PDA

View Full Version : Virus

PXS2 CHAMP
05-29-2003, 11:33 AM
:angry: :angry:
Has anyone got viruses attacking their computer???

I have millions but got Norton Anti-Virus, Systemworks and Firewall. they all prevent Virus coming in. But most of the Kazaa everything u download they have virus. Doesn't matter what it is! they still have the virus!!

Can u get rid of all the viruses so we can download as normal VIRUS FREE GUYS!! :ph34r: :angry:

Ad
05-29-2003, 12:28 PM
what files are u dling ive never ever had a birus with kazaa

SuperJude™
05-29-2003, 12:41 PM
Interesting. The terms used here.

Millions. Everything! Etc.

Sorry unless you are downloading crackz and appz, then I would have to say there should be no problem. I mean I use k-lite every day and don't get virii, go figure...

-SJ™

Ad
05-29-2003, 12:51 PM
yeah most crack about 95% of them are virus

redemption
05-29-2003, 01:22 PM
well hmmmmmmm. i allso have norton firewall and anti virus....and the only virus ive suffered is my girlfriend telling me 2 get off my laptop lol...i think if u dont want the MILLIONS of viruses ATTACKING your pc u should stopd dling appz :P anyway gotta go theres millions of viruses knocking at my port lol

ghost944
05-29-2003, 02:41 PM
Why dont you look in the verifieds for what you want that way you probably wont get any viruses.

firefox
05-29-2003, 02:59 PM
Can u get rid of all the viruses so we can download as normal VIRUS FREE GUYS!! 

Wow now that would be a job for super man. The files are not stored in a centralized server, they are on computers like the one you used to type this post. Saying what you said is not possible because we do not have access to every computer in the world.

Just stick with verified downloads and do not download cracks or small programs. Be glad that your norton is picking up the viruses, because some people do not even run anti virus software and thier systems crash.

nostalgia
05-29-2003, 06:36 PM
Millions of viruses at one time? Wow you must have a super broadband connection. Is you antivirus prog. on leave? Or does it have a burn out :lol:

Ad
05-30-2003, 02:19 AM
The best thing to do to not get a virus is don't use the internet :P problem solved

TIDE-HSV
05-30-2003, 04:16 AM
Occasionally one is tempted to side with the viruses.

johnboy27
05-30-2003, 04:30 AM
What is the big deal,if you have your anti virus all updated and it warns you every time then stop your whining.All you have to do is hit the delete button when norton pops up to say that it found it.
I see the occasional warning but nothing to freak out about,this is why you downloaded norton anyway.......isn't it?

EsssBee
05-30-2003, 12:59 PM
i get viruses now and then but catch them while dl'ing.

there are some viruses though that replicate when they are executed on your system. you dl one file and end up with 100 or so mostly pretending to be cracks or screensavers (dunno about millions though)

also last week i got a virus that was attempting to infect my virus definitions. w32.hllp.pinfi

if your definitions were out of date and this virus has run on your system. it is possible that has done the above.
fizzer and a lot of other worms also infect the definitions. (kinnda self preservation)

ermm i hope you are not sharing at the moment lol

btw. the only time i have ever been infected is while running seriously out of date antivirus software and i got CIH chernobyl (how lucky was i) and i have to say it was totally my fault

Esssbee

Gre1
05-30-2003, 05:10 PM
Yeah thats been occuring in alot of files that winhlp shit cause i got it a couple of times while downloading but i know before the virus protection tells me when i am getting a virus that it is one

llamaj Mim
05-30-2003, 08:00 PM
if you have norton antivirus 2003 running all the time, you'll have no fear of virus, because it will delete the virus as soon as it detects it, which is very fast. and make sure to do live updates, then you'll be all set. ;)

RealitY
05-30-2003, 11:39 PM
With all updates at hand, ocassionally one gets through and you have to do a little homework to clean it up. The last time I got one on KaZaa, I stoped using KaZaa for .exe files alltogether. I currently use Shareaza with ShareReactor for software, this is literally full proof. KaZaa is slightly painful and a guessing game for software.

bigmaxy
06-02-2003, 11:59 AM
well said Reality.

NEVER download anything on kazaa ending with .exe you're asking for trouble. If they aren't viruses they are spyware, broadcasters, diallers - real nasty little things.

I only use Kazaa to get the odd mp3 now. Emule is the future for big stuff.