PDA

View Full Version : What Invites Are Worth [Demonoid]

mbucari1
03-15-2007, 12:46 AM
http://mrgneissguy.centelia.net/pictures/avatar/demonoid.gif

Overview:
Demonoid is variety tracker which currently indexes over 130,000 torrents! Many of them
are several months old, but there are dozens added every day. Their wide selection is due
to the fact that they allow anyone upload torrents. I've noticed that many (if not most) of
the torrents indexed by Demonoid were originally tracked by more exclusive sites. This means
that the rare and obscure content that was nitially only available to specialized tracker
members is now available to almost everybody.
======================================================================

The breakdown of torrents is as follows...

Anime : 3,000
Applications : 15,000
Audio Books : 4,000
Books : 7,000
Comics : 4,000
Games : 7,000
Misc. : 3,000
Movies : 23,000
Music : 44,000
Music : 4,000
Pictures : 1,000
TV : 20,000

Ratio:
Ratio really has no effect on your membership. I have seen long-time users there who have a
consistent ration of <.3.

Class:
Almost everyone is a regular user. If you donate money, you are Sopporter and get a few benefits
including e-mail notification if new torrents, instant ration of 1:1, and a star next to your name. No
information is given about other classes.

Uploads:
As I said earlier, everyone may upload. The only restrictions on uploaded content is that there is no
adult content allowed.

Invites:
You will be allowed to generate invitation codes after you upload so much (In the range of 30-40GB)

For a while, it has been every Friday, but they are discussing making signup once a month for a few days straight.

I would rate the site as Follows

Content 5/5 (Variety and overall quality)
Speed 2/5
Rarity 0/5
Pre-Times N/A

pistachionut
03-15-2007, 12:47 AM
content is terrible, and there is no dupe rule.

tbax
03-15-2007, 12:48 AM
demonoid rarity 4/5 , nice joke xD

pistachionut
03-15-2007, 12:49 AM
demonoid rarity 4/5 , nice joke xD

+1

Backslash
03-15-2007, 12:51 AM
are you serious?

Ratzy Rox
03-15-2007, 12:51 AM
Id say it should be:

Content 5/5 (Variety and overall quality)
Speed 0/5
Rarity 0/5
Pre-Times N/A

Speed is awful, its hard not to get an invite to that place yet the content is second only to public trackers (which it pretty much is)

mbucari1
03-15-2007, 12:55 AM
I've found some pretty obscure stuff, but you're probably right about the score being too high. I will bring iot down to 2. I was also worried about content being too low, but I see I wasn't alone, so it goes up to 5 (I found almost the entire autodesk line on demonoid)
Speed will go down to 2

Ratzy Rox
03-15-2007, 12:57 AM
I've found some pretty obscure stuff, but you're probably right about the score being too high. I will bring iot down to 2. I was also worried about content being too low, but I see I wasn't alone, so it goes up to 5 (I found almost the entire autodesk line on demonoid)
Speed will go down to 1

Rarity is in terms of how hard it is to get an invite to the site i think rather than how rare the content is.

If it was as you believe, based on the rarity of the torrents id give that catagory a 5 too :P but unfortunately its not.

mbucari1
03-15-2007, 12:57 AM
BTW, the most imoportant part of a tracker to me by far is the content. I can live with speed, but I need variety.

Speed will go down to 1

Rarity is in terms of how hard it is to get an invite to the site i think rather than how rare the content is.

If it was as you believe, based on the rarity of the torrents id give that catagory a 5 too :P but unfortunately its not.
Got ya, rarity will go down to 0

Hey, I'm thinking about changing the speed to 2.5 or 3, what do you all think?
Many torrents I can download at well over 100KBps Some even top off my down bandwidth (3Mbps)

iNSOMNiA
03-15-2007, 01:24 AM
i don't think a review of demonoid is necessary since it's not a private tracker and it hasn't any value rarity wise + it's not the good section to post a review

mbucari1
03-15-2007, 02:22 AM
Sorry about posting it here. I'ts just that demonoid was the first tracker that I ever signed up with. It has a special place in my heart. The people there are great too. I will remove this thread.