PDA

View Full Version : 1st Ever FST BT Awards!!

torrentslave
03-19-2007, 03:02 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/fancymojo/BL9INCA8RYZF7CAB3722OCAIVXONPCA8G9W.jpg

welcome everyone to the 1 ever FST BT AWARDS! in the coming days there will be 4 polls opened everyday with catagoies ranging from fastest tracker to best and worst staff. (see below for catagoies and trackers) here are the rules!

1.if you vote in the poll u must reply in the thread that you voted. example: voted,done,etc etc etc

2. you may reply to why you voted the way you did

3. each poll will run for 3 days with new polls starting on the 2nd day

4. NO FLAMING! you may disagree just keep it clean.

5. not all the tracker will be in all the polls

CATAGOIES
Best Overall Tracker
Worst Overall Tracker
best staff
worst staff
fastest download
slowest download
fastest pre
slowest pre
easiest 2 seed
hardest 2 seed
Best Content
Worst Content
Best Future Tracker
Best Community
Best Design
Best 0-day Tracker
Worst 0-day Tracker
Best speacilty Tracker
Worst speacilty Tracker

TRACKERS
ftn
ScT
ftwr
wb
tl
revtt
E***o
nb
swedvdr
tt
thors
bitmetv
fsc
bitme
czone
oink
kg
revolt
pt
fb

marksman
03-19-2007, 03:04 PM
very nice idea..but TL and Revtt should be in..heck they might win a cpl of categories

torrentslave
03-19-2007, 03:04 PM
very nice idea..but TL and Revtt should be in..heck they might win a cpl of categories

opps

elioo
03-19-2007, 04:18 PM
best speciality tracker i think hdbits can win, correct me if im wrong.

Skiz
03-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Welcome everyone to the 1 ever FST BT AWARDS! in the coming days there will be 4 polls opened everyday with catagoies ranging from fastest tracker to best and worst staff. (see below for catagoies and trackers) here are the rules!

1.if you vote in the poll u must reply in the thread that you voted. example: voted,done,etc etc etc

This isn't really necessary if you make it a public poll. That was you will already be able to see what members voted, and what they voted for. It will also just make the thread full of one word comments, making any practical discussion almost impossible.

2. you may reply to why you voted the way you did

3. each poll will run for 3 days with new polls starting on the 2nd day

4. NO FLAMING! you may disagree just keep it clean.

5. not all the tracker will be in all the polls

CATEGORIES
Best Overall Tracker
Worst Overall Tracker
best staff
worst staff
fastest download
slowest download
fastest pre
slowest pre
easiest 2 seed
hardest 2 seed
Best Content
Worst Content
Best Foreign Tracker Foreign for whom? What's foreign to me, may not be for another.
Worst Foreign Tracker See above.
Best Future Tracker
Best Community
Best Design
Best 0-day Tracker
Worst 0-day Tracker
Best speacilty Tracker
Worst speacilty Tracker

TRACKERS
ftn
ScT
ftwr
wb
tl
revtt
E***o
nb
swedvdr
tt
thors
bitmetv
fsc
bitme
czone
oink
kg
revolt
pt
fb

Also, isn't this really just a thread to let everyone know there is going to be a thread? :wacko:

iStix
03-19-2007, 04:32 PM
It won't be fair polls... TL and RevTT may win fastest tracker and other awards just because they have lots of users and there aren't many here who have FTN and SCT... So basically you didn't thought all over.. :)

Moonspell13
03-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Best Foreign Tracker Foreign for whom? What's foreign to me, may not be for another.

I guess he meant "Best/Worst Non-English Tracker" then :P

torrentslave
03-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Welcome everyone to the 1 ever FST BT AWARDS! in the coming days there will be 4 polls opened everyday with catagoies ranging from fastest tracker to best and worst staff. (see below for catagoies and trackers) here are the rules!

This isn't really necessary if you make it a public poll. That was you will already be able to see what members voted, and what they voted for. It will also just make the thread full of one word comments, making any practical discussion almost impossible.

Also, isn't this really just a thread to let everyone know there is going to be a thread? :wacko:

sorry i didnt know i could make it public. about the forein tracker ur right, they will be removed and no this is a thread to let others know about the polls and what they mean. also to get some feedback

DV8type
03-19-2007, 05:05 PM
It won't be fair polls... TL and RevTT may win fastest tracker and other awards just because they have lots of users and there aren't many here who have FTN and SCT... So basically you didn't thought all over.. :)

<< Also not every1 is a member at the higher sites so they might not know who has the higher speeds or the best pre-time or the best staff

FSTer
03-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Really good idea

askj
03-19-2007, 07:07 PM

<< Also not every1 is a member at the higher sites so they might not know who has the higher speeds or the best pre-time or the best staff

Agree. It would be better to use only more usual trackers.

madtors
03-19-2007, 08:27 PM
then there is no point...usual tracker have everything.....

no point in voting for speeds.....ScT wins hand down

maybe bitmetv......mabye...but only for TV

TYPE R
03-19-2007, 10:06 PM
this will be good 2 see,how this plays out:D

maxehhh
03-19-2007, 10:27 PM
very nice idea, i will vote :D

Skiz
03-19-2007, 10:32 PM
then there is no point...usual tracker have everything.....

no point in voting for speeds.....ScT wins hand down

maybe bitmetv......mabye...but only for TV

Not necessarily. I can get 600 kb/s with ST almost always.

Shadowfire
03-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Also, isn't this really just a thread to let everyone know there is going to be a thread? http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../images/smilies/wacko.gif

Haha, what a great idea ... I should try that out in the Lounge.

Anyways, all jokes aside, I think these awards are really cool, and they'll be informative for many people. =)

Cheffy
03-20-2007, 12:16 AM
I do not intend to be rude with what im about to write, so please do not take any offense in this.

This is a rather silly idea, How many of the users here do you think have access to all those trackers are are able to judge fairly?
Its like being on the panel for the oscars and only have watched around half (or perhaps less) of the movies that you are about to judge.
And what are the criteria we are voting for, like Best 0 day tracker.
What is the best?
the fastest pretimes ?
the fastest download speeds ?
or the largest amount of 0 day stuff ?
There are trackers with good pretime but only upload around 30 torrents each day wile others upload over 100 torrents.
So the tracker with the largest amount of users (That also use this site) will win all the polls, Nothing real will come out of this.

The only positive you get out of this is that you give the new users stuff to post in so they manage to their 10 posts :D

tigerjet
03-20-2007, 12:33 PM
TL the 1st
fast, good, easy and a lot of seeders

RainRoofer
03-20-2007, 01:35 PM
To bad they're public.

OmaRin0
03-20-2007, 07:23 PM
great idea!

cyph3r
03-20-2007, 10:12 PM
what a fucking joke... the people making the polls are a bunch of fucking idiots... the only fair way to compare trackers is to have the same selection for each poll. the selections here are obviously biased towards those that certain people favor. i notice that after the big upset a few people had with ftwr, they're only listed in categories to make them look bad.. you fucking bunch of immature losers. makes me sad to see so much negative talk against them... whcih i know for fact is not true. you talk of ftwr spies... i work in the same office as one of their staff - you want the truth? one of the staff there is pretty highly ranked here... they need no fucking spies.
the saddest thing... i've been working on getting a few invites to offer here - on a limited basis - and was close to getting them... can't see that happening now.
as usual, a few immature twats spoil it for everyone.

TheFoX
03-21-2007, 03:15 AM
what a fucking joke... the people making the polls are a bunch of fucking idiots... the only fair way to compare trackers is to have the same selection for each poll. the selections here are obviously biased towards those that certain people favor. i notice that after the big upset a few people had with ftwr, they're only listed in categories to make them look bad.. you fucking bunch of immature losers. makes me sad to see so much negative talk against them... whcih i know for fact is not true. you talk of ftwr spies... i work in the same office as one of their staff - you want the truth? one of the staff there is pretty highly ranked here... they need no fucking spies.
the saddest thing... i've been working on getting a few invites to offer here - on a limited basis - and was close to getting them... can't see that happening now.
as usual, a few immature twats spoil it for everyone.

I really cannot see what your problem is... You've gone wading in with your size twelve boots, without thought about other members.

Why are some people so pre-occupied with F**R that they think everything is a slight against them. For many, the F**R saga is now a distant memory. There is no reason to rehash what happened.

There is absolutely no reason not to entertain ourselves with what we think are the best in each category.

If you do not wish to join in, then keep your comments to yourself. If you have nothing positive to say, then stick a sock in your mouth.

As for F**R, I have good relations with all the senior staff there, and have seen nothing within this thread that would hint at it being an attack against the F**R community. There may be the odd sad sentiment, but the thread is a competitive one designed to find out who thinks which tracker is best.

One final note. If you bother to check out the FST Worst Staff Poll, you will see that OiNK take pride of place, and NOT F**R, which proves my point that this is NOT an F**R bash fest.

//TFX

P.S. Why do some people feel the need to swear. Is it to enlarge their ePenis?