PDA

View Full Version : Why would anybody need anything more than TL

cuchulain78
03-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Torrentleech, Ive been a member of the torrent community for over 2 years now. Im a member of every site you can imagine, believe me I know them all.

It is nearly always up there with pre-times (which I think is stupid anyway, who cares if it takes 10 minutes to get something or 30 minutes). TLs content is 100% and speeds are fcking amazing, I always max out my connection, easy to keep a good ratio also. All releases are scene and you dont have to wade down through tonnes of sh1tty user uploads.

People looking to get onto swedvdr, u**r, sct etc. Dont bother wasting your time, TL is as good as it gets.

riceboi
03-26-2007, 10:21 AM
what if TL get shuts down by the FBI or riaa or mpaa..
theres always room for backups

redMonster
03-26-2007, 10:23 AM
I agree with you. Though I don't have swedvdr, but I think it specializes in DVD-Rs, so you can't compare it with TL. But I think that most 0-day trackers have same content more or less and TL has got good speeds also.

dudave
03-26-2007, 10:24 AM
good point, but i have to agree TL is as good as it get's
when talking about general tracker.

cuchulain78
03-26-2007, 10:41 AM
yes as a general tracker it is the most rounded tracker available and hits all the major spots. specialized trackers as really for non-scene and old releases. dvdr wise, swedvdr doesnt live up to its billing, content is poor and mostly has scandinavian releases, id recommend going to pisexy or thedvdclub. scene releases of new dvdrs, again TL comes up trumps.

saulin
03-26-2007, 10:47 AM
I have to say that TL kicks ass but just now I was looking for Blood in Blood out DVD-R and I had to go through about 10 trackers before I found 1 that has enough seeders to get it in 8 hrs or less. So it's always good to have more than 1 good tracker :)

Some trackers specialized on certain content as well.

Vidde
03-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Well, besides from their pay2leech, which is morally improper, some will say TL is good.. :)

I for once keep my ass of those kinda trackers, sharing is caring; earning money on a tracker is not.

One more thing, ppl are always looking for different content. Does TL have the newest Norwegian/Swedish/Danish movie in XviD and DVDR, seldom old LP-records ripped? CD's in FLAC/lossless or high definition movies? Nah, I doubt it.

I use 4-5 different trackers to cover everything I want :)

Regards
-Vidde

askj
03-26-2007, 11:03 AM
Well, besides from their pay2leech, which is morally improper, some will say TL is good.. :)

SCT is gonna have pay2leech.

Xsensei
03-26-2007, 11:40 AM

I think is called payifyoucantseed (or you dont want to):shifty:

taba
03-26-2007, 12:09 PM
also e learning trackers nothin of that in leech

tv shows is good about series in leech but not compared to bitmetv also bitmetv is much better in other kinds of shows like documentary andnews and wwf

JA
03-26-2007, 12:31 PM

yeh but they need it for the actually server, it doesn't go to someone's pocket. As for TL, im sure some of the donations goes to somebody's big fat pocket.

prisonbreak2
03-26-2007, 12:56 PM
i agree with you

askj
03-26-2007, 12:57 PM
yeh but they need it for the actually server, it doesn't go to someone's pocket. As for TL, im sure some of the donations goes to somebody's big fat pocket.

Thats for sure. Someone lives nice and good :<

STAGUY
03-26-2007, 09:01 PM
TL Kicks ASS

slau
03-26-2007, 09:12 PM
I dont know why can people admit that FTN and ScT is better than TL, TL is a good site but with FTN or ScT u can live without it...
Please stop making threads saying that TL rocks the world, because thats just stupid, TL is good, but its not the best...

STAGUY
03-26-2007, 09:16 PM
I used to be a member @ FTN for some while until i got inactive and my account deleted anyway what i want to say that FTN can't be compared to TL especially to the seeders or the activity, so TL is simply the best

slau
03-26-2007, 09:20 PM
I used to be a member @ FTN for some while until i got inactive and my account deleted anyway what i want to say that FTN can't be compared to TL especially to the seeders or the activity, so TL is simply the best
so if the seeders make a tracker the best, mininova/piratebay/ect, they own?

STAGUY
03-26-2007, 09:25 PM
I didn't mean that, i meant the speeds, i know that FTN got speeds too but not like TL in any way

SCT rocks too i even like it more than TL but still TL is the best of them all ;)

Cheffy
03-26-2007, 09:32 PM
TL is a superb 0-day tracker,
pre time, amount of files, speed both up and down.
But all trackers miss some releases, it might be a tv show you are watching thats not in the top 10 list of the entire world. It might be a limited movie. Or some interesting program.
But if all your needs dont fall under general, but you have a specific taste
like mp3, dvdr, HR HDTV, asian movies or what ever. It might be smart of you to get a tracker that works with just that sort of releases.
Thats at least why i use more than just one tracker.
But you are right TL is under rated, but thats just because so many people have access to it, Its human nature to want to have something not everyone else have, and then rub everyones noses in it. I do believe most of the people here get disappointed when get get access to one of the trackers everyone talk so warmly about. I know i did, It was just a hype because it was so hard to get an access to it. It does not mean its a bad tracker, its just like any other general tracker out there. just a different layout.

STAGUY
03-26-2007, 09:38 PM
I think id2k is right, people always runs after the most unattainable things that others possess, it's after all human nature

Friendly Fire
03-26-2007, 11:54 PM
I dont know why can people admit that FTN and ScT is better than TL, TL is a good site but with FTN or ScT u can live without it...

Isnt the opposite also true? I dont see much in those sites that tl doesnt have. No site is complete, it always misses something. But the aura of perfection around the top (rarity wise) trackers is totally false. Sct and ftn are not that much (if at all) better than tl.

If we didnt have rarity levels, you wouldnt tell a few of the trackers apart. They end up having the same files or close to it. Heck, sct has been upping 10-15 new files a day. Pre-times have been tl level. And seeding is a big pain there. So what makes sct better right now? I think people like to say that sct and ftn are better, because that gives them some sort of elite status feel.

Dr_Green_Thumb
03-27-2007, 04:54 AM
Yes TL is where it is at there is nothing to see at SCT & FTN you dont want these

zumma
03-27-2007, 09:30 AM
TL from the best trackers i joined..u can find everything there

silhouette
03-27-2007, 11:47 AM
I've found it hard getting invites and then TL opened their free sign up scheme. I now have an account which is going well and would be in a position to send invites. I'm indebted to the TL people, it's helped me start out with torrenting.

phattie
03-27-2007, 01:28 PM
yep TL is a great site, i'll drink to the persons that run it tonight :D

tobb3
03-27-2007, 01:30 PM
no one is better than the other it's for me it's more like depended on which account i got first and it wasen't TL but FTN so why should I start using TL like a maniac when I can get the same things on ftn..

r9batista
03-27-2007, 02:27 PM
if you want to have everything(nearly)

jsut take tl, bitmetv, bitme, oink. but some have rare things and somehigh speeds

that's waht differs. and some psot many things not from the 0-day tracker as fsc does these days

bamba12
03-27-2007, 05:25 PM
You'r right...
TL is a wonderful site wich gives you almost everything you need...
The only problam in TL is that it only has new thing...
if i want older movies, games etc... i cant always find them in TL, also TL dont have a lage selection of music.

sert
03-27-2007, 05:38 PM
You'r right...
TL is a wonderful site wich gives you almost everything you need...
The only problam in TL is that it only has new thing...
if i want older movies, games etc... i cant always find them in TL, also TL dont have a lage selection of music.

Exactly, TL is for scene only.

I want to download music, books or old movies, rare apps and so on,
thats why somebody would like something more than TL

finnlugg
03-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Torrentleech, Ive been a member of the torrent community for over 2 years now. Im a member of every site you can imagine, believe me I know them all.

It is nearly always up there with pre-times (which I think is stupid anyway, who cares if it takes 10 minutes to get something or 30 minutes). TLs content is 100% and speeds are fcking amazing, I always max out my connection, easy to keep a good ratio also. All releases are scene and you dont have to wade down through tonnes of sh1tty user uploads.

People looking to get onto swedvdr, u**r, sct etc. Dont bother wasting your time, TL is as good as it gets.

Man i agree to that.....

Sentient
03-27-2007, 09:06 PM
People should have to post their line speed when making comments like TL is no better than ScT. Because it's pretty obvious that someone making that comment does not have a fast enough connection to notice the difference and are passing around their misinformed opinion as fact like an idiot.

digitalism
03-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Is there any exlusive content on TL that can't be found on FTN or SCT?

aburyach
03-28-2007, 01:21 AM
It all depends on your needs- if you just need popular scene files, then TL is probably all you need. If you also need music and pdf's, you may also need OiNK and bitme. Add x264's- HDbits. The list goes on and on...

deuce6000
03-28-2007, 01:35 AM
You could ask this question about a lot of tracker i.e. revtt,ftn,sct, and a bunch more mostly it comes down to the community i think.

Morphy666
03-28-2007, 04:27 AM
more is good

teeniedeenie
03-28-2007, 04:33 AM
BitMeTV is also restricted to invites only making it feel safer because you never just have it "open" to anyone and everyone. I might be in a safe bubble believing this...but so it goes.

digitalism
03-28-2007, 09:03 AM
It all depends on your needs- if you just need popular scene files, then TL is probably all you need. If you also need music and pdf's, you may also need OiNK and bitme. Add x264's- HDbits. The list goes on and on...

Guess my question was a bit vague. I already have trackers to cover most of my needs, music, e-learning, extreme sports, tv, movies, etc..

I've never had an account at TL (or RevTT) and recently alot of people have been raving about their content. So I was just wondering as far as 0-day scene stuff goes is there much you'd miss at places like FTN, SCT, etc.

You could ask this question about a lot of tracker i.e. revtt,ftn,sct, and a bunch more mostly it comes down to the community i think.

You're probably right. I've always enjoyed smaller trackers' communities over larger ones anyways.

DavorSuker
03-30-2007, 12:23 AM
I need to be a member of every single torrentsite that ever existed, am existing, or will be existing in the future....so I am put the names of all those urls in alephbetical order and rememorize in my free time.......

assafush
03-30-2007, 02:17 PM
I think that TL is a great tracker but there are some stuff that other sites got and TL dont like in TL there aren't alot of HD movies like in X264 HDBits etc...

euitwa
03-30-2007, 07:47 PM
TL definitely makes it pretty hard to start out as a new user without paying them off to get rid of those wait times, and they definitely push the donations upon you harder than most other places.

But yes they have a pretty well rounded selection, but even if they get ever so slightly better pre-times, niche places like bitmetv will always have a better selection.

nemesi54
03-30-2007, 08:01 PM
Guys..Guys...

Just download

WHATEVER YOU LIKE FROM WHEREVER YOU LIKE

Everyone has its likes and dislikes...:D

mavg
03-30-2007, 09:53 PM
the best is TL

NA_Magus
03-30-2007, 11:28 PM
TL definitely makes it pretty hard to start out as a new user without paying them off to get rid of those wait times, and they definitely push the donations upon you harder than most other places.

I never paid :/. The restrictions are quite fair, I didn't have anymore restrictions within a week of seeding.

liranbg
03-30-2007, 11:50 PM
well, its true that TL is a hard place to make a new acc there. But its worth anytime being there. a great tracker. of course after uk-t and TB ;-p