PDA

View Full Version : Oh to be Unencumbered by Intellect or Imagination.

manker
03-22-2007, 01:09 PM
These people seem really contented with their lot.

I won't embarrass anyone by singling them out or mentioning names but Skizo, for example, seems thoroughly happy with his lot as king of the counting 'tards because he's blissfully devoid of any aspirations pertaining to adroit conversational exchanges.

Maybe this translates :earl:

I think we can all agree that to be a successful, intelligent, imaginative individual would be ideal -- but perhaps, failing that, being stupid and fulfilling what little potential you have would make a person happier than being an intelligent under-achiever.

I am undecided as to whether it would.

Alien5
03-22-2007, 01:19 PM

:lol: i wont mention any names but skizo? :ermm: :D jk,i think ive got a brain but i dont use it as often as i should, and im sensitive to cawfee, so im liable to turn into a glue sniffer when provoked by barbarossa or in an argumentive mood. :shifty:

Chip Monk
03-22-2007, 01:23 PM
manker just did a precis of Flowers for Algernon. It was really rather good.

Chip Monk
Is that the one I'm thinking of.

Chip Monk
Yeah, pretty sure it is.

thewizeard
03-22-2007, 01:26 PM

I won't embarrass anyone by singling them out or mentioning names but Skizo, for example, seems thoroughly happy with his lot as king of the counting 'tards because he's blissfully devoid of any aspirations pertaining to adroit conversational exchanges.

I think we can all agree that to be a successful, intelligent, imaginative individual would be ideal -- but perhaps, failing that, being stupid and fulfilling what little potential you have would make a person happier than being an intelligent under-achiever.

..phew :cry: Thanks manker :)

manker
03-22-2007, 01:30 PM
manker just did a precis of Flowers for Algernon. It was really rather good.
Cheers :thumbsup:

Barbarossa
03-22-2007, 01:30 PM
In other words, is the following true:-

Stupid + :happy: > Clever + :emo:

Cheese
03-22-2007, 01:34 PM
http://www.arthurmag.com/magpie/images/Idiocracy_movie_poster.jpg

Mr. Mulder
03-22-2007, 01:36 PM

i agree with your large words, the ones i don't know the meanings of in particular :smilie4:

Alien5
03-22-2007, 01:37 PM
http://www.arthurmag.com/magpie/images/Idiocracy_movie_poster.jpg

mulder after his 10th burger this week.

manker
03-22-2007, 01:39 PM
In other words, is the following true:-

Stupid + :happy: > Clever + :emo:
I think I'd rather be The than be Skizo.

Edit: maybe I've taken it too far, there, by citing Dave as an example :dabs:

Barbarossa
03-22-2007, 01:41 PM
What if The lived in Canaidia and Skizo lived in Merthyr Tydfil (sp) :blink:

Alien5
03-22-2007, 01:41 PM
ok Dave ;)

manker
03-22-2007, 01:49 PM
What if The lived in Canaidia and Skizo lived in Merthyr Tydfil (sp) :blink:
Yeah ... still Dave. That was a bad example.

Merthyr. No-one ever goes to Merthyr :pinch:

That's where we send all the 'tards and mentals so they don't fuck up the gene pool.

Barbarossa
03-22-2007, 01:51 PM
:lol: i wont mention any names but skizo? :ermm: :D jk,i think ive got a brain but i dont use it as often as i should, and im sensitive to cawfee, so im liable to turn into a glue sniffer when provoked by barbarossa or in an argumentive mood. :shifty:

You're pretty infuriating, because you do have the capability to post intelligent and witty stuff, but most of the time you deliberately act like a cretin out of choice. :dabs:

NB. Post any reply you want to make before reading the following spoiler.

I bet you write something stupid and inane in response to this

Alien5
03-22-2007, 01:56 PM
i do choose to argue with you because it makes me laugh mostly. its fun... and you're a spunk faced bollock breath cunt. :happy: :lol: :P