PDA

View Full Version : Synchronicity

thewizeard
03-16-2007, 01:57 PM
...Sigh...because you all ganged up on me in that Oink thread, I have decided to take revenge, and give you a subject, Synchronicity, to discuss. That might just shake the very foundations upon which your beliefs are..erm, were anchored.. :)

Basically what is meant by synchronicity is coincidence. Perhaps this should be expanded upon... meaningful coincidence. An example being, a friend you normally never see rings you on the phone, just as you had been thinking about him/her... Perhaps the readers could add a few illustrations of their own experiences...

We shall be covering questions like "What evidence is there for Synchronicity? "

What are archetypes?

Mythology.

Any starters? :)

bigboab
03-16-2007, 02:11 PM
I think it would be hard to prove. The human brain works on electrical impulses, could it be possible, by a quirk of nature, that you end up on the same wavelength as someone else? It would explain multiple personalities.:rolleyes:

thewizeard
03-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Thanks bigboab for the kick-off, ..erm wait! Would you be referring to me :)

perhaps we can add, the relationship between cause and effect to the growing list in my first post... Anyway, back to your post, it might explain yours, maybe you could try asking one of them, for his(?) opinion :P

bigboab
03-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Try out your theory. The next time you are on a bus concentrate on the back of someones head and see if they eventually turn round or adjust their collar. Don't overdo it or someone will be adjusting your collar.

I know every time I look at the rear end of a young lady walking down the street, they adjust their clothing. Then again that could be because they know that a dirty old man is following them.:lol:

Biggles
03-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Try out your theory. The next time you are on a bus concentrate on the back of someones head and see if they eventually turn round or adjust their collar. Don't overdo it or someone will be adjusting your collar.

I know every time I look at the rear end of a young lady walking down the street, they adjust their clothing. Then again that could be because they know that a dirty old man is following them.:lol:

We only notice the coincidences - the other 99.9% of our thoughts just fade into the ether .....

or is that too prosaic?

thewizeard
03-16-2007, 09:12 PM
At first glance, it would appear as if you have been developing your Siddhis(powers); achieved through long periods of intense meditation. However, could there be a universal source, permeated with archetypes, that can be "tapped"on beneficially through applied meditation?

We only notice the coincidences - the other 99.9% of our thoughts just fade into the ether .....

or is that too prosaic?

The coincidence..I was going to suggest Absinthe or Ether. Regarding bigboab's post, I have heard of this power before, I heard it from a Tibetan Lama ( no less) :) Just over the border from Strasbourg, Wursburg in Germany. This particular day, was a day full of coincidences, I will return to some of them later. These powers bigboab mentioned do exist and were demonstrated very convincingly during an initiation ceremony, of the Tibetan Buddhist centre itself, that purely by coincidence I visited, that October day in 1988.

bigboab
03-16-2007, 10:02 PM

or is that too prosaic?

Have you been on the tiles again?:wacko:

thewizeard
03-16-2007, 10:15 PM

or is that too prosaic?

Where the heart is full ..I think Biggles means Prozac :)

100%
03-16-2007, 10:15 PM
I think you are referring to Morphic Resonance defined by Rupert Sheldrake.

Biggles
03-16-2007, 10:20 PM

Where the heart is full ..I think Biggles means Prozac :)

Prozac might be the answer for the prosaic although I prefer to face the monotony like a man (or mouse .... mouse is good :dabs: )

thewizeard
03-16-2007, 10:56 PM
I think you are referring to Morphic Resonance defined by Rupert Sheldrake.

Yes, but perhaps more as described here in this article

CH – The brain itself is full of light, according to the Bon tradition and impulses of energy that rush through your body and it’s from your brain that you get great energy that generates life force. There are many Tibetan Bon methods of actually training the brain to generate a higher resonance, a higher frequency, a bigger field of energy. Your brain resonates in the Western musical (system) as a G Major, but you can actually change it and get it to resonate at a different level, here it emanates a different kind of sound. Your brain is actually a generator. And it receives and gives out. You can actually get your brain to store more light and as you store more light, you store more sound.

http://www.globalvoicesradio.org/The_Tibetan_Bon_view_of_sound_and_Field_Poetics.htm

Although, what I am referring to is not only something internal, but also something external, more like a "field of possibilities"; or archetypes, similar to a magnetic field... a sort resonance.. probably it's main aspect would be it's peculiar-ness) :) of that moment in time.

j2k4
03-17-2007, 01:06 AM
How about deja vu?

Actually, I believe all such phenomena are an extension of the somewhat stunted/morphed senses we all still carry in remnant form; leftovers from our very earliest stages of development when day-to-day survival was the paramount concern.

The instinctual perceptions and actions/reactions are still there, but, given we've learned the game of mental escapism (to deal with the resultant boredom), we've never properly cogitated/processed these things.

Accordingly, they remind us (however mysteriously) that they are still part of us.

There is an order of events which are occurring on another plane, and constantly, too.

If you pay attention, you get little hints of it here and there.

Boab sees it when young women fidget, for example. :naughty:

thewizeard
03-17-2007, 08:26 AM
How about deja vu?

Actually, I believe all such phenomena are an extension of the somewhat stunted/morphed senses we all still carry in remnant form; leftovers from our very earliest stages of development when day-to-day survival was the paramount concern.

The instinctual perceptions and actions/reactions are still there, but, given we've learns the game of mental escapism (to deal with the resultant boredom), we've never properly cogitated/processed these things.

Accordingly, they remind us (however mysteriously) that they are still part of us.

There is an order of events which are occurring on another plane, and constantly, too.

Normally I never quote a post just above a new post of my own, but the quality of content makes me make an exception to that rule...

What about the experience of Carl Jung?

While a patient was describing to him her dream , which involved the guest appearance of a Scarab Beetle, at that very moment a Scarab Beetle flew through the room... and settled somewhere..now that's what I call meaningful coincidence..

and the subject of deja vu..shall duly be added to the list of phenomena to be discussed in this thread :)

bigboab
03-17-2007, 09:24 AM
How about deja vu?

The instinctual perceptions and actions/reactions are still there, but, given we've learns the game of mental escapism (to deal with the resultant boredom), we've never properly cogitated/processed these things.

Normally I never quote a post just above a new post of my own, but the quality of content makes me make an exception to that rule...

While a patient was describing to him her dream , which involved the guest appearance of a Scarab Beetle, at that very moment a Scarab Beetle flew through the room... and settled somewhere..now that's what I call meaningful coincidence..

and the subject of deja vu..shall duly be added to the list of phenomena to be discussed in this thread :)

I think the definition of Deja Vu as described in 'Catch 22' is brilliant. It goes something like this;

Deja Vu: An infinitesimal time lapse in the operation of two co-operational sensory nerve centres that normally function simultaneously.

I don't know if I have the correct wording(or spelling:)) as I cant find it in Google.:)

Ava Estelle
03-17-2007, 09:50 AM
I think the definition of Deja Vu as described in 'Catch 22' is brilliant. It goes something like this;

"Yossarian shook his head and explained that deja vu was just a momentary infinitesimal lag in the operation of two coactive sensory nerve centres that commonly functioned simultaneously. The chaplain scarcely heard him. He was disappointed but not inclined to believe Yossarian, for he had been given a sign, a secret enigmatic vision that he still lacked the boldness to divulge. There was no mistaking the awesome implications of the chaplain's revelation: it was either an insight of divine origin or a hallucination: he was either blessed or losing his mind. Both prospects filled him with equal fear and depression. It was neither deja vu, presque vu nor jamais vu. It was possible that there were other vus of which he had never heard and that one of these other vus would explain succinctly the baffling phenomenon of which he had been both a witness and a part; it was even possible that none of what he thought had taken place, really had taken place, that he was dealing with an aberration of memory rather than of perception, that he never really had thought he had seen, that his impression now that he once had thought so was merely the illusion of an illusion, and that he was only now imagining that he had ever once imagined seeing a naked man sitting in a tree at a cemetery."

:)

j2k4
03-17-2007, 09:53 AM

Deja Vu: An infinitesimal time lapse in the operation of two co-operational sensory nerve centres that normally function simultaneously.

I don't know if I have the correct wording(or spelling:)) as I cant find it in Google.:)

Doesn't matter; it's brilliant and it fits.

This type of thing happens so often as to be commonplace...again, if you are paying attention.

I log an abnormal amount of gate traffic at 1234 hrs every couple of days.

I think I mentioned this back down the road a ways. :huh:

thewizeard
03-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Yesterday, I was looking through my music collection making a choice of what I would line up to play on my internet radio. One of the tracks I added was by the Cure - A Letter to Elise , I was looking at the lounge forum on FST as it started to play, so I wrote that down in Lilmiss's thread "whatcha-listening-to" http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-whatcha-listening-to-post1836382/postcount8698
.. a few minutes later the next door neighbour dropped round for a chat..and while we were talking he asked if he could show me some clips on YouTube. One of the clips he let me see me was by the Cure not the one which caused my eyebrows to rise.... I mentioned that I also had some of the Cure, in my collection...he then said his favourite song by the Cure is "A Letter to Elise"

j2k4
03-21-2007, 12:40 AM
Yesterday, I was looking through my music collection making a choice of what I would line up to play on my internet radio. One of the tracks I added was by the Cure - A Letter to Elise , I was looking at the lounge forum on FST as it started to play, so I wrote that down in Lilmiss's thread "whatcha-listening-to" http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-whatcha-listening-to-post1836382/postcount8698
.. a few minutes later the next door neighbour dropped round for a chat..and while we were talking he asked if he could show me some clips on YouTube. One of the clips he let me see me was by the Cure not the one which caused my eyebrows to rise.... I mentioned that I also had some of the Cure, in my collection...he then said his favourite song by the Cure is "A Letter to Elise"

There you are.

Confirmation of whatever-it-is at every turn.

Today I logged out a truck laden with a bill #19951 at 0951 hrs.

I took delivery of three flat-beds of new production-line equipment from three different locales; Oregon, North Carolina, and Ohio.

The three drivers were all named Phil. :huh:

thewizeard
03-21-2007, 08:13 PM
:) point being exposed here, would you have noticed it, if I had not started this thread?

Looking at your choice of smilie, this can not be classed "synchronicity".

I think the time and the bill number significant and possibly should be pursued further perhaps it will lead you to a Philanthropic situation. :lol:

bigboab
03-21-2007, 08:17 PM
It was not mentioned that possibly hundreds of drivers were logged in by a fellow called Kev.:wacko:

thewizeard
03-21-2007, 09:04 PM
It was not mentioned that possibly hundreds of drivers were logged in by a fellow called Kev.:wacko:
That's besides the point shhh. :)

Coincidence would have it, that just after reading j2k4's post, that song by the Cure, "A Letter To Elise" started blairing out of the loudspeakers, again. Or should I say blaring?

This is therefore becoming more meaningful. It means, time to change the playlist! So this example, can be added to our "short" list. An example of meaningful coincidence. A possible "Sychronicity" candidate. :rod:

Added this thread from the lounge to the short list too http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-male-masterbation-post1849397/postcount60

j2k4
03-21-2007, 09:31 PM
:) point being exposed here, would you have noticed it, if I had not started this thread?

Looking at your choice of smilie, this can not be classed "synchronicity".

I think the time and the bill number significant and possibly should be pursued further perhaps it will lead you to a Philanthropic situation. :lol:

I've been noticing them for as long as I've done this type of work, and also previously in working with money, inventory, and the like.

I've always regarded it as the normal run of things, but I guess that alone is why I have never gotten so excited as others about it, even given how interesting it is.

I've just accepted it as normal, rather than paranormal.

thewizeard
03-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Paranormal, no can't see where I mentioned that. Perhaps a separate reality..or a parallel reality. Talking of whom, if he now joined the forum, that also might be a form of meaningful coincidence, synchronicity.

Here is one, my father's lucky number was 15. 1+5.=6 He used to hold a number of Premium Bonds. One of those bonds, when all the numbers where added up they added up to 15=6 The very day he died, that particular bond won a prize. This was the first and last time that he ever won a prize and if I recall correctly, due to him dying the prize could not be claimed. The date he died also added up to his lucky number..there were more meaningful coincidences to follow. This one was obviously, don't waste you money on gambling :)

bigboab
03-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Paranormal, no can't see where I mentioned that. Perhaps a separate reality..or a parallel reality. Talking of whom, if he now joined the forum, that also might be a form of meaningful coincidence, synchronicity.

Here is one, my father's lucky number was 15. 1+5.=6 He used to hold a number of Premium Bonds. One of those bonds, when all the numbers where added up they added up to 15=6 The very day he died, that particular bond won a prize. This was the first and last time that he ever won a prize and if I recall correctly, due to him dying the prize could not be claimed. The date he died also added up to his lucky number..there were more meaningful coincidences to follow. This one was obviously, don't waste you money on gambling :)

Is this a recent rule. Any Premium Bond win I had they just sent a cheque to my address. Any cheque could be paid into the estate of the deceased.

bigboab
03-22-2007, 09:20 AM

Is this a recent rule. Any Premium Bond win I had they just sent a cheque to my address. Due to the board acting up this ended up as a double post so I can correct myself. Is this sychronicity at work. After someone dies no prize money can be claimed. You can cash the value of the Bonds and pay it into the deceased estate.

thewizeard
03-22-2007, 09:45 AM
..It's "raining"example of Synchronicity"so I will post them here as the occur ..This one occurred on the new FileSharingTalk's server main chat channel only just now...

[10:32:01] <vargass> sry
[10:32:05] <=- [cimby] is weggegaan (T1)(4202)
[10:32:12] <Imagine_If> but do make a post in the thread sometime...a sort "star"appearance
[10:32:25] <Imagine_If> it's np
[10:32:34] <Imagine_If> as long as it may be posted there
[10:32:53] <Imagine_If> I have it on my clipboard ready
[10:33:03] <Imagine_If> anyway thanks
[10:33:08] <vargass> star? i think you might have me confused with aldo vargas
[10:33:11] <Imagine_If> I do appreaciate your work
[10:33:22] <Imagine_If> oh you are not him?
[10:33:26] <vargass> no
[10:33:35] <Imagine_If> then it's back to mod status for you :)
[10:33:40] <vargass> lol
[10:33:44] <Imagine_If> hehe
[10:33:54] <Imagine_If> ok
[10:33:58] <vargass> I'm Rocco Vargas
[10:34:01] <Imagine_If> coffee and time for a smoke
[10:34:15] <Imagine_If> is Rocco your reall mname
[10:34:19] <Imagine_If> opes
[10:34:23] <vargass> no
[10:34:29] <Imagine_If> oh
[10:34:39] <Imagine_If> ..now you are user!
[10:34:40] <vargass> but thats what i took vargas from
[10:34:44] <Imagine_If> ah
[10:34:54] <vargass> also's username was aldo
[10:35:20] ;;; [(5) FileSharingTalk.com] Connection from tennwalker!71.236.65.7: tennwalker!* banned: ... http://s15.invisionfree.com/Imagine_If/index.php?showtopic=8
[10:35:26] <Imagine_If> np: Evanescence - Going Under
[10:35:35] <Imagine_If> I love her voice
[10:35:43] <vargass> agreed
[10:36:02] <Imagine_If> ok..
[10:36:05] <Imagine_If> bbiab :)
[10:36:11] <vargass> i was just watching her on youtube
[10:37:25] <Imagine_If> another example of synchronicity
[10:37:44] <Imagine_If> http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/the-drawing-room/t-synchronicity-164575
[10:38:08] <vargass> and here i thought it was the completion backwards principal

j2k4
03-23-2007, 08:13 PM
Paranormal, no can't see where I mentioned that. Perhaps a separate reality..or a parallel reality.

I think you misapprehended me, Nigel.

I find paranormal to be a somewhat misused term; kind of a catch-all - didn't mean to imply it was what you meant.

I do think what we are discussing qualifies as other-than-normal or superficial, though...so many people are surprised (the people who misuse the word paranormal, in fact), at certain things they'll actually tune into certain TV shows, for example, to sit in awe at the events recounted.

These must be the people whose antennae are faulty.

I don't pretend to lack a fascination for such things, but find them "normal enough", I guess, to be able to discuss them (as we are here) without having to continually pick my jaw off the floor.

thewizeard
03-25-2007, 09:52 PM
The I Ching is another possible example of synchronicity. I thought I would mention that for further discussion at a later date.

Also I wish to add a link that has totally nothing whatsoever to do with this topic, to try to demonstrate synchronicity in action :) Please be patient with me ...

In this thread you will find it! You will have to search very carefully for it indeed.... (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/funny-stuff/t-t-koffieshop-dutch-109468#post1846399)

:chef:

Agrajag
03-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Stuff happens all the time. You think about people or things all the time.

If every so often a song didn't come on the radio, or the person you were thinking about didn't phone, that would really be weird.

Next time you are at traffic lights repeat this over and over "Go green, go green, go green ..." bet it works.

thewizeard
04-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Alright Agrajag, that's also true; not really where I hope this thread will lead us too. It's not so much about the statistical chance of something happening if one thinks about it long enough. If we waited long enough, the statistical chance that say a Silver -Back Gorilla would eventually compose, lets say "The Dance of The Butterflies could also statistically occur as our diligent Silver Back combines all the music notes until it fitted! I'm approaching 'synchronicity in this thread, more in a "What can we do with this information." Is it possible to filter out the excessive information, to be able to utilise it. What we can possibley do with this energy.

Native Americans use their dreams as an guide, for directions for hunting "wild" and other important decisions. I believe they use a dream catcher to take advantage of all the energies involved. I wonder if I can google an image of one... :rolleyes:

j2k4
04-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Native Americans use their dreams as an guide, for directions for hunting "wild" and other important decisions. I believe they use a dream catcher to take advantage of all the energies involved. I wonder if I can google an image of one... :rolleyes:

If I weren't feeling lazy I'd snap a few pics of all the ones hanging on my walls.

Mrs. j2 has scads of them.

Imagine_If
04-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Well, as we are all approaching together the moment of Truth, be especially aware the coming nights of your dreams. A good way to prepare yourself for it is to go out, look down, if you see a leaf or seed, something organic and portable, then collect it, take it home; you can also choose to put a picture of your loved ones or a wish, under your sleeping pillow.

Hang your dream catcher in the way that's advised..go to bed, say your prayers, now dream. remember in the morning your dreams, write them down, and if you notice anything strange, or not, I invite you to report them here in this thread... :)

nb: of course, you could short-cut all of this, by moving the Oink Thread back here ;)
NB: I am of course thewizeard, but the computer which I normally use, is in transit to an Island off the coast of the UK ..:ph34r:

bigboab
04-24-2007, 05:24 PM

If I weren't feeling lazy I'd snap a few pics of all the ones hanging on my walls.

Did you 'sit' for this one J2?:)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/bigboab/dreamcatcher.jpg

thewizeard
04-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Is that an eagle or a hawk, it looks similar to the one in j2k4's sig, is that coincidence... and thanks Bob, when things are tough and the road is dusty, I knew we could rely on you to deliver the goods. :)

j2k4
04-24-2007, 07:46 PM

Did you 'sit' for this one J2?:)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/bigboab/dreamcatcher.jpg

Nope.

S'noice, though.

I'll have to see if I can get a facsimile done of that; my daughter used to do quite a bit of the crafting, and my sister (who isn't even tribal) is one of the best there is.

thewizeard
04-25-2007, 12:31 AM
The important info..is to hang it above your bed , in the right place before you go to sleep, tonight..or tomorrow night, you could also try the night after. Put something interesting under your pillow too.

thewizeard
05-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Now you are all wondering what this is all about. There is method to my madness. :) I had to do some fishing though.:emorod:

and like little Miss. Muppet....

I caught a big fish.

It was all clearly stated in my dream. I dreamt I was a pig, then a large hidden Tiger came along and ate me up. In my next incarnation, I was a Boar! I got eaten by the same hidden tiger. Next Incarnation I was a swine, this time I didnt get eaten , do you have any idea why not? Oh by the way, I put a picture of my ex-wife under my pillow before I went to sleep. Did anyone else try the Dream Catcher , dream test? Lets's hear them then ...

Imagine_If
05-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Yes, I did, although it was a self made dream catcher. First I got the wire clothes-hanger, that I normally use as an aerial for my portable TV. and made into the right form. I then wove a web using best Dutch hemp, and coloured wool. Then I hung it above my 4 pillar bed

OK well I then went outside and saw a plant , it was grass. So I plucked some, lay it carefully under my pillow, tried to meditate using the 3 syllable mantra. OM AH HUNG and fell asleep. I dreamt I was a small or in small aeroplane flying through the blue cloudless sky, behind me suddenly, doomed a large aircraft and swallowed me up. Then I woke.

Imagine_If
05-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Teh next night I dreamt I saw the sun exploding it seemed to blow apart, then all teh bits conglomerated into three main bodies. There were now 3 new suns each a different colour revolving in a strange way around each other. I seemed so real, I pissed my bed and woke up sweating. I was looking on teh BBC horizon website and followed one of many links. I saw on teh first link something about teh ancient prophesy that this Sun ends, in teh year 2102. Their calendar was extremely accurate too.