PDA

View Full Version : Website Menus

BROCKSTER
05-28-2003, 04:45 PM
ive seen a lot of really cool navigation menus on websites and i can never seem to get on working they never move etc any help would be appreiciated maybe a premade on where i change the text or codes etc thanks in advanced ive only been able to do links with standard not moving stuff please help thanks for any help

Tyke
05-28-2003, 05:05 PM
try flashbuttons.com (http://www.flashbuttons.com)

or A1 Javascripts (http://www.a1javascripts.com/)

BROCKSTER
05-28-2003, 06:03 PM
on that flash buttons one it is exactly wot i was looking for but wen i put in the html into frontpage it just shos the code on the page not the buttons etc the swf file is in my website folder any help??

Tyke
05-28-2003, 08:02 PM
I never got around to using flashbuttons stuff, I just found the link ages ago when I was looking for ideas, nor do I use frontpage, nor am I any kind of authority on website coding so I'll just *bump* this and see if anyone else can help :D

BROCKSTER
05-28-2003, 08:18 PM
lol okay thanks for the links :D

BROCKSTER
05-29-2003, 05:19 AM
nobody done a cool menu in front page?????/ :blink:

SuperJude™
05-29-2003, 05:36 AM
Dude, you can&#39;t just type out the .swf extension for flash. You need to use the <embed></embed> commands and the flash itself must be hosted someplace.

Embeds are your friend&#33;

-SJ™

TRshady
05-29-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by BROCKSTER@28 May 2003 - 18:03
on that flash buttons one it is exactly wot i was looking for but wen i put in the html into frontpage it just shos the code on the page not the buttons etc the swf file is in my website folder any help??
I have the same problem :(

The code is shown on the site and I&#39;m told to copy and paste it into my page but it still only shows the code.

BROCKSTER
05-29-2003, 12:16 PM
me too i know how to do all the embedded etc but now the menu shos up soooo small and i cannot change the size coz the only way ive managed to get it working in frontpage was by using the swf as a file and doing it that way but it wont let u change the size if you do that

if i put just the html in it just shows the code on the actuall page ??????

anyone help?

SuperJude™
05-29-2003, 12:18 PM
You would then need to import that swf into flash and rework the sizes then embed it. There is no way, so far as I know in html, to have .swf without the embed command, that would be like me trying to post a pic here without the img tags.

-SJ™

Dapadipz
05-29-2003, 05:26 PM
well i like to use dreamweaver MX to insert flash items simply press inset flash and choose the item for example "dataprobe.swf" i didnt even have to enter any html codes.