PDA

View Full Version : Need help (have vectoral seedbox)

stoma
03-21-2007, 11:31 PM
I bought a dedicated server from www.vectoral.info (http://www.vectoral.info)):
* Pentium IV 2.4 GHZ
* 512MB DDR-RAM
* 40GB IDE-HDD
* 2500GB bandwidth

i got the details to access the server ..what happened is that i couldnt access the server ?

i got this messege :
http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=serverxi8.jpg

Im using windows xp and the server os is linux ..is that the problem?

plz need someone help me to save this problem ..thanx

QstorM
03-21-2007, 11:42 PM
I believe RDC only works on Window OS. U can log into Linux using a program named PuTTY.

stoma
03-21-2007, 11:50 PM
I believe RDC only works on Window OS. U can log into Linux using a program named PuTTY.
thats why i couldnt log into the server ..

thanx man..but how can i get this prog.(putty)?

QstorM
03-21-2007, 11:56 PM
google search putty

tintin123
03-21-2007, 11:57 PM
i woulda just paid the extra 15 for windows. saves the hassles

Yagami
03-22-2007, 04:03 AM
yeah get windows, it's $20 there. Also they can wave the $20/month for $160 one time fee.

stoma
03-22-2007, 09:56 AM
if i ordered linux already ..can i change it now to windows?

ten elite brains
03-22-2007, 09:59 AM
Isn't that a question you should be asking the vectoral support?

Buggyme
03-22-2007, 10:07 AM
uTorrent in Linux is just as good as in Windows.

r77
03-22-2007, 10:38 AM
if i ordered linux already ..can i change it now to windows?
yes if u pay for windows license

ten elite brains
03-22-2007, 10:39 AM
...plus you can use the WebUI so no real need for a remote conection.

Oh and you will need WINE (http://www.winehq.com/) to run uTorrent under Linux

stoma
03-22-2007, 01:21 PM
...plus you can use the WebUI so no real need for a remote conection.

Oh and you will need WINE (http://www.winehq.com/) to run uTorrent under Linux
great info thanx

taba
03-22-2007, 07:39 PM
cong m8:)
am very happy 4 u
hope u can use it soon

and give me some heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp:whistling

gamer4eva
03-22-2007, 08:14 PM
If you find that to be a hassle i am sure the vectoral staff would be glad to upgrade you to windows. I find windows servers to be better personally.

Ratzy Rox
03-22-2007, 08:30 PM
You dont need to go spending even more money on windows... Whatever linux distro you have will have a greater uptime than a windows one. Your problem is that you havent researched how to use your server before you bought it.

It seems pretty obvious that a remote deskop app bundled with XP wouldnt work with linux. Search on google for a guide to using putty in order to get your connection working. You could try using FreeNX or TightVNC if you dont want to learn to use putty although neither of these will work if your server provider hasnt installed them on your server.

Just go ahead and learn to use putty, im sure theres hundreds of guides out there.

As for a torrent client theres no need to go using WINE and utorrent, you can use a torrent app designed for linux such as rtorrent or if you wanna be boring just use azereus which supports both linux and windows.

tintin123
03-23-2007, 12:48 AM
You dont need to go spending even more money on windows... Whatever linux distro you have will have a greater uptime than a windows one. Your problem is that you havent researched how to use your server before you bought it.

It seems pretty obvious that a remote deskop app bundled with XP wouldnt work with linux. Search on google for a guide to using putty in order to get your connection working. You could try using FreeNX or TightVNC if you dont want to learn to use putty although neither of these will work if your server provider hasnt installed them on your server.

Just go ahead and learn to use putty, im sure theres hundreds of guides out there.

As for a torrent client theres no need to go using WINE and utorrent, you can use a torrent app designed for linux such as rtorrent or if you wanna be boring just use azereus which supports both linux and windows.

just too much hassle. why have to learn all that? researching guides and what not. pay 15.00 and use what you're used to (windows). i have no problem with up time. been a month since i restarted any windows i have.

stoma
03-23-2007, 02:50 PM
problem has been solved ..there is a great guy helped me ..thank u..

and by the way this seedbox is great ...i recommend it .

Paint
03-23-2007, 08:52 PM
problem has been solved ..there is a great guy helped me ..thank u..

and by the way this seedbox is great ...i recommend it .

where did you get it from?

amaso20005
03-23-2007, 09:22 PM
i hope you solved it