PDA

View Full Version : Need cheap Seedbox

iStix
03-19-2007, 10:39 AM
I would like to try Seedbox, never tried it before. Doe's anyone know any cheap ones... It would be nice if the server had at least 10 mb/s speed... Please write here or in PM...

Or maybe anyone wants to split 100 mb/s seedbox...?

darkseekers
03-19-2007, 10:40 AM
currently i dont have seedbox but if u

want to share , pm me

r0uJe
03-19-2007, 10:55 AM
There's no "cheap" (real) seedbox. If you just want to "try" it, go for a VPS for around $25 or so with Windows. If you know your *nix stuff, you could get one from $10+.

bhaivivek
03-19-2007, 12:08 PM
I am also looking for a cheap seedbox...can spend around 20$...any suggestions?

i.dragonfly
03-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Been thinking about this and am interested. I don't need full 100mbits so I'd like to share to cut down costs.

It sounds like to share a server, someone needs to install some software to manage accounts, hard drive space, bandwidth, and data transfer. Also a bonus would be if all of this is on linux, which costs less to lease.

Anyone want to take the lead? Anyone know someone who set up a shared seedbox successfully?

darkseekers
03-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Been thinking about this and am interested. I don't need full 100mbits so I'd like to share to cut down costs.

It sounds like to share a server, someone needs to install some software to manage accounts, hard drive space, bandwidth, and data transfer. Also a bonus would be if all of this is on linux, which costs less to lease.

Anyone want to take the lead? Anyone know someone who set up a shared seedbox successfully?

your budget..??

name in use
03-19-2007, 05:50 PM
yes,please supply us with info! im also gonna get one but need one low cost

madtors
03-19-2007, 08:32 PM
find someone u trust and share it..........and u only really need a 10MB box imo

i.dragonfly
03-20-2007, 12:46 AM

your budget..??
Dunno, maybe <= $20 / mo.? Don't want to spend much more than the cost of a Netflix subscription. :P Should be able to share among, say 5 people, to achieve the low cost?

ElGatoo
03-20-2007, 01:55 AM
Leeware

ABOUD
03-20-2007, 02:32 AM
Leeware

yeah , i found good offers there (http://www.leeware.com/product.html)
but only 20 GB HDD...

darkseekers
03-20-2007, 08:57 AM
Leeware

but only 20 GB HDD...

for starting i guess that is good for n00b like us..:pinch:

akaki
03-20-2007, 09:40 AM
but it is only in linux that i dont know is there any in windows?

Bo0ddha
03-20-2007, 09:47 AM
Someone with a little more experience know anything about the Leeware site? I see its a shared server already. But for $15 a month I'd be tempted to just get one myself. Anyone have any experience with this site and plan?

ABOUD
03-20-2007, 09:53 AM
but it is only in linux that i dont know is there any in windows?

linux isn't that difficult ...

but only 20 GB HDD...

for starting i guess that is good for n00b like us..:pinch:

yeah it's ok i think as a beginning , but i think it's too cheap to be real :huh:

ojm
03-21-2007, 07:02 AM
I'm using Leeware now. Speeds aren't the best - 1000kB/s or so, which is great for me since my upload is around 20kB/s.

If I get a few people interested, I would set up a dedicated server and split the costs. PM me if anyone is interested.

ABOUD
03-21-2007, 07:33 AM
I'm using Leeware now. Speeds aren't the best - 1000kB/s or so, which is great for me since my upload is around 20kB/s.

If I get a few people interested, I would set up a dedicated server and split the costs. PM me if anyone is interested.

what is the bandwidth /month in leeware , because i can't find that in the site ???

sperm
03-21-2007, 08:19 AM

what is the bandwidth /month in leeware , because i can't find that in the site ???

the bandwidth is supposed to be unmetered 100/100 share between 300+ vps, of which i've seen atleast 16 unique boxes seeding / leeching when using utorrent! quite tough to setup if you have never used linux

http://www.leeware.com/

ABOUD
03-21-2007, 09:38 AM

the bandwidth is supposed to be unmetered 100/100 share between 300+ vps, of which i've seen atleast 16 unique boxes seeding / leeching when using utorrent! quite tough to setup if you have never used linux

http://www.leeware.com/

thanks for the info m8 ...

TehJens
03-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Back away from everything that is connected to Dedibox! They cap your line so mutch that your line @ home sure is better!

And btw, dont rent a VPS, rent a dedicated box!
Dont rent a unmetered (Cause then there sure is many other server on that line)

Scytalle
10-08-2009, 06:54 AM
you could try xirvik, there shared servers are quite good. Decent hard drive space and no torrent/bandwidth restriction. There pretty cheap. There shared servers are about 3 people to a server, with 100MB connection.

Il_Professore
10-08-2009, 02:05 PM
I would like to try Seedbox, never tried it before. Doe's anyone know any cheap ones... It would be nice if the server had at least 10 mb/s speed... Please write here or in PM...

Or maybe anyone wants to split 100 mb/s seedbox...?

First of all we should know where are you from cos ovh can be purchased not from everywhere.
The best sites are OVH.fr ,ovh.co.uk ,kimsufi.com or Leaseweb.com or server.lu

Sharing a seedbox is good but if you choose the right persons or that you really know them cos some ppl try to share but sometimes steal passkeys or install cheating programs and this must cause to loose ur preferred sites.

Linux systems are the way to go but you must have some knowledges in *nix systems if not go for windows but it cost.There are a lot of useful guides in forums or sites but the problem is that dealing with linux starting from 0 is never simple.Maybe someone will help you to configure it.

Have fun and Good Luck.

TrollinThunder
10-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Don't bother replying. Dedicateddude bumped this old thread in what is a transparent advertising message. Reported.

dedicateddude
10-08-2009, 04:57 PM
lol I left a comment and told you guys what host I use but it was deleted by staff and i got an infraction for spam??????!!

so how are one supposed to recommend a good seedbox if the staff are Nazi german people burners that never allows me to post anything?

Fuck you staff

IdolEyes787
10-08-2009, 05:06 PM
lol I left a comment and told you guys what host I use but it was deleted by staff and i got an infraction for spam??????!!

so how are one supposed to recommend a good seedbox if the staff are Nazi german people burners that never allows me to post anything?

Fuck you staff

You bumped a 2 and a half year old thread with a direct link to a commercial site .Before that you had exactly one post in the previous 12 months.Tell me what else am I suppose to think?
Btw if you voiced your concerns in the report section instead of whining here like a 2 year old there was every possibility that the infraction would have been removed .

Needless to say the chances now are somewhat reduced.

brento
10-09-2009, 01:37 AM
The BigSB seedbox service sold at what.cd are really good and inexpensive. I pay $17 a month for 100gb space, 100mbps, unlimited torrents and bandwidth. excellent customer service as well.

Skiz
10-09-2009, 08:48 AM

Fuck you staff

You bumped a 2 and a half year old thread with a direct link to a commercial site .Before that you had exactly one post in the previous 12 months.Tell me what else am I suppose to think?
Btw if you voiced your concerns in the report section instead of whining here like a 2 year old there was every possibility that the infraction would have been removed .

Needless to say the chances now are somewhat reduced.

Not to mention the 20+ posts of hers that I removed previously for spamming. :whistling

Closed.