PDA

View Full Version : Bitcomet on Windows Vista

tru-guru
03-28-2007, 10:09 PM
hi i recently got Windows vista with my new pc and have a 4mb internet connection. on my old computer bitcomet would sometimes hit 400kbs yet now it will not top 50kbs on the new pc on download speeds. all the download have at least 300 uploaders and i cant figure out the problem, any help plz?

tru-guru
03-29-2007, 10:00 AM
guys there has been 26 views and not one reply is there no ideas or help any1 can give plz? if it helps i #am using an adsl2000 binatone router
(as i did on old pc and for last 2yrs) and have bulldog broadband.

raspberry1331
03-29-2007, 10:49 AM
i have no real answer for you, but you can always

A. try utorrent

B. try azureus

C. try setting the number of connections in the OS (don't know how to do that exactly)

tru-guru
03-29-2007, 11:01 AM
the connection one i will try, but does any1 kno how to do that on vista? for instance i was just downloadin somethin with 1500 seeders and it was going at 20kbs....

Timer
03-29-2007, 11:01 AM
Check ports
plus, I agree with raspberry1331 about utorrent or azureus.

JA
03-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Check ports
plus, I agree with raspberry1331 about utorrent or azureus.
Portforward.com
If you want to portforward.

Utorrent also has a checking system that tells you if the ports are forwarded correctly. If thats not the issue, and ports are open, many ISP's in my country (Australia) have not installed the new drivers to make the ISP compatible with the new Vista, which has certainly put me off from upgrading to Vista for a bit ;) Hope i helped...a bit..

Ratzy Rox
03-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Ports on a router wont be affected by a change of OS so its not that, the only thing i can think of is perhaps windows firewall is blocking bitcomet so try disabling it. Bit of a weird problem really....

khartman
03-29-2007, 06:17 PM
use Utorrent

DV8type
03-29-2007, 06:50 PM
probably somekind of firewall system Vista has...im not upgrading for atleast a year, after things get figured out

tru-guru
03-29-2007, 07:08 PM
i have utorrent now, said port was closed or somethin so i go to portforward.com (and the lengthy instructions lol) and come back if anymore problems. thanx

lysine
03-29-2007, 07:39 PM
I've had no problems with utorrent or azureus on vista. just add each of them to the windows firewall exceptions.

tru-guru
03-29-2007, 08:15 PM
i have done that with both and i dont seem to be havin any luck watsoever. this is killin me, 30kbs total download speed on bit comet is absolutely rubbish

X
03-29-2007, 08:21 PM
switch back to windows 2000 ... the most stable version of windows ;)

tru-guru
03-29-2007, 08:32 PM
rite it says i have a NAT problem in azureus, what is that and how easily cant it be fixed? i only just upgraded to vista premium dont wanna jump ship just yet... and if so i go back to xp probably

Chi Pheo
03-29-2007, 08:32 PM
rite it says i have a NAT problem in azureus, what is that and how easily cant it be fixed? i only just upgraded to vista premium dont wanna jump ship just yet... and if so i go back to xp probably

Either you are behind firewall or has portforward problem. Try NAT/Firewall test your port, also try to disable UPnP.

X
03-29-2007, 08:36 PM
NAT means ur ports aren't forwarded properly :) ... if you went through portforward and went to your router to forward the port.. then vista probably has a better firewall then xp . go set the exception to vista. if all this don't work go back to xp .(i suggest 2000)

tru-guru
03-29-2007, 08:42 PM
i tried to do the portforward but dont have the dns server details i have to call the isp first. this isnt goin to well and the only download program hittin over 150 or even 30kbs is limewire. this is crazy

X
03-29-2007, 08:43 PM
... then definitely its the portforwarding... GL

Chi Pheo
03-29-2007, 08:47 PM
What router are you using ? as far as i know you dont need dns server to open your port.

tru-guru
03-29-2007, 10:17 PM
im on a binatone adsl 2000, it came wen i switched over to my isp.... but why would vista require all this hassle wen it worked on xp? but if some1 can help or show me how to get it up and running properly it would be much appreciated

X
03-29-2007, 10:32 PM
wat is the router model number

lysine
03-29-2007, 11:02 PM
i tried to do the portforward but dont have the dns server details i have to call the isp first. this isnt goin to well and the only download program hittin over 150 or even 30kbs is limewire. this is crazy

your bittorrent traffic is likely being throttled by your ISP. portforwarding wouldn't make that big of a difference in speeds.

get utorrent or azureus, and turn on protocol encryption.

edit:

remove the router, and plug the modem directly into the computer. see if it makes any difference in your bittorrent speeds.

if you need the dns server addresses, while you've still got the modem plugged directly in the computer, go to the command prompt and enter:

ipconfig /all

it will give you the addresses there.

tru-guru
03-29-2007, 11:14 PM
so just plug the phone line in directly to the computer? i kno this is strange but i have never quite got my head around the broadband setup, i have one wire from the phone socket going into the "router" this then splits into two, one wire into the pc the other into my bros mac. i am using the usb extension he has the ethernet. but i still dont quite understand why it ran at like 8x the speed on my old pc

also where do u turn on protocol encryption plz

X
03-30-2007, 04:50 AM
google ... it is there for a reason... http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=17n&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=utorrent+optimize+settings&spell=1
That will take care of your utorrent setup.... Make sure you follow what lysine said about finding your ipconfig settings and writing that stuff down.. then look at the make and model of your router and go to portforward and go Ctrl + F to open Find bar... put the model number in there... Click on the link.follow the instructions. ...