PDA

View Full Version : Verifieds----for What?

downloader2008
05-30-2003, 09:01 PM
Like someone mentioned before, the Fasttrack Network is going down hill. No one is sharing anymore. Whenever I try and download a file, it always "needs more sources." not to mention that the fasttracknetwork is being flooded with viruses from the music companies as well as other people. pretty soon there is going to be no fast track network!

RealitY
05-30-2003, 11:29 PM
Sorry to say it is true, many holes in the ship, causing the flood.

junkyardking
05-31-2003, 01:33 AM
Yeah i have to agree, i'm on 56k and use to get great speed for things like movie files but now it's going slower, Alot of people have also had the same thing happen to them but no one knows what is causing it.

Fakes are not as much of a problem as i use the verifieds, but the amount of fakes on the network make the search especily when it comes to movies pretty useless.

lunatacs
05-31-2003, 01:55 AM
only reason things going down hill, its because new and better p2p coming out, another ways of sharing becoming better the ones we have now. :rolleyes:

downloader2008
05-31-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by lunatacs@30 May 2003 - 20:55
only reason things going down hill, its because new and better p2p coming out, another ways of sharing becoming better the ones we have now. :rolleyes:
:blink: Like what?

GimpyDoodlyDoo
05-31-2003, 03:05 AM
Yea what! :blink:

RealitY
05-31-2003, 05:06 AM
SHAREAZA, ES5, IRC, NEWS, and many others.

red101
05-31-2003, 04:48 PM
Does shareaza contain any spyware and adware

The Great Dude
05-31-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by REALITY@30 May 2003 - 21:06
SHAREAZA, ES5, IRC, NEWS, and many others.
Emule is popular also because it redownloads any corrupt parts of a file.

Does shareaza contain any spyware and adware
It wouldn't be popular if it had it, now would it?

Battousai 1983
06-01-2003, 09:19 AM
? I still d/l movies with there s2d with no problem. sure some might not always be d/l but it doesnt really matter when your downloading 10 movies at a time. As soon as on is done you watch it then another is usually done... and so on and so on..

^_^x

Amplifier_SFH
06-01-2003, 12:28 PM
I know I hardly ever use k-lite anymore, everytime I need more sources. So I dled the program that automatically searchs for me. then I ran adaware, removed its spyware and It dont wanna run. :angry:

downloader2008
06-01-2003, 05:21 PM
It's come to the sad point where I only use Kazaa to download MP3s. which the selections isnt that big anymore :(

rOBINtheHOod
06-01-2003, 06:03 PM
mIRC isnt a P2P file sharing program. Finding and downloading files can be somewhat difficult and time consuming especially from a file server. mIRC will never replace or be better than P2P filesharing for the layman. Besides, where do you think 75% of the movies on P2P come from? Most movies and software is cracked and served on mIRC and then shared P2P. It is the nature of the beast.

Jibbler
06-01-2003, 06:22 PM
Just keep in mind that the fasttrack network is definitely failing. However, it still has the largest user base of any p2p program. TMD movies and stuff with small file sizes will still propogate in KLite land. Mp3s are still readily available, and our verifieds here are top notch. Too bad most sharers are on 56k. Us broadband users are always looking for faster connections.

To really take advantage of the verifieds, someone needs to create a simple searchable database for hashes. This would make things a bit easier. :)

Movieman420
06-01-2003, 06:32 PM
For the most part, I agree...
Using KaZuperNodes to jump supernodes every couple of hours
seems to help (esp. when U use SpeedUp) gather sources...
It helps somewhat.
For those who haven't, check out
www.fasttrackhelp.com

U can d/l KZN and learn how to use it... Good forums too!

From what little I've read about the new breed of P2P networks they are
gaining in d/l speeds do to the actual network stucture, in that the searches
are able to reach more of the network (maybe even all) via a 'hub' system
of sorts. Most of all, another big advantage is that a file doesn't have to be
complete in order to start sharing it! With the large size of movie files this
translates into a MUCH more efficient (faster) method of file sharing.
If I remember correctly, while d/ling you don't have any choice but to at
least share that file during the d/l.
This is all off the top of my head...lemme find the site I read all this from and
I'll post it here. :unsure:

harrycary
06-01-2003, 06:42 PM
For the record, IRC is Internet Relay Chat and "MiRc" is but one[of many] types of clients to connect to an IRC network and channel.

After logging onto a network and going into a channel(room), you simply request a file from a "bot" which is just a computer serving up files.

Most movies/music/warez are initially released using IRC.

It can be fast once you begin to download(100-150Kbps) but even they are slowing down due to congestion. But, you wil never get a fake file.

Well worth the effort of learning how to use it though.