PDA

View Full Version : You Must Be A Member 30 days AND Have 10 Posts To Use The BT Invites Section

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

RealitY
01-24-2005, 07:19 AM
To Read And Post In The BitTorrent Invites Section

You must be a member at FST for 1 Month.
You must have at least 10 Posts.

Its little to ask those that join make a contribution to the board prior to invite access.
This also lets new members at FST get familiar with the site and the other members.
After 1 Month and 10 Posts it takes an hour for your account to update.
When your account is updated you will have a star below your title.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/ranks/member1.gif

If you spam your 10 posts your account will be Disabled.
DO NOT send Private Messages asking for invites.

frozenray
05-21-2006, 07:03 PM
Hello

this is my first post....

I really don't see the point in having to wait 30 days before a newbie can post in the torrent invites section???

I only joined this site because of that section and then discovered i can't even post there even though im not going to be begging people just to give me a invite and then run off and never come back again.....i have invites to 6 different sites to offer right now but i can't even offer them! I would continue coming back to trade so i could become a member of more sites and i would also have more invites to trade.

but i guess i can't.....i have to wait a month for no good reason and i still have to make 4 more posts(i only came to the site to use the invites section but i am being forced to post in other sections if i want to eventually even use the invites section)

oh well!

stamsst
05-21-2006, 07:32 PM
My second post :frusty:

deuce6000
05-21-2006, 07:41 PM

frozenray
05-21-2006, 07:47 PM
your a moron get lost.The reason this site is here is to help people and if you only joined it to use people for torrent invites your not going to get very far.

how is TRADING with people using them?

looks like you're the moron

youngid
05-21-2006, 09:01 PM
it's strange that there isn't a site entirely dedicated to trading private tracker invites, because there are always more people who want to trade them than there are legitimate ways to trade. I understand that some trackers don't want or allow invite trading, but many have no policy against it, and it seems like it's more difficult than it should be.

Chewie
05-21-2006, 09:40 PM
STICKIE (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=97019)

.....i have invites to 6 different sites to offer right now but i can't even offer them!

All requests made in the BitTorrent section will be removed.

If we notice that you spammed your 5 posts your account will be disabled.

Who's the moron?

tesco
05-21-2006, 09:58 PM
your a moron get lost.The reason this site is here is to help people and if you only joined it to use people for torrent invites your not going to get very far.

How do we know you're not going to get your invite then use that torrent site just to leech, then come back for more invites.
People who do that will be bringing the rep of THIS site down, because we'd be giving anyone invites who asks for them.

The point in the 5post + 1 month waiting time is that hopefully you'll have posted around the site and become friends with some people, so that you can be trusted.

And a note to people on the site giving invites: Remember that you don't have to give out invites, make sure you know the person you are giving the invite too and that they actually deserve it.:)

Skiz
05-22-2006, 01:16 PM
Hello

this is my first post....

I really don't see the point in having to wait 30 days before a newbie can post in the torrent invites section???

I only joined this site because of that section and then discovered i can't even post there even though im not going to be begging people just to give me a invite and then run off and never come back again.....i have invites to 6 different sites to offer right now but i can't even offer them! I would continue coming back to trade so i could become a member of more sites and i would also have more invites to trade.

but i guess i can't.....i have to wait a month for no good reason and i still have to make 4 more posts(i only came to the site to use the invites section but i am being forced to post in other sections if i want to eventually even use the invites section)

oh well!

This message was auto-generated

Dear New-Member,
Our Forum is almost completly full.
Our policy is that if your first post is not interesting enough,
you will be banned.

In this case you failed miserably.
Have a nice day.

-On behalf of the one who controls the button

deuce6000
05-23-2006, 01:29 AM
LOL he got banned absolutely beautifal.People like that are of no use to anyone.

raspberry1331
05-23-2006, 10:29 AM
who is of any use here? take it easy, its fun to be somewhere.

muchspl3
05-23-2006, 11:53 AM
fuck you

it should be invite only

muchspl3
05-23-2006, 11:54 AM
BANNED

lol

j0hn
05-23-2006, 09:17 PM
I only joined this site because of that section and then discovered i can't even post there
to me, thats a reason in itself for having that rule.

its for THIS community to trade invites with each other. not for noobies who join for the sole purpose of asking for invites.

there would be hundreds of posts everyday if anyone could sign up and post there. and 99% of them would go unanswered. i for 1, would not give any of my invites out in that section if this was the case. however, im more than happy to share them with the "community".

i still think the actual posts in there should be able to be viewed by ppl who dont qualify. that when u click the invites section subforum u see a message similar to that in the stickies telling the user they do not qualify to view/post in that section. i get bored deleting the daily messages i get from noobs who see my posts in there and cannot post. they simply pm the members instead. also, it would stop google web crawlers being able to view those posts too, right? thats how most of them will egt linked here in the 1st place.

Chewie
05-23-2006, 10:23 PM
Private trackers are nothing of the sort if their members invites all-and-sundry.

Honestly, what is the point of using a private tracker and then inviting people you don't know? The idea of the 5 post/30 day limitation is for members with invites to try and gauge the suitability of a person before inviting them to a private BT service.

It only takes one invite to an RIAA representative to blow a tracker into the water.

BTW, I only banned this guy for a couple of days so he could cool off and still be a member... of course he could've signed up again (haven't checked) but even so he may then be more sensible.

sear
05-24-2006, 08:35 AM
BTW, I only banned this guy for a couple of days so he could cool off and still be a member... of course he could've signed up again (haven't checked) but even so he may then be more sensible.

That seems very generous. I noiced he's no longer banned I wonder if he'll be back could have :nuke: him for all I care. seriously how can anyone think waiting 1 month 5 posts is too long that's nothing I havn't been a round that long and had no problem waiting. I found plenty in this forum to catch my intrest it's a great community I think 1 month 20 posts or 2 months 10 posts would be even better the easier it is to post in the invite section the easier it is for people to fuck up this site. enough said i'm sick of whinging

rguinn
05-24-2006, 09:12 AM
People such as mr. frozenray here tend to make me think about junkies, trying to score some crack. While they might initially try to make the five posts and wait the whole month, at some time it all dissolves into, "JUST GIMME THE CRACK!"

and by "crack" I mean "invites" :P

sear
05-24-2006, 09:56 AM
People such as mr. frozenray here tend to make me think about junkies, trying to score some crack. While they might initially try to make the five posts and wait the whole month, at some time it all dissolves into, "JUST GIMME THE CRACK!"

and by "crack" I mean "invites" :P

Agreed :lol: whats the big deal i havn't found it hard to become a member of a number of qualty private sites. for all the noobs just hold your horses.

raspberry1331
05-24-2006, 10:07 AM
yeah, i agree with rguinn on one point, these private trackers are quite addictive, some people seem to collect them like crazy.. altough this guy wasnt addicted yet, he would have become adicted here. or to continue the parabol, he only tried marijuana, but havent tried coke yet.

frozenray
05-24-2006, 11:27 PM

its for THIS community to trade invites with each other. not for noobies who join for the sole purpose of asking for invites.

well i guess you can't read because i said in my first post that i have invites to T-R-A-D-E

frozenray
05-24-2006, 11:35 PM
LOL he got banned absolutely beautifal.People like that are of no use to anyone.

only for 2 days because i didn't see the whole "spamming 5 posts" thing.....

and after i can post in the invites section i bet i will be more of a use to people than you are:D

frozenray
05-24-2006, 11:56 PM
and btw i am sorry to people that i complained about the whole 5 post 30 rule.....i didn't understand the whole reasoning behind the rule but what "chewie" said makes sense to me....

so i am sorry that i spammed up a few posts just to get 5 posts and i am sorry that i complained....but a few people are making it sound like i am just going to be begging for invites without any to trade and that is totally wrong....

but anyway i am sorry to everyone(except deuce6000 who i hate just as much as he hates me)

RealitY
05-25-2006, 06:58 AM
and btw i am sorry to people that i complained about the whole 5 post 30 rule.....i didn't understand the whole reasoning behind the rule but what "chewie" said makes sense to me....

so i am sorry that i spammed up a few posts just to get 5 posts and i am sorry that i complained....but a few people are making it sound like i am just going to be begging for invites without any to trade and that is totally wrong....
Fair enough...

j0hn
05-25-2006, 10:04 PM

well i guess you can't read because i said in my first post that i have invites to T-R-A-D-E
my point wasnt that u didnt have invites to trade.
it was that the bittorrent invites section is for members of this community.
and not for ppl to join solely to post in that section.
and if u joined only to post there, then ur obviously not part of this community.

the 30 day wait gives u the chance to become part of the community, and post, and get familiar with some of the members.

either way, welcome to filesharingtalk.
if i notice ur making an effort to post and be a good member here then i'll be sure to trade with u, as im sure others will.
its easy to tell when ppl only care about posting in that section.
their 6th post is the 1 asking for invites, and they've been registered exactly a month, and i dont share invites with such members.

edbanky
05-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Hasn't this whole forum and "Read The FAQ" idea been around long enough for people to give up the "I signed up and then noticed . . ." nonsense? Hey, maybe they should be allowed to stay, and be given full citizenship, but be required to pay a paltry pennance, and then everyone can pretend like they never ignored the forum rules in the first place.

YES.

paurna
05-26-2006, 06:05 PM
guys can someone please relax the one month condition here.its really quite harsh.

Chewie
05-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Nope.

RealitY
05-29-2006, 06:20 PM
guys can someone please relax the one month condition here.its really quite harsh.
Was originally considered to be more than that...

lynx
05-29-2006, 10:14 PM
Was originally considered to be more than that...Like 3 years and 5000 posts.
Lucky you, you just would have squeezed in.

Good job Chewie uses NZB. :whistling

welltron
06-18-2006, 09:23 AM
I've been a member for more than 30 days & posted more than 5 posts, but still can't read the content of
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f90-BitTorrent%20Invites%20Section.html

what is wrong with my account?
please help.

Peerzy
06-18-2006, 01:35 PM
After 30 days and your 5th post it may take up to one hour for your status to update...

Maybe?

welltron
06-18-2006, 01:55 PM
thanks mate

fabjow
06-23-2006, 11:36 PM
well that sux:P

DanAX
06-25-2006, 05:53 AM
Did you reply to five posts or have to create your own post topics?

Cassandralees
06-25-2006, 06:14 AM
Well - I'm totally lost - member since 2002 and I'm pretty sure I've done more than 5 posts in that time, but I can't look at them either and have 'noob' as my tag... anyone have any ideas??

tesco
06-25-2006, 07:04 AM
Actually you only had 2 posts until tonight but now you're a 'member' so i think you should be able to view the invites section.

thewizeard
06-28-2006, 03:54 AM
..or maybe you forgot to pay your yearly premium membership fee, giving you automatic access to the bit torrent forums and 3 private invites?

Virtualbody1234
06-28-2006, 09:12 PM
..or maybe you forgot to pay your yearly premium membership fee, giving you automatic access to the bit torrent forums and 3 private invites?
Yeah but most are cheap and don't pay. They end up with inconveniences.

thewizeard
06-29-2006, 04:38 AM
True, but I was referring to his yearly premium membership fee for FileSharingTalk.... giving extended and unfettered posting rights on all the forums, right from the very first day. plus the popular temporary action giving new members 1500 Green Shield stamps...

SpookyLady
07-22-2006, 06:23 PM
thanks for the info on 5 posts and 30 days

fubusmaximus
07-23-2006, 08:00 AM
How can you tell how long you've been a member?

sear
07-23-2006, 08:42 AM
How can you tell how long you've been a member?

on the right hand side next to your name it has your join date which was May 2006 and if you click on your name you will get a list of choices click on your public profile and that will give you the exact date which was 5-31-2006

hakizzle
07-29-2006, 03:53 PM
to become a member you have to be here for 30 days and have 5 post

but it's 5 new thread or juste 5 reply???

FreeDoom
07-29-2006, 03:54 PM
to become a member you have to be here for 30 days and have 5 post

but it's 5 new thread or juste 5 reply???

5 posts = 5 reply's

5 new topic's is different.

You should become a member today. ;)

hakizzle
07-29-2006, 04:33 PM
ok thanks

tesco
07-29-2006, 04:33 PM
A new thread or new reply. Don't spam those replys, the idea is that invites are only traded with members who are active on the forum and that others might know.

Paulinho4l
08-01-2006, 09:54 PM
my acc has 4 months old, i have more than +5 posts and im still an noob.

can some moderator help me?

sincerely
Paul.

DanB
08-01-2006, 10:04 PM
make more posts then :dry:

tesco
08-01-2006, 10:07 PM
I have no idea why you weren't updated in all this time.
I just manually ran the scheduled task for promoting and it set you to member, but the thing runs every hour so I don't see why you weren't already a promoted.:idunno:

suprafreak6
08-02-2006, 02:16 AM
its because 8 isnt a big difference from 5, and if you look, not many of those posts were real long posts, so maybe the system thought of em as invalid

tesco
08-02-2006, 02:18 AM
:noes: It's a computer it doesn't care.

Slack2116
08-04-2006, 03:11 PM
nice picture :p

NotaLeech
08-12-2006, 09:02 PM
I also am looking for Torrent invites and I am a newbie to file sharing but I will be a good uploader or "seeder" I guess it is called. At the top of this site I never saw a header to apply for this "premium membership". How much is it and could someone please send me the signup URL? Thanx

tesco
08-12-2006, 09:15 PM
I also am looking for Torrent invites and I am a newbie to file sharing but I will be a good uploader or "seeder" I guess it is called. At the top of this site I never saw a header to apply for this "premium membership". How much is it and could someone please send me the signup URL? Thanx Read: Do NOT Request Or Offer BitTorrent Invites In This Section *Or Be BANNED* (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=97019)

TheBlaZinMonK3
08-13-2006, 05:47 AM
Yeah it really does suck but its worth it when you can access it :D

Dakidgenie
08-15-2006, 12:41 PM
Yeah this blows...

Bertiev
08-15-2006, 01:53 PM
Will wait a month..

turner3d
08-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Small bug: When trying to access the Torrent Sites With Invites (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t113338-Torrent+Sites+With+Invites.html) topic, I get this message:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. If you are trying to use the BitTorrent Invites Section read here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=89845). Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
The problem is that when I click "here", it spits out the exact same message. Looks like there's a little too much security on the readme.

Also - i have had > 5 posts and been a member longer than 30, but still can't even view the invite site list. Any ideas?

RealitY
08-15-2006, 07:08 PM
That post is in the BT Invites Section so you cant read it like any other posts untill your status changes to Member which occurs after a month and having made five posts. As mentioned your status may take an hour to update when the board runs updates as you may notice you already have access now...

suprafreak6
08-15-2006, 07:26 PM
noobies are in a rush to get to the invite section, just chillout, contribute to fst, with dedicated posts, and soon enough you will be able to look at the invite section, i remember my first month, i easily had more than 50, easssssssily

drxmsa
08-15-2006, 07:30 PM
i can't access the inviting section also

ronscores
08-15-2006, 09:13 PM
i can't access the inviting section also
Oh you wouldn't.. You're only 25 days old :P
Just wait a week dude..

smaugur
08-15-2006, 10:33 PM
I want to access the invites section now damit! :D

smaugur
08-15-2006, 10:35 PM
So you have to be a active poster in this forum but i can ensure you I will be after accessing the invite section.

FreeDoom
08-16-2006, 12:04 AM
Trust is a word required in everything, net included.
Some people come here just get/trade invites...i think that they should try first to be part of the community.
If the forum didn't have the invite section, would that people stay here? would they give a damn about the site?:ermm:

I think the main intent of this site is to inform and help the users, or not?

Be cool :cool:

gamer4eva
08-16-2006, 02:44 AM
Also those who think 5 posts and 1 month and then baam i can trade. It wont work like that. You got to get to know people by replying to threads in lounge etc and get your rep a bit higher. Trust is a great thing...especially with people you PM for invites that live half way across the planet.

turner3d
08-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Reality - you are correct - the board just had to run an update. The part that still seems like a bug / error, however, is the part of the message that reads If you are trying to use the BitTorrent Invites Section read here - that is supposed to be something readable by those who can't access the forum, right? I don't see much point in having a page about access requirements if its intended audience can't read it. That's sorta like having instructions printed on the folded-in side of a bag of microwave popcorn that read "1) remove plastic cover 2) unfold bag"

RealitY
08-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Im guessing your reffering to the pin that was titled You Must Be A Member 1 Month And Have 5 Posts To Use The BT Invites Section which n00bs couldnt read. It would seem the title should be enough though n00bs should be able to read it anyway. Just recently we changed the layout so n00bs can read that thread. If you take a look at the BitTorrent Invites Section (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/forumdisplay.php?f=90) youll notice its been changed into a forum link now linking to a post in this section that n00bs and even Guests can read now...

pharaoh
08-21-2006, 01:54 AM
that sounds real nice way to help out and have instant access

lightshow
08-22-2006, 10:51 PM
I wonder where this influx is coming from?

khartman
08-22-2006, 11:42 PM
:frusty: here to trade my invites away but forget about it on one month i will down the internet superhighway :stars:

galliano
08-23-2006, 02:53 PM
I'm really looking forward to be a member here !!

lonewolf997
08-26-2006, 11:23 AM
/me cant wait either :)

magnoman
08-26-2006, 08:50 PM
I wonder where this influx is coming from?

probally some good advertising and inquisitive minds :)

Hairbautt
08-27-2006, 12:11 AM
Wow, lotsa changes. Glad I've been here.

ScubaSteve87
08-27-2006, 10:48 PM
bummer about this, owell, I need some invites bad so i guess I will be sticking around

Puntz0r
08-28-2006, 07:25 AM
This is a good thing though. It really prevents people from hit and run on the invites section!

TheTRUEKanis
08-28-2006, 05:30 PM
Hello all,

I tried to read the whole thread but got a little annoyed with the constant, berating of "new users". It’s interesting that EVERYONE was a new user at one point or another.
It mimics the real world groupings, where the 'in crowd' picks on the individuals, but once an individual manages to become part of the crowd they soon forget and act the same way.

I'm interested in the site, and will hopefully have the time to spend here and get to know people. From past experiences I have found forums to be very difficult to get into since there is so much bashing, that a person has a hard time making any intelligent comments without the inevitable insult.

Here is to a new try.

TTK

PS EDIT: Thanks for the welcome RealitY :)

RealitY
08-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Hope you make it through and bashing is looked down on at the site...

tesco
08-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Hello all,

I tried to read the whole thread but got a little annoyed with the constant, berating of "new users". It’s interesting that EVERYONE was a new user at one point or another.
It mimics the real world groupings, where the 'in crowd' picks on the individuals, but once an individual manages to become part of the crowd they soon forget and act the same way.

I'm interested in the site, and will hopefully have the time to spend here and get to know people. From past experiences I have found forums to be very difficult to get into since there is so much bashing, that a person has a hard time making any intelligent comments without the inevitable insult.

Here is to a new try.

TTK

PS EDIT: Thanks for the welcome Reality :)
Anyone who bashes you or makes stupid comments towards you becaue your a "n00b" is an idiot.;)
Just help people and ask your questions and soon enough you'll be in the "in crowd".:)

Hairbautt
08-29-2006, 12:03 AM
...and ask your questions and soon enough you'll be in the "in crowd".:)
OR you'll end up like me...:blink: ...not "in the crowd", but sitting alone making dead threads. Seriously, its happened to me thrice.:ermm:

:frusty:

TheTRUEKanis
08-29-2006, 12:38 AM
Well I have to say this is my first thread (also first dip in the pool sort of speak) and its nice so far. Thanks for the encouragement.

Hope posting on a thread as a reply is ok. I edited my first post to say thanks.

TTK

TimeRavine
08-29-2006, 01:55 PM
To prevent scammers and spammers maybe?

Barbarossa
08-29-2006, 01:56 PM
It doesn't work :dabs:

Chewie
08-29-2006, 08:40 PM
Oh yes it does.

RealitY
08-31-2006, 09:22 PM
It doesn't work

n3

n4

n5
Try reading...

Fedders
09-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Its not that bad, I think the rule is quite fine with me. A bit to long though.

smeghead
09-03-2006, 09:50 PM
I am a patient sort of person and have no problem waiting 30 days to be vetted by the community, they seem like nice people (most of them.)
However I don't tolerate bumholes that like to think they're 'l337' or whatever just because they spend their lives on a paticular forum rather than engaging in regular human society.
Not directed at any particular mods on FST but I have encountered them elsewhere on the web.
And you'd better believe I'm coming for my demonoid invite at the end of the month - (if I remember) I always seem to miss the public registrations by a matter of hours - oh well.

"The Transformers are a curse from the beast we call The Desolate One." Stick that in your crack pipe and smoke it
@ ElRey56524

sherecairo
09-04-2006, 11:06 PM

codename
09-04-2006, 11:22 PM
ok.cool

Chewie
09-05-2006, 01:03 AM
I'm sorry, I don't understand your question.

DanB
09-05-2006, 04:51 PM
And you'd better believe I'm coming for my demonoid invite at the end of the month - (if I remember) I always seem to miss the public registrations by a matter of hours - oh well.

If someone gives you one of course ;)

Tempestv
09-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Hello all,

I agree- it's not that bad on this forum, but I have been on some forums where post count matters more than what you actually know- bill gates could sign up and be answering questions about problems on windows and get told off becuase he only has ten posts, so what does he know. it's no small suprise that I don't hang around those forums anymore, despite the fact that I had built up a post count large enough to be knowledgeable on what I was talking about. I just got tired of some senior member telling off some newbie because the newbie knew more than the senior member.

caesar113
09-06-2006, 02:44 AM
Thanks for the info...

jithgr
09-06-2006, 07:42 AM
Hi.This is only my second post.I 2 dont c d need 4 one month waiting

SeK612
09-06-2006, 08:11 AM
I think the elapsed time is probably better than the post count (especially if it is only set at 5), though there is little that can be done to stop those who wish to leech from doing so.

Enforcing restrictions helps a little bit but those who they are aimed at will always tend to do the bare minimum required.

emucxg
09-06-2006, 03:34 PM
ok i understand

DanB
09-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Hi.This is only my second post.I 2 dont c d need 4 one month waiting

well go then :dry:

Snee
09-06-2006, 06:17 PM
I don c d need 4 ritin lik dis.

I think the one month and five posts you have to go through is one of the good ideas the team have had.

It's an excellent idea to protect the people who are already here from nuisances, like people only using them for invites, in this case, and it should be done more often and extensively.

I'd not mind the new people having to go through even more, before accessing stuff that could get us or the trackers in trouble.

scrivner13
09-07-2006, 12:06 AM
trying to do the right thing, tough on this site....will get there, thanks

sontex
09-07-2006, 04:23 AM
hi
i've joined this site about 30 days now and made more than 5 posting
why i still can't access to invite forum? help plz

RealitY
09-07-2006, 06:45 AM
hi
i've joined this site about 30 days now and made more than 5 posting
why i still can't access to invite forum? help plz

Snee
09-07-2006, 07:30 AM
Oh noez, RealitY can count :dabs:

cpt_azad
09-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Hello all,

Here is to a new try.

TTK

Couldn't agree with you more, stupid elitists.

Cheese
09-07-2006, 12:24 PM
I say reckon you need to be stricter. Say 1 year and 500 posts if you truly believe that this limit is there to judge a member's suitableness. At the moment, trying to gauge someone on 5 (!) posts is just stupid.

Anyhow, I have a brazillion posts and have been here 12 years and still haven't got any invites...

Barbarossa
09-07-2006, 12:33 PM
30 posts over the course of a month, on at least 5 different calendar days, and in at least 5 different threads.

And still people would abuse it. :dabs:

supermika
09-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Fair enough, suppose it cuts the frauds out.

HaWhatWhat
09-07-2006, 02:33 PM
its pretty lame having to wait 30 days to view a section making people wait 30 days does NOT make them more active in the forum but rather join and wait the time then post..........doesnt make any sense whoever was in charge of deciding this is a moron bottom line

your treating it like its a priviledge to trade your invites to someone else for there invites thats lame wether your here 30 minutes or 30 days it shouldnt matter

Snee
09-07-2006, 02:40 PM
I say reckon you need to be stricter. Say 1 year and 500 posts if you truly believe that this limit is there to judge a member's suitableness. At the moment, trying to gauge someone on 5 (!) posts is just stupid.

I'm betting that the time-limit eliminates some people just looking for a quick fix.

The five posts, well, that IS a joke. Some of my early posts read like fuxing war and peace, so they might have given people an inkling of what I was like...when I hadn't slept properly for weeks. But people who post a "1, 2, 3..." in the n00b-thread don't say anything at all. (I wonder if they'd do the the same up to 500, heh.)

Looking at the pinned topic in that section, RealitY does say, tho', that we should pick the people we give invites to carefully. I suppose the five posts are there just so we have something to look at at all.

Some people, with say...6269 posts-ish who've been members for three years are still untrustworthy n00bies, as most of their posts are composed of smileys.

Or lies, smileys or lies.

pECi
09-07-2006, 02:43 PM
dude...you're the moron:yup:

read this and then we'll talk

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=125696

this is a community...get it?? co mmu ni ty...do i have to spell it for u?? this is not a trading post for your invites

Cheese
09-07-2006, 02:47 PM
You should only invite people that you would have on your MSN list. :sage:

integspec
09-07-2006, 02:58 PM
Yes, it's true that we practice caution when we invite strangers or trade invites. However, I have traded / given out a few invites and yet to be burned. Luck of the draw I suppose... :)

berserk1980
09-07-2006, 03:27 PM
when i come here first, i never think i can get oink and others here for free.
as time goes by,we know each other,and finally you can get what you want.
(just do not want too more!!)

Colt Seevers
09-07-2006, 03:39 PM
its pretty lame having to wait 30 days to view a section making people wait 30 days does NOT make them more active in the forum but rather join and wait the time then post..........doesnt make any sense whoever was in charge of deciding this is a moron bottom line

your treating it like its a priviledge to trade your invites to someone else for there invites thats lame wether your here 30 minutes or 30 days it shouldnt matter

DON'T LIKE IT? FUCK OFF THEN YOU CLOWN!

http://jobbie.games.googlepages.com/untitled.JPG

deuce6000
09-07-2006, 03:49 PM
You are on the shitlist now dude probably should go find another place to whine about how the world does you wrong because noone here seems to give a rats ass about what you think.

jokerjoe
09-07-2006, 03:57 PM
I think that waiting 30 days is well worth the wait. Just think of it as a trial period that you must go through before you get what you want. Small price to pay in my opinion.

deuce6000
09-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Good they disabled his account.Peoploe need to learn patience :)

titana
09-07-2006, 04:53 PM
30 days is symbolic
it gives time to you and others to develop some trust
offcourse if you are active

-SaTaN-
09-07-2006, 05:08 PM
it doesnot matter... 30 days are nothing if you are really looking forward to be on the site for long ... otherwise u aint any good to the site anyways p

j0hn
09-07-2006, 09:32 PM
perhaps something like that would be good as an addition to the invites section. like a power member invite section kind of thing. thats invisible to users who dont meet the requirements. and isnt advertised, so users dont mass post just to qualify. it would certainly be n00b free, and i'd share my invites more freely without being so cautious.

Colt Seevers
09-07-2006, 10:00 PM
perhaps something like that would be good as an addition to the invites section. like a power member invite section kind of thing. thats invisible to users who dont meet the requirements. and isnt advertised, so users dont mass post just to qualify. it would certainly be n00b free, and i'd share my invites more freely without being so cautious.

Hmm Power Members! anyway we could 'hide' it in the board rules that once you reach this said critera (which ever it's set at) then you gain access to the invite section. They will never think to look there! :P

tesco
09-07-2006, 10:23 PM
30 posts over the course of a month, on at least 5 different calendar days, and in at least 5 different threads.

And still people would abuse it. :dabs:The more posts we make it the more spam posts we get.
It's been tried and tested.

Waiting longer is the only method that works. :idunno:

Tempestv
09-08-2006, 06:49 AM

And still people would abuse it. :dabs:The more posts we make it the more spam posts we get.

I always wondered why it was so few posts compaired to the days. I mean 5 posts could easly be clicked off in one day if the user is actually contributing to the forums. and to all the people that think waiting 30 days is unfair, life can be unfair- in this case, the people that run the site have decied that you have to wait 30 days before accessing the invite section. they run the site, so it's their choice. quit your bellyaching, I assure you it isn't helping your cause. if you want an invites forum that doesn't make you wait 30 days, and can't find one on the net, host your own and you can set all the rules you want. if you want to hang out at and contribute to a pretty good forum, and possably get some invites in the future, stick around.

ngoducthang
09-08-2006, 12:57 PM
The more posts we make it the more spam posts we get.

I always wondered why it was so few posts compaired to the days. I mean 5 posts could easly be clicked off in one day if the user is actually contributing to the forums. and to all the people that think waiting 30 days is unfair, life can be unfair- in this case, the people that run the site have decied that you have to wait 30 days before accessing the invite section. they run the site, so it's their choice. quit your bellyaching, I assure you it isn't helping your cause. if you want an invites forum that doesn't make you wait 30 days, and can't find one on the net, host your own and you can set all the rules you want. if you want to hang out at and contribute to a pretty good forum, and possably get some invites in the future, stick around.

ya man i agree, people who are complaining about the rules are just people who think they should get w/e they want. hey if you want your rules make your own site it's as easy as that. 30 days will go by pretty quick if you ask me. you'll be so busy with work or school that you won't even notice it's passed by. as for the 5 posts it takes seconds if you actually read the posts and have something good to say about it.

manker
09-08-2006, 01:02 PM
as for the 5 posts it takes seconds if you actually read the posts and have something good to say about it.Says the guy with 6 posts in over two and a half years.

Chewie
09-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Perhaps in that time there's been very little he could say that you already hadn't, manker.

manker
09-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Perhaps in that time there's been very little he could say that you already hadn't, manker.
Indeed.

The forum would be a better place if littered exclusively with my soliloquies.

maxpower76
09-10-2006, 10:51 PM
hi all

newsoulhk
09-10-2006, 11:36 PM
Thx for information

gk2002
09-11-2006, 01:14 AM
ok, my first post.

nizrulesall
09-11-2006, 04:35 AM
ok, my first post.

try reading some threads and contribute to them with something intelligent...

Pradhan82
09-11-2006, 01:09 PM
:shutup:
Oh, my god.

:)
I'll do my best.

Batu
09-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Hello FST, This is my first post and i have started to counting days :)

mange70a
09-11-2006, 09:54 PM
:stars:

RealitY
09-11-2006, 10:00 PM
:stars:
Were thinking about making you a mod now...

Illusionz
09-12-2006, 07:28 AM
We're thinking about making you a mod now...

ROFL...

Okay, at the risk of invoking the wrath of the mighty mods, I must ask this moronic question: If I don't login for say, a couple of weeks, then does my one month approbation period begin all over again?

RealitY
09-12-2006, 07:35 AM
Okay, at the risk of invoking the wrath of the mighty mods, I must ask this moronic question: If I don't login for say, a couple of weeks, then does my one month approbation period begin all over again?
Nope its based on join date...

tesco
09-12-2006, 09:04 AM
Nope its based on join date...shhhh

beno
09-12-2006, 11:09 AM
good day everyone new member here rules are meant to be followed ill wait 30 days and 5 posts cheers

necromancer64
09-12-2006, 10:16 PM
I understand your reasons behind this and will do my time like a good inmate .... I mean member ;)

This torrent stuff can be annoying at times like that little yellow triangle that will not go away on Utorrent no matter what I do :O

batoloco
09-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Hi people. Noob here as well. I hate it that it's so damn difficult those invites. Well life ain't easy.

phaedrus06
09-14-2006, 07:23 PM
La La La. I wait.

100%
09-14-2006, 07:30 PM
You could change it to you must have 30 posts in the forum in per day for five years, if your ratio goes under 25% then you will be banned.

tesco
09-14-2006, 11:10 PM
You could change it to you must have 30 posts in the forum in per day for five years, if your ratio goes under 25% then you will be banned.
Not easily...:huh:

lorismarcos
09-16-2006, 10:28 PM
i have 5 posts , but i cant get in

Sexecutioner
09-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Hihi

j0hn
09-17-2006, 06:07 PM
i have 5 posts , but i cant get in
u should be able to visit it now.
it takes a little while to update, and u had only just made ur 5th post.

jojoes
09-17-2006, 06:07 PM
hmm that sounds very fair to me. although it sucks for someone like me >< LOL

but it is a good rule to implement

bbd718
09-17-2006, 09:57 PM
i read about trading but i'm new to this site and what exactly is trading about.

j0hn
09-17-2006, 11:18 PM
i read about trading but i'm new to this site and what exactly is trading about.
its a part of the forum where u can ask for/trade/give away invitations to private bittorrent websites.

SaturatedGreen
09-18-2006, 03:16 AM
:)

pdaex
09-18-2006, 08:40 AM
oooooooooookay. understood

play_m8s
09-18-2006, 09:10 AM
I am not really sure what the heel this is al about - I am trying to download girls next door season one, can any one help me please???

RealitY
09-18-2006, 09:33 AM
I am not really sure what the heel this is al about - I am trying to download girls next door season one, can any one help me please???
Whats made you post this...

gatorade
09-18-2006, 07:59 PM
what's up

pECi
09-18-2006, 09:44 PM
someone should disable post count in this thread :D

j0hn
09-18-2006, 11:49 PM
probably a good idea. this is a good place to spot those who are spamming their 1st 5 posts though.

if i see a n00b who has posted here, and they have 5 posts, then i often view all posts by that member. u'll often find that those 5 posts were made in the space of 2 mins, and consist of about 10 words in total. "ok tnx" "hey" "ok" "tnx didnt know" etc...
i usually report this, and somebody deals with it (doesnt say who fulfills reports, unless they post a reply).

thewizeard
09-19-2006, 06:39 AM

We could hold a poll ..to see who deserves to be called FST moron of the year..:dabs:

RealitY
09-19-2006, 04:48 PM
We could hold a poll ..to see who deserves to be called FST moron of the year..:dabs:
Then we could give them fancy stars amd really get JP goat in a roar...

goneny
09-19-2006, 07:43 PM
can some on please give med a <Removed.> invite or ticket please:w00t:

<Removed.>

seniorx
09-19-2006, 08:08 PM

Nu credeti ca este o ineptie asta cu 5 posturi??

eu cred ca da !!

mai bine ati modifica aceasta modalitate

asta e...mai trebuie sa scriu

RealitY
09-19-2006, 08:37 PM

Nu credeti ca este o ineptie asta cu 5 posturi??

eu cred ca da !!

mai bine ati modifica aceasta modalitate

asta e...mai trebuie sa scriu

Not much better spamming your 5 posts so that they have to be merged is it...

Skiz
09-19-2006, 08:43 PM
probably a good idea. this is a good place to spot those who are spamming their 1st 5 posts though.

if i see a n00b who has posted here, and they have 5 posts, then i often view all posts by that member. u'll often find that those 5 posts were made in the space of 2 mins, and consist of about 10 words in total. "ok tnx" "hey" "ok" "tnx didnt know" etc...
i usually report this, and somebody deals with it (doesnt say who fulfills reports, unless they post a reply).

After you make a report, go to the very bottom of the forum homepage and you'll see the 'Report' section. Look back an hour or so after your report, and it will say who fulfilled the request. :)

j0hn
09-19-2006, 11:23 PM
After you make a report, go to the very bottom of the forum homepage and you'll see the 'Report' section. Look back an hour or so after your report, and it will say who fulfilled the request. :)

tnx :)
never noticed it told u who fulfilled the report

tesco
09-19-2006, 11:29 PM

tnx :)
never noticed it told u who fulfilled the report
It's usually just whatever mod(s) is/are active at the time the report is made, so it could be any of us.

BobBeatley
09-20-2006, 01:01 AM
man post post post that al you think i'm good for

RealitY
09-20-2006, 04:20 AM
Would you rather buy the staff lunch or what...

j0hn
09-21-2006, 12:42 AM
8 out of ur 10 posts have said thanks, and no more. so it appears ur not even good for that.

PJWomble
09-21-2006, 02:52 AM
:mellow:I'm probably being exceptionally dense, but what's a BT Invite? I just bumped into this site while browsing and then threads started turning up on my Google Desktop.

I share a lot of files via BitTorrent, but normally just use isohunt.com so have no idea about 'invites'.

Anyhow, it all looks well interesting here, so I'll have a browse and then check back!

Cheers,

PJ

faltig
09-21-2006, 04:11 AM
hi, why is the need of waiting 30 days u can reduce it to 15 days ......... i hope my suggesstion will be considered

Happydoughboy
09-21-2006, 03:09 PM
Hey everybody, getting my first post in :p

minnepinne
09-21-2006, 06:43 PM
this is just whack! cant wait a whole fu*king month.

third post

forth

fifth... done... then a month to wait. whack!

DanB
09-21-2006, 08:30 PM
this is just whack! cant wait a whole fu*king month.

third post

forth

fifth... done... then a month to wait. whack!

Like it or lump it, cawk :dry:

blade
09-22-2006, 01:13 PM
Hello nice to see such a happy bunch of people ........
i love these type of forums.....the members are so loyal its emotional

kraftx
09-22-2006, 09:05 PM
Hi All, I've been a member for awhile but have only read and not posted so here is one of 5. This is a great Filesharing site, I look forward to posting more!
Kraftx

Twomuchtwodo
09-23-2006, 02:06 AM
Hello

guitarghouls
09-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Sounds fair enough.

netwatch
09-24-2006, 03:20 AM
Hi. this is my first post. i'm new here in this downloading game...

Wrcshare
09-24-2006, 01:37 PM
I dont know

raseec
09-26-2006, 01:50 AM
I think that waiting 30 days is well worth the wait. Just think of it as a trial period that you must go through before you get what you want. Small price to pay in my opinion. :chef:

multani
09-26-2006, 11:53 PM
hello every one

:naughty: :angry: :frusty: this my first post

hello

:ermm: :dry: :ph34r: :naughty: :lol: :O
hello

Colt Seevers
09-27-2006, 01:13 AM
hello every one

Hello :)

jithgr
09-27-2006, 01:58 PM
thanxx 4 d info

goljan
09-28-2006, 04:57 PM
I love to have invite but since i have to wait i will try to know this forum more and try to make some freinds :)

note : my first post

prolific
09-29-2006, 03:23 AM
Hello people, prolific here! I hope everbody is doing alright!

goljan
09-29-2006, 04:16 AM
its hard to wait but we have to wait :((

x_stix
09-29-2006, 11:10 AM
hello everyone! nice to be into this community...i hope to have great time and stuff :P c ya all :D

JUNKIEXL
09-29-2006, 12:00 PM
30 Days Will Definitely Be Worth The Wait!!!

hbeezer
09-29-2006, 07:42 PM
i will be 30 days older :)

pECi
09-29-2006, 10:02 PM
users who will contribute to the community later on won't spam their way through the 5 posts...only invite beggars and scammers will do that

oTToTTo
09-30-2006, 08:01 AM
Very nice forum ty for administrators..

dandanoorosan
09-30-2006, 08:07 PM
Nice site hope i find something interesting

peat moss
09-30-2006, 11:08 PM
Very nice forum ty for administrators..

Ah fuck them , all they do is stifle our creativity . :D

partino
10-01-2006, 08:00 AM
can't wait to be a full member of this forum. it's hard for me to post often, 'cause I'm in the civil service and don't have enough free time left. I didn't really see my family as I used to. But nevermind its all over next year in may.

P.S.: By full member I mean witch access to the invite section. :-)

airick421
10-01-2006, 11:24 PM
hi, hello. be gentle please my first time:lol:

ahmedbakeer
10-02-2006, 12:56 AM
thank you for this

photikori
10-02-2006, 03:37 AM
its kinda hard to get 5 posts if the only section i am limited to is the new member page? if its not, then i'll keep having a look around

RealitY
10-02-2006, 04:48 AM
its kinda hard to get 5 posts if the only section i am limited to is the new member page? if its not, then i'll keep having a look around
You can post anywhere on the forum as lomg as its not spam...

kinjo
10-02-2006, 06:12 PM
hey ,
this is my first post ....dont understand why new members cant read the post present in the invite section.....:frusty:

maxpower76
10-02-2006, 10:15 PM
thanks for the info :D

RealitY
10-03-2006, 03:51 AM
hey ,
this is my first post ....dont understand why new members cant read the post present in the invite section.....:frusty:
When they were able to they would message those with invites...

Colt Seevers
10-03-2006, 08:10 AM
hey ,

ARGH!

chewbs
10-04-2006, 10:44 PM
My second post... 3 more to go... this site looks very useful.. glad to be a member..

shaggy1627
10-05-2006, 11:09 AM
i agree but it will be worth the wait as i have to do 5 post to.lol

kraftx
10-05-2006, 04:06 PM
O.K. I have one post on the board and realized I need to post 5 messages. I am looking forward to viewing the invite section as it is very difficult to get an invite to Learnbits.
Kraftx

ramamoorthi21
10-06-2006, 12:59 PM
thank i do...

omgwirjo
10-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Well, it's for the good of the community, I guess. You wouldn't want leechers asking for bittorent invites.

fredrikk89
10-07-2006, 11:18 AM
I like the cokie

aussienaterror
10-07-2006, 04:03 PM
ok i have over 5 posts and have been a member for over 31 days but i am still denied access to the invites section can you please explain

tesco
10-07-2006, 04:06 PM
ok i have over 5 posts and have been a member for over 31 days but i am still denied access to the invites section can you please explainno you've been a member for 28 days.:frusty:

aussienaterror
10-07-2006, 04:16 PM
oohhh ok rossco i will give you that one but it is midnight here so i should get away with that one but it is now 29 by my calculations and how many do i need 30-31or 28 if so iiimmmmm iinnnnnnnnnnnn

togusahideo
10-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Hi everyone! i know i haven't been a user for very long however i need some help. i just d/l ed monster hunter 2 from bit torrent and i need to make some game cd's dvd's with the data, seeing as how i deal with the other side of the pc industry i.e. hardware mostly, i am not well versed in the arts of file conversion if anyone has any info please help, it would be GREATLY appreciated!

thank you!

harminoff
10-07-2006, 07:39 PM
heh yeah I didn't know why I couldn't get in there. thanks for this.

famous45
10-08-2006, 05:45 AM
Thanks for the info, never noticed this before.

a2thedeep
10-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Alright then lets post away.. I've got plenty of invites to trade.. and a few that i really wanna get..

maxpower76
10-08-2006, 10:59 PM
my 3rd post, 2 more days to go :)

armand

maxpower76
10-08-2006, 11:02 PM
wow :) its being a month already, will this is my fifth post

armand

bxdynamo
10-08-2006, 11:59 PM
I am on the same boat....i need an invite.........my account was disabled due to inactivity. I am finally done with my masters, so i can finally get back to bitme.org
Waiting 30 days is better than not having access to the site........thank you

JesseBjesse
10-09-2006, 12:53 AM
My second post! It's very disturbing to wait so long.. but thats life, seeyaa!

:frusty:

aussienaterror
10-09-2006, 08:24 AM
hey i made it my time is up thats 30 days and at least 5 posts will someone please unlock the door so i can come in thank you

chewbs
10-09-2006, 09:13 AM
LOL.. Looks like were all on here waiting to get into the invites area. Its hard to find a good site for tv and i am hoping i can find one for biteme.

Good luck searching all.

vinniem
10-09-2006, 11:28 AM
i'm new

hi all!

aussienaterror
10-09-2006, 01:13 PM
ok so i have been here a month and have more than 5 posts but i still cannot enter the invite section now come on waiting a month is long enough so why am i still unable to get invites

eran
10-09-2006, 01:32 PM
O.K I will wait

pnshr
10-21-2006, 10:40 AM
its so deficult than it should be we are memmbers in your site

mr admins make it easy for us plz

i passed the month i think but im waiting

JamesBlunt
10-21-2006, 07:13 PM
ok i can deal with it cheers buddy

MCHeshPants420
10-21-2006, 08:02 PM

:lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/Withcheese/5post.jpg

Snee
10-21-2006, 10:03 PM

So, care to explain what YOU think is wrong? And then we can go from there.

susannathom
10-22-2006, 06:44 AM
Any suggestions on new top-notch private tracker sites? I already am on Bitme.org, gfxnews.ru, torrentleech and OiNK. I like these a lot and am mostly into GFX, apps, lossless music, stock photos. What else should I be looking at? Thanks!

Also, is torrentbytes worth the hassle of trying so hard? How about filelist? Seems ridiculous to have to spend so much effort to join, what with no invites and no donate option. Would appreciate solid advice from those who've been on these sites and know them well.

And speaking of USELESS private sites.... AVOID templateshares.org. It's a real greed-based site, they hound you for $$donates, make you click on banner ads before they give you the D/L link, and on top of that, they don't have a decent selection of TM's.....

hdooga
10-22-2006, 07:33 AM
And speaking of USELESS private sites.... AVOID templateshares.org. It's a real greed-based site, they hound you for $$donates, make you click on banner ads before they give you the D/L link, and on top of that, they don't have a decent selection of TM's.....maybe because bandwidth aint free?

mohammed55
10-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Good, im waithing for it

SERVERNET
10-22-2006, 11:40 AM
1 month !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

audiofil
10-22-2006, 12:54 PM
WoW what a rules :) This is my 3 post but i write 5 and more post and ill be waiting this month.Worth....

FFh
10-22-2006, 05:12 PM
w8ing time is fair, otherwise there'd be a lot of spammers.

MrGadget
10-22-2006, 08:33 PM
hi!
I can only to agree with that, although waiting a full month... :P
oh well, i'll just have to wait then!
cheers!:cool:

Chewie
10-22-2006, 09:43 PM
"w8ing"?
The character limit on posts to this forum isn't the same as your nokia/razr/k800i so you can use proper words, ok?

manker
10-22-2006, 10:19 PM
"w8ing"?
The character limit on posts to this forum isn't the same as your nokia/razr/k800i so you can use proper words, ok?
You're such a pendant.

It so happens that some people like to use abbreviations - or more correctly, contractions - not because they're stupid but simply because they like to use them.

For instance, I like to use 'duno' instead of 'don't know' and I've noticed your own penchant for 'lol'.

I think you should bear this in mind prior to your next post, ok?

Snee
10-22-2006, 10:32 PM
:blink:

just :blink:

sledhead1
10-23-2006, 04:52 AM
New to the site time to start posting

manker
10-23-2006, 09:55 AM
:blink:

just :blink::D :D

Barbarossa
10-23-2006, 09:57 AM
New to the site time to start posting

Yes, 3 years is time enough to be thinking about it :blink:

RealitY
10-23-2006, 04:36 PM
http://members.iglou.com/jrbarnes/dtracy.jpg

Golom
10-23-2006, 05:47 PM
ok, i think this is my 5th post in this forum.
and now i want to go to the invite section with my terrible english:w00t:

RealitY
10-23-2006, 07:16 PM
ok, i think this is my 5th post in this forum.
and now i want to go to the invite section with my terrible english:w00t:

JesseBjesse
10-24-2006, 12:22 AM
I want the days to go faster so i can use the invites section :)

Oyazi
10-24-2006, 09:07 AM
i see the system ... i have no problem with it. but i still think that 30 days is too long :(

hcck
10-24-2006, 09:33 AM
can anyone plzz help me. im looking for another site like oink but all registrations r close plz message me some music which registration is open.

nekster
10-24-2006, 09:34 AM
ok i got it thanks. but what kind of post is valid?

i'll check out the forum for more info. thanks agian

StevenVD
10-24-2006, 12:51 PM
It's a really nice section everyone, it's woth the wait :)

omgwirjo
10-25-2006, 12:25 AM
Agreed. Halfway there now.