PDA

View Full Version : What's your Bittorrent nightmares

LubTheStaringCat
03-14-2007, 02:28 PM
I will start of with,

I still don't believe I did this, I got a free invite to non other than FTN. There I said It.

It was in my email inbox for a couple of days and I just forgot about It.

I did try to sign up at the time, but It didn't come up. It wasn't so sot after then, when I got the invite.

How people here have similar nightmares,

Melvinmeow
03-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Invites ussually only last for a period of 1-3 days on most sites before they get deleted by the system. Same with a pending account. (Unconfirmed account.)

I had someone somehow hijack one of my accounts on another site...
Wasnt that bad of a loss site wise... however the account on this particular site had an 11TB Ratio surplus so to speak... I tried getting the account back but the staff on that site didnt beleive it was me even though I gave them a rather accurate list of IPs I had used on the account.
Needless to say that person is still using my name on that site even with the staff knowing they stole the account. The ratio was .33 last time I looked so looks to me like the account hijacker got alot of nice files ;)

LubTheStaringCat
03-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Invites ussually only last for a period of 1-3 days on most sites before they get deleted by the system. Same with a pending account. (Unconfirmed account.)

Wasnt that bad of a loss site wise... however the account on this particular site had an 11TB Ratio surplus so to speak... I tried getting the account back but the staff on that site didnt beleive it was me even though I gave them a rather accurate list of IPs I had used on the account.
Needless to say that person is still using my name on that site even with the staff knowing they stole the account. The ratio was .33 last time I looked so looks to me like the account hijacker got alot of nice files ;)

11TB, that's big and a lot to loose.

DefX
03-14-2007, 02:47 PM
I was scammed out of a Filelist account by someone here in FST during my early days here. I know FL is not that big a deal for most people here but nobody ever wants to be scammed. Its one of the most rotten feeling in the world. The consolation is that the scammer was quickly banned (he also scammed others here) but obviously the damage has been done.

I know its nothing compared to what Melvinmeow described above. 11 tb? Thats just insane...

josephs911
03-14-2007, 08:45 PM

Party time for the scammer

timeloop
03-15-2007, 04:28 AM
i was scammed out of a bitmetv invite, heh

diablo1231
03-15-2007, 05:59 AM
bit me with 975 gb

Backslash
03-15-2007, 07:02 AM
pretty sure i got scammed out of NB here. but doesn't matter now. i don't need a norwegian tracker or any other language besides english (except maybe my swedvdr)

REVTTtorrent
03-15-2007, 03:59 PM
To Be Vip

Gish
03-15-2007, 04:09 PM
someone hijacked my ScT account. talk about a big loss!
I will be lucky if I get back in.
the staff there where as helpful as a two dollor hooker and I finally gave up.

next time I will make sure to have better password

marksman
03-15-2007, 04:35 PM
torrentbits closing down..man i really hated that

kimii
03-15-2007, 09:37 PM
I will start of with,

I still don't believe I did this, I got a free invite to non other than FTN. There I said It.

I did try to sign up at the time, but It didn't come up. It wasn't so sot after then, when I got the invite.

How people here have similar nightmares,Why don't you ask the inviter to invite you back. If the invite is expired, it is restored back to the user.

Cheffy
03-15-2007, 11:04 PM
torrentbits closing down..man i really hated that

Yeah, i cried blood that day.:cry:

LubTheStaringCat
03-16-2007, 12:26 AM
I will start of with,

How people here have similar nightmares,Why don't you ask the inviter to invite you back. If the invite is expired, it is restored back to the user.

It was a while ago when I got the invite. and I did ask they said no.

NA_Magus
03-16-2007, 02:20 AM
I was invited to bitme and all was well until my inviter was disabled and I was disabled by association. :/

Dr_Green_Thumb
03-16-2007, 03:06 AM
nightmare is having FTN before it was hot and trading it away for I cant even remeber what piece of garbage I got for it. can I have a refund

snowwhite2
03-16-2007, 11:43 AM
i got my s********** account deleted after signing up within a week and have registered again with the same nick