PDA

View Full Version : What's all the fuzz about U*** ?

Nighthunter
03-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Why are people still looking for U***?

I've seen it and it's not much to aploud to : /.
I mean it can't possible be because some think it's better than other trackers like S*T? :).
Is it just for status?

Shear ure thoughts :).

Shalafi
03-18-2007, 11:33 AM
just for rarity

Nighthunter
03-18-2007, 11:34 AM
But it's not very likely u'll get uk-t before u have sct and ftn , right?

SO u realy don't need it : / in trading purpose anyway . Unless u got in there from the beggining or have some nice friends that gave u the account :).

Shalafi
03-18-2007, 11:36 AM
i dont need u*-* coz it is shitty tracker.
i dont need sct coz i dont have seedbox :)
i have ftn :)

JA
03-18-2007, 11:40 AM
You dont need a seedbox 2 be at sct:P

Nighthunter
03-18-2007, 12:04 PM
You dont need a seedbox 2 be at sct:P

No u need a seedbox to stay :P.

Is it the same with ftwr as uk-t ... just rare and shitty tracker :(.
Not worth the time?

jaapaap
03-18-2007, 12:40 PM
I don't have a clue why everyone is searching for u***, there is nothing special about it. I prefer almost any tracker above u***.

I think everyone is searching for u*** because everyone else is searching for it.

Melvinmeow
03-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Its just a rare tracker since they havent had open signups or invites for so many years. Alot of the hype is caused by people who havent seen the tracker yet.

On the sidenote they might not be all that good with pre times ect... but its more of a community based tracker where they all communicate like a family.
You dont see that on many trackers... most sites its just people after the files.

DefX
03-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Yes, this tracker is average at best. The reason people want it so much is because of the urge of wanting something that they dont have yet.

Patriot foreve
03-18-2007, 04:07 PM
There is nothing special in the tracker ,it's only rare and i think that's why alot of members wanna get in but as soon as they are in they will find that it didn't worth all the troubles

zak2210
03-18-2007, 04:13 PM
Just because it's rare people think it's the best tracker which is obviously not the case. Ukt, Sct and FTN imo are way way way over-rated. I've seen all three first hand and i still think torrentlech pwns all general trackers. - i always max out my speeds and the pre-times are good too.

ukt: sucks low seed/leech ratio
sct: fast pre-times but not the greatest seed leech ratio and you're no good there without a seed box
ftn: fast pretimes, low seed/leech ratio

the reason people think they're good is because it's rare, but they're just retarded :)

mestari
03-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Seedbox is really not required to maintain good ratio at ScT. Part-seeding with DVDR's does the thing at least for me ;)

Nighthunter
03-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Just because it's rare people think it's the best tracker which is obviously not the case. Ukt, Sct and FTN imo are way way way over-rated. I've seen all three first hand and i still think torrentlech pwns all general trackers. - i always max out my speeds and the pre-times are good too.

ukt: sucks low seed/leech ratio
sct: fast pre-times but not the greatest seed leech ratio and you're no good there without a seed box
ftn: fast pretimes, low seed/leech ratio

the reason people think they're good is because it's rare, but they're just retarded :)

Then maybe u download much and want pure tracker and don't care about the comunity thing? :).

But I think the best tracker with comunity now is ftn.

To get on topic. Yes as I thought everyone else also think these trackers are not worth the time just because it's rare. The only reason I could find to get them might be for the comunity there. But not worth tading for.

Is it the same with FTWR?

iStix
03-18-2007, 08:32 PM
Half a year ago I was trying to hunt all possible rare trackers... Firstly, I got invite to FTWR (dude that site sucks ass. After being a member for about a week I gave that account away freely), then I got FTN (WOW I remember that day like it was yesterday, first impression about site was: "Awesome design" - really, I never seen a tracker which looks as cool as FTN) - from that day it was my favorite tracker, not because it has the best pre-times, btw SCT has better pretimes than FTN then, but because of it's user friendly freebies... :D And the last one was SCT wich I received one week later than FTN. Still wondering why do I need SCT though, maybe because it's rare nothing else really... If you still don't get it People are hunting for Uk-t just because it's ultra rare and you can't change this, unless Uk-t opens signups (I wouldn't even sign-up though)... You always want something you don't have or are "forbidden" to have and if there are many like you, you want it even more... :)

P.S. sorry for offtopic. :P

rolo
03-18-2007, 08:38 PM
its a great sit

site

Nighthunter
03-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Thank you iStix for that covering explenation. That pretty much cleared it all out :D. That's what I wanted to hear, and thanx to everyone else for ure opinions. Sometimes u have to ask those with the knowledge from way back :).

I just have one more question :D. How do u close this thread... : /? Can't find a tool or such anywhere :D.

iStix
03-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Look just a little bit above your first post in right corner you'll see thread tools... ;)

Nighthunter
03-18-2007, 08:47 PM
There's three alternatives: Subscribe to this thread, e-mail this page and show printable version :S. ?

iStix
03-18-2007, 09:05 PM
There should be close tool too.. Hmm.

Armagedon
03-18-2007, 09:14 PM
i think the clue is because U*-t is the oldest scene tracker, and it have just 5000 people registered on it, actually i am wandering how revolt looks like :)

Nighthunter
03-18-2007, 09:23 PM
There should be close tool too.. Hmm.

Hmm well then we have to improvise... the thread is now unofficially closed :D.

bytetorrent
03-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Half a year ago I was trying to hunt all possible rare trackers... Firstly, I got invite to FTWR (dude that site sucks ass. After being a member for about a week I gave that account away freely), then I got FTN (WOW I remember that day like it was yesterday, first impression about site was: "Awesome design" - really, I never seen a tracker which looks as cool as FTN) - from that day it was my favorite tracker, not because it has the best pre-times, btw SCT has better pretimes than FTN then, but because of it's user friendly freebies... :D And the last one was SCT wich I received one week later than FTN. Still wondering why do I need SCT though, maybe because it's rare nothing else really... If you still don't get it People are hunting for Uk-t just because it's ultra rare and you can't change this, unless Uk-t opens signups (I wouldn't even sign-up though)... You always want something you don't have or are "forbidden" to have and if there are many like you, you want it even more... :)

P.S. sorry for offtopic. :P

:D nice info ... so hard to get doesnt mean its good ....lol

Nighthunter
03-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Seriously, how do u close the thread? Any mod who an help :(. Can't find anything on thread tools.

Shalafi
03-19-2007, 10:01 AM

Nighthunter
03-19-2007, 10:22 AM

Yeah it's suposed to be there... maybe it's not for new users ? :(.

If somebody finds the time.. maybe a screenshot would be nice on the close thread thing :naughty:.

JA
03-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Doesn't work in BitTorrent Section.

Yeah it's suposed to be there... maybe it's not for new users ? :(.

If somebody finds the time.. maybe a screenshot would be nice on the close thread thing :naughty:.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../tt.gif
It wont work though, only works in BitTorrent Invite Section.

Nighthunter
03-19-2007, 11:16 AM
aaah thank you :D "JessicaAlba" :D. I've learned much today ; ).

BlackCatcher
03-19-2007, 11:40 AM
i dont have u***
i dont have FTN
i dont have sct
i dont have seedbox
--------------------------
i have TL+TD+TTI+.....

RainRoofer
03-19-2007, 02:43 PM
^^
you're the man :D

kajoon
03-19-2007, 03:00 PM
i cant see whats the buzz around u***... i personally think that if u got revtt (for misc...) and oink (for music) u dont need anything else...

Melvinmeow
03-19-2007, 03:31 PM
i think the clue is because U*-t is the oldest scene tracker, and it have just 5000 people registered on it, actually i am wandering how revolt looks like :)

Theres acctually quite a few that are older.

Isnt FSC about as old as U***

I know some way older than that.

Armagedon
03-19-2007, 05:25 PM
Melvinmeow (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/melvinmeow-134672) hmm don't know much about FSC, and can you give an example of an older tracker ? Just intrested ))) (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/melvinmeow-134672)
(http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/melvinmeow-134672)

Melvinmeow
03-19-2007, 06:45 PM
U*** is only 2 yrs old.

My site just hit 3 yrs under this domain. (we were around on another name even prior 2 that.)
PiSexy I beleive is about 4 yrs old.
TB = Just over 2 Yrs. Its about 5 - 6 weeks older than u***.
T-D has to be over 2 yrs old cause ive been a memeber there about 90 weeks and It was around a while before that.
FSC I beleive celebrated its 2nd year about 4 - 5 weeks ago or so.
TL is over 2 yrs old. Ive been a member there for 2 yrs in 1 week and it was around a while before I became a member as well.
(Just to name a few. I can think of a few more as well.)

Granted some dont do just scene releases but all of them post scene releases.

V For Vendetta
03-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Ya Melvinmeow you right FSC older than UKT

the Admin @ FSC from 111 weeks but @ UkT from 104 weeks

:)

U Forget IT Melvinmeow

its from about 3 years old :D