PDA

View Full Version : New Avatar Problems :(

2nd gen noob
05-31-2003, 06:40 AM
ok, i've been trying to make a new avatar for myself.
i decided to make one based on one of the wonder's of the world - kylie's bottom.
sorry if this offends anyone :P

this is how far i've got up until now:

http://mysite.freeserve.com/MSchumiFTP/kylie.gif

it's still a bit over the limit, but it won't be a problem to get it under the 100k limit. the problem i'm having is that the picture is too dark.
i've tried fiddling about with both animation shop 3.0 and ulead gif animator, but can't seem to make any improvements.
is there anyone with experience in making animated avatars who would be willing to step up to the challenge? :lol:

thanks for any advice/help

edit: spelling

2nd gen noob
05-31-2003, 11:30 PM
can anyone help me please?

Got_brains?
05-31-2003, 11:42 PM
If you provide the video, I will make it brighter.

EDIT: It has to be cut to the legnth that you want.

Got_brains?
05-31-2003, 11:52 PM
I'm waiting... I have to leave soon!

2nd gen noob
06-01-2003, 01:03 AM
sorry to have missed you, i wasn't at the comp :(
the source vid is pretty big (around 20 meg), and i only have 56k. when i use virtual dub to cut it into segments, the video turns green for some reason.
the source vid is the agent provocateur lingerie advert (my spelling is probably pretty bad there :lol: ).

Got_brains?
06-01-2003, 01:29 AM
Sorry, I was gone too, heres the vid (Sorry about the borders)

http://www.freewebs.com/shavethetrees/Lightbutt.gif

EDIT: Oops, nevermind, it dosent allow remote linking. Heres it: here (http://www.freewebs.com/shavethetrees/Lightbutt.gif)

You like?

2nd gen noob
06-01-2003, 01:58 AM
thanks very much :D :D

:beerchug:

much better now, plus it's a lot smaller too

thank you again

p.s. is this image host reliable, or should i host it myself?

Got_brains?
06-01-2003, 01:59 AM
I would be glad host it for you, but it does not allow remote linking. (Picture sharing) So, in otherwords, you will get a 'x' if you link to my server.

So, please save it and host it on your own server if you want anyone to be able to see it. :P

2nd gen noob
06-01-2003, 02:02 AM
ok, i see what you mean. thanks a lot for doing this for me. thanks for the quick replies too.
i'll host it on my page, i've got plenty of space left anyway.

Got_brains?
06-01-2003, 02:09 AM
Your welcome.

For future refrence, I used the 'Brightness and contrast' controller in Adobe Premere. I imported the gif into premere, then adjusted the brightness. I then exported it to a .mpg and used Animation shop 3 to convert back to a gif. A roundabout way of doing it, but it worked. Dont worry if you didnt understand that. Its like another language unless you have used premere.

Welcome to the forum and have a nice day. :beerchug:

Got_brains?
06-01-2003, 02:15 AM
Oh yea, I almost forgot, I had to do the same thing to my avitar because it was too dark.

Cya!

2nd gen noob
06-01-2003, 02:15 AM
i've only really started trying to edit gifs in the last 3 or 4 days. i made up a matrix one, but most of the ones i manage to make are either really bad quality, or really big file sizes (800k for 20 frames or so at 64x64).
also, it seems like ulead likes to eat my system resources and regularly crashes my pc (athlon 2700, 512MB ddr333ram, windows xp).
i find that animation shop is better, never tried adobe. might give it a look.

p.s. it looks like my image host is down just now :(
need to wait until later to fix it

p.p.s i'm not really new to the forum, i had 700+ posts as amphoteric88 :P

Got_brains?
06-01-2003, 02:31 AM
Ah, you are a old user. Well, welcome back from the dead! :P