PDA

View Full Version : Summer! Wooooooo! Kickass!

Wolfmight
05-29-2003, 06:45 PM
I'm going to:

Goto the beach
Build a (.com)flash animation site (i.e. joecartoon)
Maybe start repairing peepz computers for cash.
Start a home workout.. daily mist run in the early morning and some weight liftin.. calculate with software
Build computers and sell them. (i've build a couple of AMD cpu computers and they worked great. Includeing my 2.0ghz i'm usein now... holy shit it's got speedz)

Hmmm what u other students in school gonna do?

*does a cannon ball into a pool*

hypoluxa3k
05-29-2003, 06:49 PM
well, it's the end of my college life (4 years of graphic design).
gonna see ministry at the end of june!!! :D :D :D
then probs get a job in HMV
finish that children's book story (watch out harry potter, u tosser)
maybe get my brother to help me make a portfolio website (it's about time!)
also look for design jobs but i doubt much will come my way.
wish me luck ;)

LINDOREZ
05-29-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Wolfmight@29 May 2003 - 18:45
I'm going to:

Goto the beach
Build a (.com)flash animation site (i.e. joecartoon)
Maybe start repairing peepz computers for cash.
Start a home workout.. daily mist run in the early morning and some weight liftin.. calculate with software
Build computers and sell them. (i've build a couple of AMD cpu computers and they worked great. Includeing my 2.0ghz i'm usein now... holy shit it's got speedz)

Hmmm what u other students in school gonna do?

*does a cannon ball into a pool*
Would you believe i made those exact same resolutions to do last summer and i achieved none of them.

I ended up partying and getting drunk for 4 months. :D

This year i'm going to:

Go to the Gym (again i joined last year but didn't go)
Learn some C
Build a flash site
get a good summer job (I suppose i better start looking only 2 weeks left)

or

Get drunk and party a lot :D

Wolfmight
05-29-2003, 08:57 PM
getting drunk is like a slowwww death road... dont go all the way

nahan
05-29-2003, 09:40 PM
Get drunk, buy a boat ,go camping ,rob a bank ,fix the boat, start a fire,
sleep,yell incoherently at others,read my paper ,write a thesis,
pick up women ,go to the beach,watch movies/pirated ones too,
shoot my gun,make some fast cash,watch the 5th wheel,get laid.

And thats it

WeeMouse
05-29-2003, 10:27 PM
I'm going on holiday with some of my family, moving out with my brother and his girlfriend, getting a job...But most importantly - I'm getting the new Harry Potter book! :)

Have A great time guys - have a few beers for me! :beerchug:

Luca_Snipes
05-29-2003, 10:30 PM
after the last few months of stress, i'm gonna colapse in a heap, and do nothing except drink, read, write and possably eat sometimes.

To all that like me have just finished (or will soon be finishing) university for good, the q for the dole is to the right :P

pyromonkey
05-30-2003, 12:20 AM
i'm working at a camp,
working on my new site http://www.punkbuzz.tk,
possibly starting a band with some friends...
and just chillin out!

ging
05-30-2003, 01:48 AM
HMV staffs are cool people

can you get one?

Wolfmight
05-30-2003, 01:52 AM
HMV?
that japanese girl modeling magazine?

ging
05-30-2003, 01:54 AM
guess you watch too many japanese girls :D

Wolfmight
05-30-2003, 04:15 AM
na, i just saw posters of FMV in the game metal gear solid 2... lol
just thought of the idea

ging
05-30-2003, 05:39 AM
HMV, the biggest record store in Canada? not too sure

ging
05-30-2003, 05:41 AM
and it's canadian own.lol

Z
05-30-2003, 06:22 AM
i dont think HMV is canadian.

music world is canadian tho.

btw, HMV stands for his masters voice. strange, huh?

ging
05-30-2003, 06:36 AM
American guide's to Canadian history
http://www.icomm.ca/emily/history.html

Z
05-30-2003, 06:37 AM
canadian history sucks. big time.

ging
05-30-2003, 06:46 AM
http://www.icomm.ca/emily/history.html

nahan
05-30-2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Z@30 May 2003 - 07:37
I dont know about that ,In history the teacher told us that Canadians
stormed the White House took it over and set it on fire.

ging
05-30-2003, 06:55 AM
Canadian had a fight with American in 1999

in south park :D

Z
05-30-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by nahan+30 May 2003 - 01:48--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nahan @ 30 May 2003 - 01:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Z@30 May 2003 - 07:37
I dont know about that ,In history the teacher told us that Canadians
stormed the White House took it over and set it on fire. [/b][/quote]
its true. the americans then painted it white.

they take pride in that in canada. its one of their only defenses against why their history is good and why they are better than the US. and they also won the war of 1812. few important moments for canada in canada-america history. :lol:

thegroggman
05-30-2003, 07:00 AM
LOL...I like how this thread went from...what your doing over the summer...to defending the great nation of Canada. Anywho, this summer...Ill be working, working, working, and when Im not doing that Ill be with my girl, watching a flick, or posting on this forum. Fun fun. Not looking forward to Junior Year of Mechanical Engineering... :(

Z
05-30-2003, 07:02 AM
hey im looking into doing mechanical engineering in university.

whats it like? i need to know.

thegroggman
05-30-2003, 07:16 AM
Well...umm...its hard, well if you have a solid foundation in Calc and Physics I guess not as much...but its still one of the harder majors there are. I guess your classes depend on your school. Plus I went in with all my calc classes done so I didnt have to worry about that. Engineering Design and Engineering Seminar are first year courses...and are actually pretty easy. Plus the major still allows room for electives. Ive taken two film classes, and Im taken another one next semester. Im also taken a foreign language. You onle have to take two semesters of English...which is nice. Youll have to do some programming courses (basic stuff though). Then you get into the actual mechanic courses...involving fluids, mechanics, machine dynamics...etc. I meani f you like knowing how things work...Id highly suggest the career field. But there will be some hard ass courses...Thermodynamics chewed me up and spit me out. I barely passed. And I have to take Thermo 2 next semester [drops head]. Oh plus on top of this you take your gen. ed. courses (history...art...gov...etc). Ive really enjoyed myself though...and have done some great co-ops and research with professors. This coming year Im thinking of doing overseas study in Japan...and that could be really fun. Again..if your into this kinda of stuff, and are willing to work hard I highly recommend it...I myself still have 6 years to go (Im going for my doctorate...).

Z
05-30-2003, 07:36 AM
groggman - where do you go? im looking at u of toronto.

i like things like engineering. the way things work and such. designing mechanics, machines, robotics, automobiles, and general technology. that sort of stuff. i think i might want to do this.
but what kind of job are you looking for afterwards?

thegroggman
05-30-2003, 07:59 AM
Hey Z...this will be my last post for the night, but Ill check in on your response tommorow. Anywho, Im going to the University of Oklahoma right now...but Ill be going to Penn. St. in the fall. And then hopefully to Stanford or Columbia for grad school. As for what kind of job...hmm...thats a long way off man...but anything in the field of robotics would be interesting to me, sony has a good program for mechanical as well as electrical engineers if I want to go the commercial. Route...but Ive also been looking into the CIA Directoriate of Science and Technology...theyre the geeks who make all the cool spy gadgets :P Or I may just choose a lucrative research position at a University...I got alot of chocies, and so do you bro B)

tzone
05-30-2003, 08:09 AM
i cant do ne thing its god damn WINTER over her in nz

but wen it is suma im gonna:

buy sum new clothes
go swimming
chillout with ma friends
go on tha compyta
tork to u&#39;s
and sum utha things but i cant think of them right now

crazy_billy_bats
05-30-2003, 08:28 AM
Well i live in the UK (Northern Ireland) and ive had enough of it

This summer(in 5 weeks) im moving to Spain to live permanently. In Barcelona. my girlfriend is spanish so this is a main reason, but i love the country too. I cant fucking wait
so this summer ill be on beaches quite a lot, with my girl quite a lot, learning spanish quite a lot, and bumming around quite a lot. sounds good to me :D

i want to get out of the rat race...and I realise that there is more to life than this....

im gonna get some sort of job for the time being to tide me over until im fluent, and have saved a bit

then its back to studying for me :angry: &#33;&#33;
computing science is my field
love new and emerging technologies

hey groggster interesting course ur doin there&#33;&#33;
6 years man&#33;&#33; fucking hell thats a lot &#33;&#33;
im sure itll be worth it tho. and japan? that would be cool. their technology is unbelievable compared to here. couldnt see myself living there tho&#33;

im going for the nice quiet life

charity
05-30-2003, 01:35 PM
well in approx 2 weeks time i am going to move in with my auntie in connecticut for 3 weeks then i am going to barbados for a fortnight (thats two weeks for all you americans who will ask later what a fornight is) ad if i dont get the best tan of my life then i will be a bit annoyed - to put it nicely.

TRshady
05-30-2003, 01:57 PM
My plan is this:

1)Get home after breaking up
2) Go to bed
3) Wake up and rush for school 6 week later

I call it ............... hibernation :)

Z
05-30-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by thegroggman@30 May 2003 - 02:59
Hey Z...this will be my last post for the night, but Ill check in on your response tommorow. Anywho, Im going to the University of Oklahoma right now...but Ill be going to Penn. St. in the fall. And then hopefully to Stanford or Columbia for grad school. As for what kind of job...hmm...thats a long way off man...but anything in the field of robotics would be interesting to me, sony has a good program for mechanical as well as electrical engineers if I want to go the commercial. Route...but Ive also been looking into the CIA Directoriate of Science and Technology...theyre the geeks who make all the cool spy gadgets :P Or I may just choose a lucrative research position at a University...I got alot of chocies, and so do you bro B)
groggman -
thats sounds cool. id like to do stuff like that too. do you know anything about mechatronics and stuff? this is a new field? neways, what were your grades like (from HS) to get in? cuz i live in canada, so no sats or gpas, just percent averages. engineering at u of t requires 90s. its pretty tough. i guess i&#39;ll have to work my ass of next year, cuz ive been slackin lately...could you post a reply to this? id like to find out some more if its not too much trouble. thanks.

RGX
05-30-2003, 08:33 PM
Im going to be sitting in the park with my friends a lot getting drunk and playing guitar :D

oh and going to cyprus weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

cant wait

Wolfmight
05-30-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by TRshady@30 May 2003 - 07:57
My plan is this:

1)Get home after breaking up
2) Go to bed
3) Wake up and rush for school 6 week later

I call it ............... hibernation :)
lol.. humans are so lazy they even hybernate now? :lol:

thegroggman
05-30-2003, 09:20 PM
Hey Z. Mechatronics huh? Well I dont really see it as a new field...its basically just applying robotics to commercial products. Same integration of mechanics, electronics, and artificial inteligence. I think the field itself is interesting...but right now I havent actually focused on any paticular field. Thats something I will be looking more into my Junior year. Cuz I mean...really the possibilities are endless. Ive actually even been considering taking a course at Penn. that is based on the mechanics of toys. Good Stuff :D Anywho, about my grades...well I was a really good student. Here in the U.S. I got A&#39;s in basically all of my classes...maybe an A- every now and then B) yeah I was a nerd...so sue me. Anywho...I guess in Canada that would translate to 90&#39;s. But there are alot of people here enrolled in the School of Engineering who didnt have the best grades in HS (maybe...70s). So engineers run the gamut here. But if you want to stay in the school...you gotta work hard. Alot of the kids that I knew who started off with their majors in engineering have now gone onto &#39;simpler&#39; degrees such as Buisness and Communication.

TheDave
05-30-2003, 10:29 PM
i sent off for my drivers license today.
so im gonna get a job, get a loan, buy me a cg125(shutup&#33; its cheap), do my cbt,
im gonna spend the next 7 weeks learning to to ride, pass the test, unrestrict the bike.
in the big holidays gonna organise a big camping trip, then i can go on a big bike ride.

now i gotta get my job&#33;? :lol:

Z
05-30-2003, 11:41 PM
groggman -

so youre getting a bachelor of applied science in engineering then going for your masters? is that the degree? btw, u said you are going to oklahoma, then penn state, and then columbia or stanford. how are affording all this? :lol: just loans, or are you "well off"? ok A&#39;s in every class is simple. i think they look at the 6 best courses (we take 8). next year i need to take discreet math (geometry) and calc. tough stuff, but math and physics matter the most, right? i dont think anyone could get into engineering here with 70s. at least not at u of t. 70s are B&#39;s. 80s and up are A&#39;s. 90s are A+. so if i want to work with robotics and mechanics and stuff, this is the way to go? jobs with sony (the aibo), honda, etc? my dad works at magna at the moment designing the automatic running board for the lincoln navigator. is this what im getting into, cuz thats what id like to do. i like working with my hands and such. thanks for your time man.

nahan
05-31-2003, 04:02 AM
Im studying for my bar exam ,trying to write my thesis on political psychology,and my friends want me to go out for a least a couple of hours
TONITE,too much going on right now .

All I want is some quick cheap laughs just to jump start my motivation
to get this ginormous boulder rolling up off of my chest.

heLP me.

Z
05-31-2003, 04:17 AM
no help here. help yourself. why would you come to a forum for help? ;) :lol:

neways, go get drunk. its your best bet. (not really, but what the hell..) :P

nahan
05-31-2003, 04:22 AM
Help my self hey ? now your thinking Ill help my self to some shots .
ohh shiiiiiiii never mind just thought of waht I needed to write.

FireATM
05-31-2003, 06:00 AM
COUNTER-STRIKE&#33;

thegroggman
05-31-2003, 07:01 AM
Couterstrike huh? I wish I had time for CS...*sigh*. Anywho hey Z. Yup Im getting my Bachelor of science in Mechanical Engineering. LOL..well IM transfering to Penn St. because the engineering dept there is going to give me a full ride. Ive still taken out loans though...not a lot thankfully, but I surely will come graduate school. And no...Im not well of...my parents are just average middle class foolks...well with the exception that my dad gets sent all over the world to do various work. So Ive lived alot of places. And yeah...the U.S. has always been a lot leaner with grades...that is until you actually get in college...at which point the ass kicking begins. Anywho....yeah if you want to work with robotics mechanical engineering would cover one aspect...but it depend on what part of robotics interests you. If you like artificial intelligence...then you may want to get a degree in computer science or software engineering. Or if you like the circuitry involved...electrical engineering might be the route for you. Or...if you want...you can combine fields such as Mechanical Engineering with a minor in Comp. Sci. That way you not only work with the physical properties of the robot...but also help with the design of a.i. I mean...you have alot of choices man. But dont just take my word for it, research the different fields...Im sure youll find the one perfect for you. OH...and in Mechanical Engineering...yeah If you want you do get to get your hands dirty...but there is also alot of drafting involved. Hope I was helpful :D

sk8punk151
05-31-2003, 07:29 AM
Well I will be doing the following this summer

-Working at a camp
-Getting drunk
-getting stoned on random pshyedelics :blink:
-lose my virginity (hopefully)
-partying.
-Get a new gf (my ex broke up with me on the third day of our fucking &#39;relationship&#39;)
-Sk8
-Watch Movies
-Go to bed at 8 am.. and Wake up at 7 pm.. I LOVE TO DO THAT.. its a total mind fuck to wake up at the end of the day.
-Camping

I get out of school on June 13, btw.. When Do you guys get off of school? :huh:

2nd gen noob
05-31-2003, 07:44 AM
i&#39;m gonna drive a racing car. well, i&#39;ve got a voucher to drive a racing car (and a rover mgtf) at a racing circuit in scotland (called knockhill). i have to use it soon though, it expires in august.

i can&#39;t bloody wait for that, should be good fun. the most powerful car i&#39;ve driven so far only had 115 bhp and the car i&#39;m gonna drive has close to 200, plus it weighs just over 600kg. which means it&#39;s fast as hell :D

i also plan to maybe go alton towers (a theme park), the cinema, maybe get drunk and probably laze about a bit.

and then study for my exams.

it&#39;s gonna be good fun :D

Z
05-31-2003, 08:24 AM
thanks a lot groggman. appreciate it. :D