PDA

View Full Version : Movies That Changed The Way You Look At Things

zhelynd
05-30-2003, 03:54 AM
Sometimes, movies are not just entertainment, it's also magic.

We dont call a movie a "digital product" or "hi-tech product" because a movies is not just a reel of pictures to entertain us, it has a much powerful meaning, it's an important part of our culture and therefore we generally catagorized it as a "cultural product"

A good movie sometimes have the ability to alter and influence people's value, judgement, morality, opinion, and even lifestyle. I am sure all of us have at least one of our very own movie that not only touched our heart, but also forever changed the way we think.

For me, persoanlly, are Forrest Gump, Saving Private Ryan and South Park - Bigger Longer & Uncut, and what is(are) yours?

SuperMarioMario83
05-30-2003, 05:03 AM
I can't think of any movies that have "changed my life", but I think The Shawshank Redemption was one of the best movies ever made!

Pitbul
05-30-2003, 05:29 AM
i've had movies change the way i think and look at things. M Knight Shamalan has a way of doing that like with the 6Th Sense and Unbreakable also deffinitly Sign's. im trying to think of a movie that changed my life in someway...i gues the movie Empire kinda did. when he says "Had I Known What I Do Now" meaning when someone gives u good advice dont put off listening to it use it to ur full advantage. it also told me that soemtimes its better to have a Almost enough but not to much then to have More then need or nuthing at all.

*EDIT* in order to understand that movie how i did u would have had to grow up in a neighboorhood like his and see the world like he did. also ask urself what if it happened to u pretend ur gona die this week but u dont know exactly when?

thegroggman
05-30-2003, 05:42 AM
Gonna have to say Unbreakable. One of fav. movies ever...it helped me understand that in life everyone has their place.

Rollin_On_Dubs420
05-30-2003, 05:44 AM
Id say 'The Truman Show' really made me think
not like looking for cameras or anything but....ya

Ad
05-30-2003, 05:58 AM
dunno hard to think about

Pitbul
05-30-2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by thegroggman@29 May 2003 - 22:42
Gonna have to say Unbreakable. One of fav. movies ever...it helped me understand that in life everyone has their place.
i agree with u also. it makes u appreciate that if u already know who u r. and that some ppl would go to great length;s just to know. Sam L did great also in that movie.

Rip The Jacker
05-30-2003, 06:36 AM
Shindler's List.

I'm not Jewish, but this movie showed me the tragic things Jewish people had to go through.

crazy_billy_bats
05-30-2003, 07:46 AM
I personally thought Unbreakable was a complete load of shit.

Schindlers list was the first very moving film i have seen. Excellent.
Also Saving Private Ryan

chrhein
05-30-2003, 08:38 AM
When i saw "sex Nurse" with Jenna Jemeson, it completely changed my look on sex

crazy_billy_bats
05-30-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by chrhein@30 May 2003 - 08:38
When i saw "sex Nurse" with Jenna Jemeson, it completely changed my look on sex
really in what way?
that her bliff is as wide as a bus after how many guys that slut has fukd?

Goldwheelz
05-30-2003, 09:10 AM
Schindler's List, it truly showed the horrors of persecution! :angry:

La[bRat]
05-30-2003, 09:27 AM
Exisenz and Equilibrium made me think a lot but they're not even on the same scale as schindler's list...

[)arkredemption
05-30-2003, 11:25 AM
Schindler's List is the most moving film I've ever seen and although many people don't think of it for this The Matrix and the philosophy it presented was definitely very thought provoking. I don't think any film has greatly changed my life however.

Manny Calavera
05-30-2003, 02:27 PM
Yeah, Jaws. I first saw it when i was about 6 and it shit the life out of me. Ive been fascinated by Marine life ever since.

Schlindlers list was very sad.

One flew over the cuckoos nest was intense as well. Read the book and change your life.

Manny Calavera
05-30-2003, 02:33 PM
Double post sorry :rolleyes:

Ad
05-30-2003, 02:43 PM
well i remember once I was at school about 16 years old i think I was walking around all day everyone looking down at me staring at me laughing there heads off whispering to each other then in class there was this note being pasted around the whole classroom and lots of laughing and gigkeing finally that note reach me and it said hey your flis undone"

also I remember wearing an odd wrong pari of shoes once one black and one white when i was on holidays and i had to buy some new shoes coz it was the only pair I had with me

crazy_billy_bats
05-30-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by adthomp@30 May 2003 - 14:43
well i remember once I was at school about 16 years old i think I was walking around all day everyone looking down at me staring at me laughing there heads off whispering to each other then in class there was this note being pasted around the whole classroom and lots of laughing and gigkeing finally that note reach me and it said hey your flis undone"

also I remember wearing an odd wrong pari of shoes once one black and one white when i was on holidays and i had to buy some new shoes coz it was the only pair I had with me
hey isnt this about movies?

stillwater
05-30-2003, 02:56 PM
i think u gain a bit from watchin almost evry movie
movies like unbrealable r certainly there that make a big impact
da movie dats given me a big mssg is this one which most u ppl aint herd bout

Bend It Like Bekham

basically the message it gives is

bend the rules....dont break em

its kinda a neat one i think

crazy_billy_bats
05-30-2003, 03:01 PM
"Bend it like Beckham" is perhaps the worst movie ever produced.

i think you mean unbreakable. this was also laughable. utter awfulness.

EDIT:
I never even watched Bend it like Beckham, but anyone in his right mind (and in the UK) knows its a piece of shit.

Unbreakable....how can people like that crap???!!!! :lol:

Manny Calavera
05-30-2003, 03:07 PM
Hollywood produces some fantastic movies but the majority are utter shit, same story/plot, different setting.

Unbreakable??? Unwatchable more like. :geek:

crazy_billy_bats
05-30-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Manny Calavera@30 May 2003 - 15:07
Unbreakable??? Unwatchable more like. :geek:
amen brother!

Manny Calavera
05-30-2003, 03:09 PM
Oh and adthomp wants to lay off the Duff

stillwater
05-30-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats@30 May 2003 - 15:01
"Bend it like Beckham" is perhaps the worst movie ever produced.

i think you mean unbreakable. this was also laughable. utter awfulness.

EDIT:
I never even watched Bend it like Beckham, but anyone in his right mind (and in the UK) knows its a piece of shit.

Unbreakable....how can people like that crap???!!!! :lol:
well firstly this thread aint about da best movies....
its more about the messgs da movies carry
and bend it like bekham has a damn good mssg to it
2ndly u f*kin wudn get da movie....if ur dun noe shit bout da outside world...
to really appreciate the movie u gotta be indian...
n even if ur not ...with an open mind ...its a movie worth watchin bcoz of da humor

crazy_billy_bats
05-30-2003, 03:19 PM
im sorry, i just dont agree at all.
the movie was widely panned by normal people and the experts, its horrible.

but ok, whatever message it has, ok, i see....but im sure it didnt change anyones view or shit....just that beckhams a twat

Manny Calavera
05-30-2003, 03:27 PM
Beckham is a twat but a good role model for kids

I think the real question is is he a good footballer and the answer is NO! :lol:

stillwater
05-30-2003, 03:36 PM
daz true ..... bekham is jus a soccer player whoz been totally hyped up by da media, he isnt anywhere near the best soccer players
but wudn hurt to be in his shoes :P

ShareDaddy
05-30-2003, 03:41 PM
Defending Your Life starring Albert Brooks and Meryl Streep made me examine my life as well as think twice about every decision since, if and only when possible of course.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000056WRG.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

And I guess certain movies help make each of us who we end up becoming, most likely more of a subconscious transfusion of ideas and thoughts, however I am a believer that everything we do and see during our lives builds us, adds to us, in a small way.

Manny Calavera
05-30-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by mysteryboi@30 May 2003 - 15:36
daz true ..... bekham is jus a soccer player whoz been totally hyped up by da media, he isnt anywhere near the best soccer players
but wudn hurt to be in his shoes :P
What be married to a spotty bitch who takes it up the arse? :lol:

crazy_billy_bats
05-30-2003, 05:56 PM
ok i am also adament that posh is an ugly bitch....anyway, back on topic... :lol:

Anyone seen Life is beautiful, amazing film, extremly touching, by Roberto Benigni, its in Italian,set in WWII, in Italy, funnily enough :D

cyrus777
05-30-2003, 06:51 PM
movies that chage ur way and tought of life are;

TRAINSPOTTING

AND

REQUIM FOR A DREAM

i'm sure when u see them u think the same about life as i do now

crazy_billy_bats
05-30-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by cyrus777@30 May 2003 - 18:51
movies that chage ur way and tought of life are;

TRAINSPOTTING

AND

REQUIM FOR A DREAM

i'm sure when u see them u think the same about life as i do now
what?

dont do drugs?
:D

Crackedup
05-30-2003, 07:22 PM
Any 3D films - they definitely change the way you look at things! :rolleyes:

thegroggman
05-30-2003, 07:57 PM
Anyone seen Life is beautiful, amazing film, extremly touching, by Roberto Benigni, its in Italian,set in WWII, in Italy, funnily enough Yeah I saw it, been quite a few years though, it was a really touching film...but I dont think it really changed how I looked at things...

crazy_billy_bats
05-30-2003, 07:59 PM
didnt change your view on horrors and realities of war grogger's?

thegroggman
05-30-2003, 08:05 PM
Nope, I grew up In a military family...where my grandfather, greatuncle, and one of my uncles were all killed in war. My great-uncle actually died on the beach during D-Day. So I didnt need a movie to teach me the horrors of war. I can see how it would help otheres understand though. And I espechially like war films that take place in the perspective of an inncocent bystander. Life is Beautiful, The Pianist, and Schindlers List were all wonderful films.

crazy_billy_bats
05-30-2003, 08:16 PM
Yeah a lot of people have been affected by it in their own personal ways...
havnt seen pianist yet, have to get myself it.

what about walkens performance in deer hunter?i think it teaches a lot as to how fucked up shit like that can make you

thegroggman
05-30-2003, 08:24 PM
Yup...The Deer Hunter, Apocalypse Now, and even Platoon were all great films showing the destructive power of war...even when it didnt kill you.

FuzzyNutz
05-30-2003, 08:33 PM
Hey this is my first post. I would definately say that "Dawn of the Dead" was probably the movie that scared the living beejusus out of me, and not because of the zombies involved, but rather the PEOPLE in the movie were more violent than the monsters.... showing me that PEOPLE are the most monstrous thing there are... You have to watch this movie. One of the scariest/through-provoking movies of all time. Definately better than this Scream and H20/Resurrection CRAP coming out nowadays.

crazy_billy_bats
05-30-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by FuzzyNutz@30 May 2003 - 20:33
One of the scariest/through-provoking movies of all time. Definately better than this Scream and H20/Resurrection CRAP coming out nowadays.
was indeed a scary one.
a bit of a hint of the ridiculousness to it tho, but well, what d'ya expect from a zombie flick? still cool tho.
agree totally, hate all that H20 shit, scream and all that bullshit, they are jokes.

CharlieManson
05-30-2003, 08:50 PM
"Donnie Darko"-ok not gonna say "best film ever made" but seriously after watching it for the second time round, it just boggled me into thinking for example like a dream: "The more substantiality you grasp at, the less you end up holding in your hand." And also never look at rabbits again in the same way and never trust a guy called "Frank" again :lol: .

And also "Bowling For Columbine"-Showed how with guns, people think they are the shit. It completely turned my viewpoint of guns, and how destructive they are. Would like to see them completely gone(but aint gonna happen).

FuzzyNutz
05-30-2003, 09:01 PM
Agreed, I loved Donnie Darko.... kinda surprising that Drew Barrymore was actually in a good movie (besides ET...)

GeeZa
05-30-2003, 09:04 PM
Life is Beautiful, Amazing movie, thought it was a nice touch
the little boy getting his tank at the end. Really pulls the old
heart strings.

Z
05-31-2003, 01:25 AM
ok i wouldnt say these are really life changing, but John Q and Training Day were terrific movies. kinda opens your eyes to people of different status in america.