PDA

View Full Version : RIP Gareth Hunt

Gripper
03-14-2007, 05:23 PM
VENGERS STAR GARETH HUNT DIES
By Mirror.co.uk 14/03/2007

ACTOR Gareth Hunt, star of The New Avengers and Nescafe adverts, has died of cancer at the age of 65.

He passed away during the early hours of this morning at his home in Redhill, Surrey.

His agent revealed he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer two years ago but kept his illness quiet and carried on working until the end of last year.
Advertisement

Alexandra McLean-Williams said: “Hardly anybody knew he was ill. He continued to work and up until New Year, you would never have realised anything was wrong.

“He would have chemo one day and be on the golf course the next. The way he dealt with it was absolutely remarkable.”

Hunt shot to fame as marksman Mike Gambit in the New Avengers alongside Joanna Lumley as Purdey. The show ran for two series between 1976-77

He later became known as the face of the Nescafe coffee adverts when he would shake his hand to reveal a pile of coffee beans.

The actor also starred in EastEnders as crime boss Ritchie Stringer and more recently appeared in episodes of TV drama Doctors.

Hunt leaves behind his wife, Amanda and three son

I wonder if he ever slept with Purdey?

Jagarga
03-15-2007, 01:41 PM
he was in the vengaboys?

Alien5
03-17-2007, 09:42 PM
:lol: no, the New Avengers.

bunny67
03-17-2007, 09:54 PM
R.i.p

manker
03-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Do you know his brother, Mike.

Serious. He's a right vagina.

Jagarga
03-17-2007, 10:21 PM
is he english?

manker
03-17-2007, 10:36 PM
is he english?
Mebe.

I was talking ot this bloke today and only half way through the conversation did I realise he was English. I said to him, you;re not so much of a cunt as what I expected. He was like, cheers.

See. And I thought I was well racist toward the English before that.