PDA

View Full Version : S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is good yet bad

Ecca
03-25-2007, 01:51 AM
Voice your opinion of Stalker.

I think the guns are too realistic, I shoot a dog 40 times in the head and it doesn't die (sarcasm) but seriously the hand gun is so crappy!

silent h3ro
03-25-2007, 02:27 AM
Stalker needs a new patch that fixes all most of the bugs then I would enjoy it more.

whiteboy
03-25-2007, 04:11 AM
Kind of a let down:(

SirGray
03-25-2007, 05:47 AM
Well, you can always find better guns, also aim for the head, I kill everything in 1 shot

MCHeshPants420
03-25-2007, 08:30 AM
Good game but rough around the edges, makes me wonde wtf thet wee doing for six years...

The AI and atmosphere are some of the best ever in a video game imo.

GepperRankins
03-25-2007, 03:10 PM
apart from the bugs in the PDA and GSC taking the vehicles out, it rawks the mostest

Mtv
03-25-2007, 03:34 PM
one of the worst games i have ever played, didnt enjoy playing it, too much dialogs and crappy talking, buggy, game feels too heavy in open areas..

Busyman™
03-26-2007, 12:06 AM
It was a huge fucking disappointment. I would have been more disapponted but I had seen some gameplay screens before the game came out and thought to myself, "Self, the game looks a little more shitty graphically than I had originally thought. Self is disappointed"

It wasn't Daikatana disapponting but it was disappointing nonetheless...what a disappointment.

JunelBT
03-26-2007, 04:35 AM
Haven't really played it much yet.

But it needs a patch for sure.

Have to disable dynamic lighting for the game to work right on my 8800GTS.

MCHeshPants420
03-26-2007, 08:15 AM
I completed it last night, I'll wait until a patch and some decent mods come out before I go back. Still, that was the best FPS game I've played for a long time.

nvidia6800
03-26-2007, 12:53 PM
i dont play it yet but seem good for me

maxrebo
03-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Quite fun, especially if you've seen the movie or read the book that it is sort of based on.

Agreed though, the bugs are pretty painful, the guns are overly realistic, and its not well optimised, so you need a pretty hefty video card to run it well.

Colt Seevers
03-26-2007, 07:20 PM
I completed it last night, I'll wait until a patch and some decent mods come out before I go back. Still, that was the best FPS game I've played for a long time.

I agree, imho it's a great FPS - it oozes atmosphere, and any game that has weird Russian zombies that carry guns in it is always cool in ma book... boom! Headshot!! :wacko:

I would say it kinda reminded me of Oblivion in it's (semi) free form approach....ok like Oblivion Chuck Norris stylee, maybe? :lol: I've just wandered off into the wild doing side missions and gonna follow the main story line later I like games that let you do that kind of stuff, if you're so inclined.

The arsenal of guns available seems mighty impressive, the SA-80 look-a-like is especially good for those aforementioned Zombie muthas....If I do have a problem it would be with the inventory and the amount you can carry, although it's seems pretty real, it also is a pain in the arse at times... when you pick a bandage up and in doing so root yourself to the spot cos yer too fat to walk, always nice when surround by packs of wild dogs and crazed mutants.

Maybe something like having your own stashes or a base camp and have some where to keep all my ill gotten gains, and not having to decide to drop most of my already sparse rations in the wilderness so I can lug back the new silenced AK-47 I just gimped off one of my stalker buddies...I'd like to keep all my nice shiny guns and be able to pick and choose which one for specific missions. But that's just me i'm a hoarder! :shutup:

I'm currently dossing around the 100 Rads bar area... trying to decide which faction to side with, but they all seem so nice sitting round the camp fire singing their wee songs... :mellow: Cheer up chum have some vodka! ;)

Also I'm sorry to hear the game has been released and many are having problems/bugs, but again only from my own experience, the game has been relatively bug free, for me.. :whistling Runs sweet as a nut on my modest system, occassianal sound stutters but to be honest that's all I can think of that's been mildly annoying. Hopefully nothing a wee patch wont sort out... I hope. :ph34r:

Anyway my brain is fried, back into the zone... :noes:

Cheese
03-26-2007, 07:52 PM
It's a triumph of good gameplay in my opinion, who gives a feck if the graphics are a bit dated? What it lacks in Oblivion-esque lushness it makes up for by being immersive, scary and downright unique. Alongside this you have an intelligent AI world existing around you (this, btw, is what games companies should be working on in there games, not trying to make hair look realistic or create fancy water effects (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioshock#Engine)). Hopefully a patch will sort the graphical glitches out and a few other problems (more sniper ammo would be nice...).

There are features missing that we were promised 4 years ago (or more...) which is disappointing. But I'm more than happy with the game we got, when the SDK comes out this game is just going to get better.

Busyman™
03-26-2007, 08:33 PM
It's a triumph of good gameplay in my opinion, who gives a feck if the graphics are a bit dated? What it lacks in Oblivion-esque lushness it makes up for by being immersive, scary and downright unique. Alongside this you have an intelligent AI world existing around you (this, btw, is what games companies should be working on in there games, not trying to make hair look realistic or create fancy water effects (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioshock#Engine)). Hopefully a patch will sort the graphical glitches out and a few other problems (more sniper ammo would be nice...).

There are features missing that we were promised 4 years ago (or more...) which is disappointing. But I'm more than happy with the game we got, when the SDK comes out this game is just going to get better.

Well I give a fuck, frankly. :dabs: You are right that the game has great atmosphere but after all this time, I was hoping for a juggernaut.

Give me the atmosphere and graphics. I shouldn't even call the game a disappointment since I thought (before it came out) that the graphics would kinda suck and it would have great gameplay. Hell, RE4 had both great graphics and gameplay and that was last gen console game.

Cheese
03-26-2007, 08:39 PM

Well I give a fuck, frankly. :dabs: You are right that the game has great atmosphere but after all this time, I was hoping for a juggernaut.

Give me the atmosphere and graphics. I shouldn't even call the game a disappointment since I thought (before it came out) that the graphics would kinda suck and it would have great gameplay. Hell, RE4 had both great graphics and gameplay and that was last gen console game.

I think the graphics are better than RE4, by quite a way tbh. :ermm:

GepperRankins
03-26-2007, 11:51 PM
the atmosphere is there. the graphics seem kinda outdated, but that's probably because half are disabled for me. plus the framerate suffers severely if i max out what i'm allowed to. i'd say considering the technical shit the game has to work on the graphics are good. just the levels are designed to look like an area of the ukraine that's been abandoned for 20 years :dabs:

silent h3ro
03-26-2007, 11:52 PM
The AI and atmosphere are some of the best ever in a video game imo. Yeah, I second that. You really are never safe in this game which is how you should be feeling. I think this game is great aside from the bugs.

Oh and for people have framerate problems, just turn v sync on and it will be a little smoother. I'm running Stalker at 1600x1200 with everything max (except AA which I don't need) and it's pretty smooth.

iNSOMNiA
03-27-2007, 01:03 AM
Stalker had some vehicles like cars, trucks and chopper but the staff decided to delete them from the final version.. what a mistake ! .. i stopped playing this game after few days because it takes hours to travel few miles

sauly
03-27-2007, 02:23 AM
seems ok but took me a while just to get past the first bit

phattie
03-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Bad news, the patch that they released today makes you start the game from the beginning again because the saved games aren't compatible :o

silent h3ro
03-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Damnnnn! :frusty:

Busyman™
03-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Bad news, the patch that they released today makes you start the game from the beginning again because the saved games aren't compatible :o

That fucking sucks!!:angry:

GepperRankins
03-27-2007, 11:06 PM

That fucking sucks!!:angry:
turn the difficulty to easy and just go through the game again in a different way (up to where you were). it's kinda cool to see how the AI changes stuff. if you're into that sort of thing :ermm:

Cheese
03-28-2007, 12:05 AM
The patch only fixes minor bugs anyhow*, there aren't any game breaking bugs to speak of. Just complete the game with your current save and then use the patch for the next go round. If you don't like the game the patch ain't gonna fix that, and if you like the game then the patch can wait. Easy.

*Mostly it's for the multiplayer mode.

Busyman™
03-28-2007, 01:17 AM
The patch only fixes minor bugs anyhow*, there aren't any game breaking bugs to speak of. Just complete the game with your current save and then use the patch for the next go round. If you don't like the game the patch ain't gonna fix that, and if you like the game then the patch can wait. Easy.

*Mostly it's for the multiplayer mode.

Yeah I like it but was just disappointed. For instance, I have high hopes for Bioshock and hope it doesn't let me down (that second demo PC walkthrough was quite good).

I just wanna conquer the game and then move on to multiplayer (that looks fun). I also hate when a game is released a decade late and has bugs.

Oh well.

Sawyer2020
03-28-2007, 02:39 AM
i just delete it from my pc
this game is sucks

Cheese
03-28-2007, 12:50 PM
The one thing that does worry me about this game is the lack of female characters. There are none at all that I have encountered. Where's all the radioactive hookers ffs?

I can only assume that there is a lot of guy-love going on with the NPC characters when I'm not around. And what's with the guitar players? Everyone knows you only learn to play the guitar to get chicks, and there are none...

GepperRankins
03-28-2007, 01:36 PM
i found a guiter in the dark valley. what am i supposed to do with it?

JunelBT
03-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Does the patch fix the dynamic lighting problem?

TorrentMaster9
04-01-2007, 03:49 PM
the game is sh*t

JunelBT
04-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Does the patch fix the dynamic lighting problem?

It does.

silent h3ro
04-03-2007, 12:01 AM
the game is sh*tlol...

emsee
04-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Defenetly not my favorit game

relik
04-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Extra game.

Idanp
04-09-2007, 07:44 AM
sucks

atrat
04-11-2007, 12:53 AM
is this game really that bad...wait everyone's sayin it sukz lol cauz i read reviews it didnt sound that bad. so i guess the worth wasnt worth it?

ahmed_2008
04-11-2007, 03:18 AM
Thx

ChotaZorro
04-11-2007, 08:00 AM
I think STALKER is a good game and blends in RPG elements well with shooter elements. It's a must-get for FPS fans. Graphics are also great if you have a good PC.

roiko
04-13-2007, 05:45 PM
i don't know about you guys
i liked it alot
:))

alk
04-15-2007, 10:17 AM
the game is fine but not really good its not realistic and it has alot of bugs maybe i'll try to complete it when a new patch will be out

silent h3ro
04-16-2007, 12:05 AM
i don't know about you guys
i liked it alot
:))Right on! :D

Ghent
04-17-2007, 07:55 PM
I was very disappointed in it. For all they touted it to be a completely revolutionary non-linear style of game play I still thought that you were often railroaded into plot.

eagle
04-19-2007, 01:29 PM
its a Good game

caricas
04-20-2007, 12:35 AM
I think its one of the best!!

meroo
04-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Kind of a let downhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../images/smilies/sad.gif

SnipeR19
04-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Haven't really played it much yet.

Formula1
04-24-2007, 10:41 PM
a very disappointing game.

The gun getting jammed thing is stupid and awkward.
The character getting tired of walking (after jumping 3 times in the air) and having to wait 10 seconds, is just plain ol' dumb.

I was expecting to play a fun game not a real life simulations. And the graphics.... just shows how lazy the developers really were...

This is why i refuse to buy any pc/video game without playing the retail version first (off course the only time i'll buy it is for the online multiplayer).

opentelcl
04-27-2007, 06:10 PM
thx

the-big-gamer
04-27-2007, 07:59 PM
you can find better gun to use
goodluck

! ANGEL !
04-30-2007, 04:32 PM
bad game

titofat
04-30-2007, 11:09 PM
its a good game

sameer0807
05-01-2007, 04:25 AM
haven't played it, but willing to give it a try...:)