Exorcist: The Beginning
House Of 1000 Corpses

holy shit!:
Matrix Revolutions
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

crazy_billy_bats
05-29-2003, 08:23 AM
Most are obvious.
Starting to think Hulk wont be crap, also slim chance T3 wont be also.
ROTK will be more awesome than Revolutions i think.

Pitbul
05-29-2003, 08:44 AM
u have to be pretty stupid to think that T3 and Hulk with be crap. Revolution will be BIG bigger then ROTK's.cuz i know alot more ppl who like The Matrix then the LOTR's movies.

crazy_billy_bats
05-29-2003, 09:17 AM
Im not convinced about Revolutions beating ROTK.
It will have to pull something major out of the bag after Reloaded.
I think ROTK will be an epic, like its predecessors.
Think of the battle scenes in TT.....Nothing will surpass that for a while, certainly not in Revolutions...
Mind you im sure the effects will blow u away...

Pitbul
05-29-2003, 09:23 AM
i saw TT and was very and i do mean VERY let down but the final battle scene i heard it was great this and that and it was amazing but at the end of the movie i was like "was that it?" and "wait isn't there supposed to be a big fancy battle that everyone was talking about" i was sad and by the end bored becuz it wa so long :( :(

crazy_billy_bats
05-29-2003, 09:28 AM
Ok true it was too long....shit my ass hurt in that fuckin cinema...

Anyway back onto the topic man, i love matrix with a passion but was sorely let down by reloaded, although i am watching it again and swaying (only slightly), it was still a poor film.
i expected more, as did most people i think.
Therefore the expectation for Revolutions is even MORE. I think then this will result in an even bigger let-down :(
Although it could be the other way....could be an utter classic....but at the moment to me the Matrix films are outweighed by superior acting, scences, and just for the "epicness" (im sure its not a word but u know what i mean) of what a blockbuster is supposed to be, by the LOTR films.

I have a feeling T3 will beat the ass of Hulk....although not sure....

Pitbul
05-29-2003, 09:34 AM
well there is rumors that the Hulk will be nominated for an oscar or soemthing like that. becuz some important ppl got a pre screening and were heading that way with the film and already a sequal.

crazy_billy_bats
05-29-2003, 09:41 AM
Never knew about the oscar rumours....
What category would the Hulk be in !!??

best actor ?! :D

I reckon best special effects....if there is an oscar for that......and if they pull it off.

i want that screener!!

Pitbul
05-29-2003, 09:43 AM
believe me by the trailer im sure they got to be at least nominated for that. but i thought it was best actor.

crazy_billy_bats
05-29-2003, 09:45 AM
yeah the trailer's good i admit....

but so was the reloaded trailer i saw in the cinema 6 months ago...

know what i mean?

gumbydancin
05-29-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Pitbul@29 May 2003 - 04:34
well there is rumors that the Hulk will be nominated for an oscar or soemthing like that. becuz some important ppl got a pre screening and were heading that way with the film and already a sequal.
You've seen the trailer and you think the movie is going to be good? The comic was okay, but the show was really good because when he 'hulked out' he still had a human side it was just hard to reach. His digital ass looks ridiculous in the trailer. I can't wait until it's released and the national reviews come out, it is going to be trashed. It looks worse than daredevil. The only thing that will save that movie is the fact that Nick Nolte is a tremendous actor, so it won't suck during his scenes at least.

crazy_billy_bats
05-29-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by gumbydancin@29 May 2003 - 13:46

His digital ass looks ridiculous in the trailer.  I can't wait until it's released and the national reviews come out, it is going to be trashed.
i was argreeing with you, but im starting to be swayed.

Theres no chance it'll get a best actor oscar.

daredevil looked beyone belief - didnt even venture anywhere near it.
I think his transformation will look shit.
but true, i dont think he'll have much of a human side hulked out....but then, he's not supposed to at that point is he?

ahctlucabbuS
05-29-2003, 02:31 PM
Well anyone heared the T3 oscar rumours? Apparently Arnold is acting like never before in this film :P

As for the 2003 Blockbusters I have to go for the obvious ones like Revolutions and ROTK. I think ROTK will beat Revolutions though. The two previous movies have gotten allmost nothing but good reviews and most likely this will too. Alot of people have allready seen the two first ones and will be awaiting this one. Allso the films are building on Tolkiens books which people have been reading for decades. I allso think that This gives the lord of the ring films a much wider audience than the Matrix have. Basically this film have a tremondus audience to lure into the theatres.

Goldwheelz
05-29-2003, 03:05 PM
Looking forward to Hulk here B) B)

crazy_billy_bats
05-29-2003, 03:08 PM
i dont think Hulk will be classed as a blockbuster....
Revolutions and ROTK however....

thegroggman
05-29-2003, 03:48 PM
Ok...Im pretty sure you guys all know what I think will be the big blockbuster this summer. You can bash HULK all you want...but they did the exact same thing last year to Spider-Man...and it did way beyond anyones expectations...true the HULK isnt quite as Americana as ol Spidey...but hes a popular character nevertheless. The way they are hyping HULK even if it does turn out to be Utter Crap, it will still rake in tons of money. Now next up...hmmm...Jason vs. Freddy...I remember when I went and saw Reloaded...not at one point did the audience cheer during the film...but when they showed this trailer everyone was going nuts. All the 20 somethings out there...we grew up on these two guys. They are the ones who gave up nightmares as kids. I think the movie will do really well, at least 100+. What else...well obviously ROTK and Revolutions are going to do extremely well. I was personally dissapointed with Two Towers...it just had to much of a middle film feel to it. And Reloaded...well I dont even want to talk about it. Other films I think will do well...Bad Boys 2. Its stupid summer fun. This is the type of film (just like the first) that you just sit back and enjoy. Sure you leave your brain at home...but thats the best part. Also maybe slated for Blockbuster status...SWAT. I thought the trailer was pretty neato and Sam is da man. LXG...now I want this to be a good film, and I loved the comics. Plus the trailers are great...but the majority of people never even heard of the series...I hope it gets blockbuster status...but I think it will be more of a cult fave. Finally...right after HULK my second most anticipated film of 2003. Definitely got to be Kill Bill. Quentin Tarrantino makes bad ass films, and this looks to be rught up there with the rest of them. A throwback to 70s Hong Kong cinema...with all the battles involving hot chicks? Count me in.

crazy_billy_bats
05-29-2003, 03:53 PM
Shit man i totally forgot about Kill Bill :D

How long is that now the fucka's been in production?

Jason vs Freddy ? Fuckin awesome as u say groggster. I remember it was in the pipe-line at LEAST 5 years ago i remember talk about it, and finally it will be with us.

Hope it's good tho, i think it has the potential to be utter trash, remember, only some of the Nightmare On Elm Streets where classics, as with 13th's. I reckon they have to get the story of it sorted....wtf is it gonna be about anyway?!!

To me Vorhees will win (if either of them do)

Sorry my man, cant see Hulk getting blockbuster status still.....

although he is on a jet

thegroggman
05-29-2003, 04:09 PM
LOL..man bill do you ever sleep? Youre like posting at all hours of the day...jeez....anywho. Yeah I cant wait for Kill Bill...atlthough theyre should be a trailer out by now since the teaser came out like in January *grumlbe*. And as for Feddy vs. Jason..I dont know, even if the story is crap people will go see it just for the 15 minute fight between Freddy and Jason at the end. Im rooting for Voorhes though. Hes da bomb. As for what its going to be about...well basically...the kids on Elm Street have forgoten Freddy cuz theyre parents are giving them these sleeping pills. So he recruits Jason to scare them back to reality..then when the kids are finally scared again he makes his triumphant return...only...Jason wont leave his turf..so begins the turf war between the bloods and the crypts....err..I mean Jason and Freddy <_<

crazy_billy_bats
05-29-2003, 04:14 PM
:lol:
sounds awesome man&#33;&#33;&#33;
well im at work at the moment&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:
yes i do nothing&#33;&#33;
anyway i leave my country in 5 weeks so i dont give a fuck&#33;&#33;&#33;
I do sleep&#33; im just in GMT here (its 5.10pm here - finish in 20 mins - yuhuu&#33;)

That fight scene will be superb....
although Freddy has the initial advantage with his blades, does he not?
What weapon by default does Jason have &#33;&#33;&#33;???
NONE&#33;&#33;
although he can puch the head off a black boxer &#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:
which one was that in &#33;&#33;?

thegroggman
05-29-2003, 04:33 PM
LOL...that was in Jason Take Manhattan. Man that one was bad...but Im pretty sure Jason ditches out major punishment with his trusty ol Machete. Apparently the end is going to not only be super gory, but have lots of dismemberment to boot....too cool if ya ask me. B)

ripley02
05-29-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by hypoluxa3k@29 May 2003 - 09:13
holy shit&#33;:
Matrix Revolutions
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
yes my thoughts exactly&#33;

crazy_billy_bats
05-29-2003, 05:25 PM
:D back to the comforts of home&#33;

Although come on groggers, can u see it goin down as a classic after a while?

It&#39;ll have to be something amazing.

ROTK still has my bet.

[)arkredemption
05-29-2003, 06:47 PM
In regards to the Matrix Revolutions I think that it will probably be better than Reloaded although whether it will capture my imagination in quite the way the original Matrix did I&#39;ll have to see. Revolutions should tie up the many loose ends and puzzling aspects of Reloaded (which I enjoyed but I think left some people disillusioned and confused) as well as presenting some excellent action.
LOTR: Return of the King I think will be guaranteed to be excellent (and certainly not as complex) if the trilogy is continued in the same manner as with The Two Towers. The possibilities presented by the book will be excellent if even presented in an average manner.
I&#39;ve got to say that I don&#39;t have such high hopes for T3 and Hulk...Though I&#39;ll probably still go and see T3 (not so sure about Hulk).

crazy_billy_bats
05-29-2003, 07:02 PM
Does everyone think the Matrix franchise will finish ??
I mean, we all KNOW that will be it for LOTR films, unless they do a hobbit film or some shit like that (trust me i have no idea as to the complexities of LOTR, i just watch the films :D )
But the matrix has the potential to continue, therefore leaving it open to being a piece of shit film.

anyway they have already ruined the trilogy with reloaded, so revolutions will have to make me literally shit or piss my pants in the theatre. or vomit, or go into convulsions or whatever the fuck, just something.

Benno
05-29-2003, 07:10 PM
Kill Bill and ROTK B)