PDA

View Full Version : Northern Ireland

Biggles
03-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Paisley and Adams round a table and both smiling!

Who would have thunk it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/07/uk_enl_1174918835/img/1.jpg

Agrajag
03-26-2007, 06:44 PM
I was wondering if it was you or me who was going to post this.

Fantastic news, I just hope the rest of the parties are willing to join in. You can see how they might be a wee bit pissed off right now. However given that they are more moderate by definition, then hopefully they will see the sense.

I think that, at 80, Mr Paisley just realised it was probably his last chance. I have also been told that he was actually a decent constituency MP and believed in fair treatment. Bizarre I know but it was Irish chaps who told me this.

Again, a great step in the right direction. Let's hope they keep moving the same way.

As you say Les, who would have thunk it.

Biggles
03-26-2007, 06:52 PM
It has only taken my teens and all my adult life to see this but none the less welcome for all that. I know the others are bit grumpy about the wait till May but it will soon pass.

I was hopeful of an agreement when Paisley went to see Blair to say "call this a budget you stingy git" - always a sign politicians are actually thinking about getting down to some work that is :)

Agrajag
03-26-2007, 07:17 PM
It shows what can be achieved when people have a will.

Goodness knows what talking had to go on to get these two to sit in the same room, never mind smile when they were doing it.

j2k4
03-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Good deal all 'round.

Here's hoping it sticks. ;)