PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Start

ShockAndAwe^i^
05-29-2003, 07:42 AM
I think we need to sweep up these dusty old topics and start fresh! :D
The war is over and we use the old threads to talk about new things anyway.
Who agree's?

WeeMouse
05-29-2003, 12:17 PM
Me!

:)

clocker
05-29-2003, 01:11 PM
According to this (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=SF&f=5&prune_day=30&sort_by=Z-A&sort_key=last_post&st=150) 63% of respondents will agree with you.

That SOB Bender took our bribe money and squandered it all in Amsterdam hash bars.
Then he bought Skweeky a pair of hideously expensive Doc Martens and even a frilly black tank top for himself.
Back in my day when you bribed somebody, they stayed bribed... :P

Bender
05-29-2003, 01:18 PM
I saw that! :angry:

clocker
05-29-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Bender@29 May 2003 - 07:18
I saw that! :angry:
Well of course you did.

Mods are omnipotent, aren't they?

hobbes
05-29-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@29 May 2003 - 08:42
I think we need to sweep up these dusty old topics and start fresh! :D
The war is over and we use the old threads to talk about new things anyway.
Who agree's?
Do you mean delete them?

I am against that, unless the storage burden is a problem.

I like to keep old threads for reference purposes, so if a discussion returns with fresh people, you don't have to recreate your brilliant post. Also, if someone posts something assinine, I will often look at his other posts to see if this is representative.

For instance, Pitbul and Hypolux, are veteran trolls. All they want to do is elicit negativism. Negative attention is better than no attention. So by knowing this history, no thinking person should ever waste their time responding to their posts.

I guess some people, who might have started out on the wrong foot, might want certain threads to disappear. I really can&#39;t think of anyone of hand, can you, ShockandAwe? <_< :lol:

clocker
05-29-2003, 01:48 PM
hobbes,

When S&A said sweep up I believe he was referring to this-
http://www.rabbit.org/chapters/san-diego/diet/graphics/cecals.jpg :unsure: :o

j2k4
05-29-2003, 02:47 PM
1) Keep the threads.

2) Let&#39;s get to work on a name that fits, i.e., Echidna&#39;s idea-"peer sharing of a different kind".

3) Get Skweeky to model Bender&#39;s tank top.

4) Send WeeMouse out for a wheel of Stilton.

5) Set up the bar.

6) Importune Sara to wax ethereal.

7) And PLUG THIS THING IN&#33;

Hobbes-here&#39;s a broom; please sweep up your pellets, and the, um, other pellets?

ShockAndAwe^i^
05-30-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@29 May 2003 - 14:34
I guess some people, who might have started out on the wrong foot, might want certain threads to disappear.&nbsp; I really can&#39;t think of anyone of hand, can you, ShockandAwe? <_<&nbsp; :lol:
Caught me.
:lol:

Is that pooop? :o

hobbes
05-30-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by j2k4@29 May 2003 - 15:47
1) Keep the threads.

2) Let&#39;s get to work on a name that fits, i.e., Echidna&#39;s idea-"peer sharing of a different kind".

3) Get Skweeky to model Bender&#39;s tank top.

4) Send WeeMouse out for a round of Stilton.

5) Set up the bar.

6) Importune Sara to wax ethereal.

7) And PLUG THIS THING IN&#33;

Hobbes-here&#39;s a broom; please sweep up your pellets, and the, um, other pellets?
Sorry, missing the old opposable thumb, can&#39;t grasp the broom.

And whatever Clocker is posting, I certainly didn&#39;t do that&#33;&#33;&#33;

Yes, it is true that I can really make the pellets, but I don&#39;t define myself by this ability and neither should you define me in this manner.

Do you want me to start posting your Lincoln logs?

Just because you CAN post a picture, doesn&#39;t mean you SHOULD&#33;

ShockAndAwe^i^
05-30-2003, 01:38 AM
I can&#39;t believe he got someplace to host that pic.
I couldn&#39;t get one to host this pic which is far less worse than that one.
http://www.bsnn.net/images/thomas.jpg
Or is it?

WeeMouse
05-30-2003, 10:33 AM
I think we should start discussing conspiracy theories... :)

In my Modern Studies class, there was one guy who beleived that September 11th was done by the US government so they could start attaking iraq etc. <_<

i don&#39;t beleive that at all&#33;

Another great one is the man on the moon thing...

people around me have said "oh but the flag fluttered" - yeah, it was made to&#33; It had a special bit of metal across the top of the flag&#33;

they also say "the shadows aren&#39;t right&#33;" - to this I say "And you obviously know this cos you&#39;ve been on the moon so many times?"

What do you opinionated ones think? :)

clocker
05-30-2003, 12:40 PM
That might be the basis for a whole new thread, WeeMouse.

A very amusing one.

I recently read a book re: conspiracy theory by Richard Belzer ( yes, Munch&#33;) that was quite interesting.

My only problem with conspiracy theories ( of any stripe) is that once you are willing to question the conventional wisdom about any given occurance ( JFK assassination for instance) the range of possible alternate explanations expands to near infinity. With liitle chance of definitive resolution.

But, by all means, have at it Mouse.
I can foresee some great opportunities for me to hone my picture posting fetish.