I use them.

On the plus side, if they weren't used then you wouldn't get your files as quick and as long as they are used sensibly then everyone can still get a good ratio. Yes there are the few that will seed until they have uploaded 50GB on a 700MB file and there are some sites that unless you have fast speeds you aren't going to get the files you want in a resonable time. I'm talking about large boxsets that would otherwise take weeks to download.

Another thing, how many people, truthfully, would not use one if they could. Until home users can get the speeds that dedicated servers give, then people will always want for a faster speed. It's life. Given the choice what would you rather drive? A small family hatchback capable of 90 mph or a fast sports car able to do 200 mph.

I for one can't get speeds anywhere near this at home and won't for a long time.

http://tinyurl.com/2xt3yl

hotwebdownload
03-14-2007, 10:06 AM
I like file sharing to be TOTALLY FREE

RainRoofer
03-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Is it possible that 100/100 seedbox is ~800$ ??

RaPPeR
03-14-2007, 10:36 AM
hey whts the problem with ppl using Seedboxes... it is only bcoz of them that we are able to get fast download speeds...

and u think they use these servers only to get huge ratios... do u think these ratios give them anything in return ? it is their sharing and caring spirit..they spend money to help others in getting files faster ..

i dont think that " it is their sharing and caring spirit" .
if it for trackers it's ok. but for personal users, i dont support this.
even with my slow connection i rather have slow speed than pay for sharing that should be for free

kiosk
03-14-2007, 10:47 AM
I like file sharing to be TOTALLY FREE

But you do pay, unless your ISP gives you a free internet connection. :P

ten elite brains
03-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Each to his own. If you want slow speeds (for the majority of people) and a small buffer then stick with your home connection, otherwise pay some $$ to get a seedbox.

If somebody wants to (me included) pay for this then its up to them. Like the choice you have to go out and actually buy what ever it is you are downloading (I know this is not always possible and a lot of content is uploaded sometimes month before it is released).

File sharing shouldbe free but there is the option to pay for a premium service.

Degenx
03-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Yes i support it if you can afford it, but not when you seed till there is no leechers left. The people with slow connections are unable to seed back then.

22ji
03-14-2007, 12:43 PM
yes yes yes

iNSOMNiA
03-14-2007, 01:56 PM
In my opinion a bad habit appeared nowadays.:dry:
it is the seedboxes, although it support you with great up/dn speeds, it really kills the soul of file sharing. :shutup:
Users only use it ti get a huge ratio But they don't think about the others who may have a low ratio because of this as they have a relatively slow connection.

LOL I can't believe you bitch about seedbox owners..
Those who're killing Bittorrent are those who can't upload more than 300k..go back to emule/kazaa
We can discus about how the ratio on private trackers shud works like Bram Cohen (author of the BT protocol) did but atm high speed connections are the backbones of all descent private trackers...

walczanin
03-14-2007, 01:59 PM
of course i do support it
since im sharing one)))

Itachi_Avenger
03-14-2007, 02:03 PM
yeah seedbox its a good thing.
Its not true that for peoples with a low upload speed its hard to keep a decent ratio.IT depends mainly from the file that you are downloading.I know a couple of guys that have a good ratio like 90GB up and 70 down with an upload of 70KBsec :)

Demonikus
03-14-2007, 02:07 PM
I don't have a seedbox, but I have nothing against them. Fast download speeds are always welcome :D . I'm actually looking to get one in the near future. I've always managed to keep a good ratio even though my upload is like 1/5 of my download speed. Sites that have freebies and upload boosts when you're seeding help too.

ten elite brains
03-14-2007, 03:58 PM
yeah seedbox its a good thing.
Its not true that for peoples with a low upload speed its hard to keep a decent ratio.IT depends mainly from the file that you are downloading.I know a couple of guys that have a good ratio like 90GB up and 70 down with an upload of 70KBsec :)

I agree. On my home connection (10Mb / 512kb), over the past 25 weeks I have downloaded 300GB+ and uploaded 500GB+. That's a (constant) average of less than 35kB/s.