PDA

View Full Version : Waiting 30 days

DavorSuker
03-30-2007, 12:31 AM
Waiting 30 days to get into the invite section is too harsh.....30 days in way too long.....I can't wait that long.....and the BitTorrent section is so borring now since they moved everything to the invite section............

deuce6000
03-30-2007, 12:32 AM
Tard!

seppypom
03-30-2007, 12:34 AM
Wwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

NA_Magus
03-30-2007, 12:48 AM
You've been here for one day and you're already complaining? :/
Just go on about business as if that forum didn't exist. It'll go by quicker that way.

DavorSuker
03-30-2007, 12:49 AM
Who ever made this rule is a evil evil person...... It's not right......it's way too long...it should be like 1 day only....it's not fair....show some mercy for god's sake...

there isn't really anything good in the Bittorrent invite section anyways.....people just go there so they can make themselves feel "special" thinking they are really improving their wallstreet stock trading skills...

NYGiants
03-30-2007, 01:04 AM
Who ever made this rule is a evil evil person...... It's not right......it's way too long...it should be like 1 day only....it's not fair....show some mercy for god's sake...

there isn't really anything good in the Bittorrent invite section anyways.....people just go there so they can make themselves feel "special" thinking they are really improving their wallstreet stock trading skills...
dude what the hell did u signup 4 then? everyone here had 2 wait so why shouldn't u?

woolenundies
03-30-2007, 01:04 AM
if there's nothing good about the invites section why are you so eager to get in?

fst invite section is probably the best around..

DavorSuker
03-30-2007, 01:08 AM
I only wish I wasn't such as idiot....when I had access to it........ I didn't appreciate it back then......now I miss it so bad.....

NA_Magus
03-30-2007, 01:10 AM
So you were previously a member here? Please, do go on.

DavorSuker
03-30-2007, 01:15 AM
yeah....I have been using FST since March of last year...and I actually had one account with like 500 posts......and one day...I just was in a angry mood and I accidently went on a rage and accidently called someone a "retard" and they deleted my whole account........ Who else thinks that wasn't right of them deleating my whole account? That was too harsh.....

I never recovered from that....it was such a tramatic experience.....

DefX
03-30-2007, 01:19 AM
Bor alert!!!

NA_Magus
03-30-2007, 01:20 AM
Yeah getting banned from a forum is really a tramatic experience. :/

QstorM
03-30-2007, 01:28 AM
Well I had to wait so WILL U!

DavorSuker
03-30-2007, 01:30 AM
I did wait.....I waited 30 days and then got banned instantly.......without warning or anything......tell me...how fair is that?

Is there any chance I can redeem myself and get my account back?

woolenundies
03-30-2007, 01:30 AM
Well I had to wait so U WILL!

looool haay QstorM, you're a member of gotfrag.com, right?

:lol:

DavorSuker
03-30-2007, 01:33 AM
I am friends with "Bor" and I think he is very sorry now too....

General2k
03-30-2007, 01:36 AM
Some people should never be allowed access to the invite section. The 30 days waiting time is to try and weed out some of these bad apples. Some people think it should be longer than it is and a higher, non spam post count. Be happy where it is right now, it's more than fair.

QstorM
03-30-2007, 01:37 AM
Well I had to wait so U WILL!

looool haay QstorM, you're a member of gotfrag.com, right?

:lol:

Yes I am :) Who are you?

DavorSuker
03-30-2007, 01:38 AM
I have been using this site for 1 year.....that's got to count for something...eh

woolenundies
03-30-2007, 01:39 AM
my username is 'rdmlol' on gf, i don't post much but i browse the counter-strike forums every once in a while :)

khartman
03-30-2007, 02:20 AM
anger managment and riddilin it will do wonders

mbucari1
03-30-2007, 04:51 AM
Stop your bit**ing! When I joined it was 20 posts and 30 days. I wasn't too thrilled about that either, but I didn't go starting threads to complain about it.

Actually, it was a funny story. I joined on the 6th of jan this year after a google search led me here. After I signed up, I found out about the rule and thought "well F**K that!" But a few days before the 30 day deadline, another google search lead me back here. I took it as a sign and started making my posts. I really got into it. This is a fun place.

X
03-30-2007, 04:55 AM
Stop your bit**ing! When I joined it was 20 posts and 30 days. I wasn't too thrilled about that either, but I didn't go starting threads to complain about it.

Actually, it was a funny story. I joined on the 6th of jan this year after a google search led me here. After I signed up, I found out about the rule and thought "well F**K that!" But a few days before the 30 day deadline, another google search lead me back here. I took it as a sign and started making my posts. I really got into it. This is a fun place.

same thing happened to me...
Its not that bad... If you aren't active enough anyways u shouldn't b here.:pinch:

mbucari1
03-30-2007, 05:15 AM
Also, a little word of advice. Don't piss off mods.

Bucktoof
03-30-2007, 05:29 AM
I joined almost 30 days ago, and originally thought it was a little long. However, I consistently posted because their are a lot of good threads here; plus some of the tutorials are really helpful.

I used to be on another forum, but that was invites for torrent sites only. And I will never go back there because once you sign up, you can get invites from people instantly by just asking most times. How do you weed out the scammers and the people who don't know how to be a good member at a torrent site? I think making them commit to being a good member here is an indicator of some sorts.

The 30 days and 10 posts is not that hard to do. And like the members have said, it's gotta be worth it.

Glad to be here! :)

Niteghost
03-30-2007, 05:40 AM
yeah....I have been using FST since March of last year...and I actually had one account with like 500 posts......and one day...I just was in a angry mood and I accidently went on a rage and accidently called someone a "retard" and they deleted my whole account........ Who else thinks that wasn't right of them deleating my whole account? That was too harsh.....

I never recovered from that....it was such a tramatic experience.....

U are missing a "u" in "Traumatic", couldn't wait to tell U, LOLhttp://www.cheesebuerger.net/images/more/bigs/c027.gif

saulin
03-30-2007, 07:08 AM
It has been said millions of times over and isn't going to change.Trust me it's all worth the wait dude.

Haha by the time I get there the only missing trackers will be Oink, Sct and FTN. Actually this site has a nice community. I got offered invites when I didn't even asked for them and I know some friends that have good trackers so I now have pretty nice trackers even BitmeTV :D

aryan1
03-30-2007, 07:18 AM
for bittorrent invite section waiting 30 days are worth...........

kayvanblue
03-30-2007, 07:24 AM
anger managment and riddilin it will do wonders
i was just gonna mention that! we offer Anger Management Course just for a small $. jk
i think the 30 days wait time is here to Examine Your Attitude or to see where you stand in this forum!
you are not one of those messed up kids are you?

ghurka
03-30-2007, 09:33 AM
I say if you don't like being at the back of the queue then don't fecking queue - find somewhere else instead.

Lots of other forums out there Bor - this one ain't for you though.

goysalh
03-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Bravo DavorSuker (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/davorsuker-160613)

BlackCatcher
03-30-2007, 12:36 PM
Waiting 30 days to get into the invite section is too harsh.....30 days in way too long.....I can't wait that long.....and the BitTorrent section is so borring now since they moved everything to the invite section............

:cry:

ghurka
03-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Bravo DavorSuker (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/davorsuker-160613)

You don't know all the facts here. DavorSuker aka Bor74 is a banned user who keeps trying to get back in under different usernames. He is not trying to do you or anyone else any favours here.

General2k
03-30-2007, 01:36 PM
It has been said millions of times over and isn't going to change.Trust me it's all worth the wait dude.

Haha by the time I get there the only missing trackers will be Oink, Sct and FTN. Actually this site has a nice community. I got offered invites when I didn't even asked for them and I know some friends that have good trackers so I now have pretty nice trackers even BitmeTV :D
There is a good reason why you have been offered invites before you have access to the invite section. It's because you understand the rules and don't create threads like this one. There are a lot of nice members here that are more than willing to help everyone who deserves to be helped

assafush
03-30-2007, 02:07 PM
I think u need to learn to handle with the consequences... if u accidantly called some1 a retard you'll need to know that u have to take responsibility for what u did and dont cry about it like you do now...

rohankanade
03-30-2007, 02:09 PM
thats perfectly ok to make a new user wait for 30 days

Since the user is either new to scene or is a noob, he will create some bad posts in that section

thats y those 30 days are for learning the rules here, so that we behave properly in the Invite section

name in use
03-30-2007, 02:28 PM
fst invite section is probably the best around..

ive looked,it is. lots of good patient people here,gotta pay dues man,if you dont do that then why even ask for invite,these all came at some cost.:yup:

ExT
03-30-2007, 03:11 PM
I'm almost 30 days older lol I think this rule is good for noobs to learn rules but scammers will appear after 30 days too..

One thing, does the day of registering count? :D

iStix
03-30-2007, 03:19 PM
I think 30 days is too little... :P And yeah scammers may appear, but when you get in Invites section you'll see that it isn't that easy to scam someone there... You'll see why.. :D

ExT
03-30-2007, 03:22 PM
I think 30 days is too little... :P And yeah scammers may appear, but when you get in Invites section you'll see that it isn't that easy to scam someone there... You'll see why.. :D

I don't know why i am here, no one is going to trade my tl, revtt or st for bit me tv:(

Idanp
03-30-2007, 04:16 PM
i think its a great idea..the 30 days

Chrys
03-31-2007, 06:45 AM
yeah,it's worth to be waiting

seras12345
03-31-2007, 09:09 AM
I'm also in the 'waiting' group and think it's fair enough - after all if they didn't have any requirements why even require signup at all? It's not that big a deal anyway, waiting a month - just need a little patience :)

There is one thing I wondered though, not sure if it's ok to ask but... what is the invites section actually like? I'm not really too experienced with private trackers so I don't really know anything about how invites work - do you need to trade for them?

If so... is there anywhere you might suggest starting to try to sign up to get invites for trade? I'm not a member of any private trackers! Kind of a chicken and egg thing :lol:

kolio41
03-31-2007, 10:16 AM
30 days tooooooooo much

iStix
03-31-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm also in the 'waiting' group and think it's fair enough - after all if they didn't have any requirements why even require signup at all? It's not that big a deal anyway, waiting a month - just need a little patience :)

There is one thing I wondered though, not sure if it's ok to ask but... what is the invites section actually like? I'm not really too experienced with private trackers so I don't really know anything about how invites work - do you need to trade for them?

If so... is there anywhere you might suggest starting to try to sign up to get invites for trade? I'm not a member of any private trackers! Kind of a chicken and egg thing :lol:

Wait till you get to the Invites section and you'll see. There are a lot of people giving away invites for free, so you'll have fun anyways... :)

seras12345
03-31-2007, 11:23 AM
Wait till you get to the Invites section and you'll see. There are a lot of people giving away invites for free, so you'll have fun anyways... :)

Ah ok, thanks! lol, it's kind of cool, it's almost like a trading game or something. Torrents - gotta catch em all :D

prisonbreak2
03-31-2007, 11:25 AM
30 days tooooooooo much

Str8ek
03-31-2007, 05:43 PM
yeah, it's a bit rigorous, but hope worth...

rhemux
03-31-2007, 06:09 PM
..29 days to go...

RTFM
03-31-2007, 06:31 PM

A few weeks ago, I was in the same boat as you. Just read around a lot, and check the "Open for signups" (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent/t-post-sites-open-signups-thread-117091/page580#post1876472) thread. Soon enough, you'll be in some decent private trackers, and then you'll just have to become a Power User (or the equivalent) to get invites.

seras12345
03-31-2007, 06:45 PM
A few weeks ago, I was in the same boat as you. Just read around a lot, and check the "Open for signups" (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent/t-post-sites-open-signups-thread-117091/page580#post1876472) thread. Soon enough, you'll be in some decent private trackers, and then you'll just have to become a Power User (or the equivalent) to get invites.

Thanks, actually trying to do just that right now! Seeding away... though no one seems to want to download it ;). It's kind of a pain to have to build up so much upload on trackers I'm not really interested in, but I guess that's just how things work... :)

RTFM
03-31-2007, 06:52 PM
What tracker, if I may ask?

seras12345
03-31-2007, 08:14 PM
Sure, it's

http://www.underground-gamer.com

Open signups still if you like that sort of thing! I don't really play games all that much so it's of less interest to me, but it does seem to have a lot of stuff...

Unfortunately though, in trying to boost my ratio I've somehow managed to get to 0.012 :pinch: Which is obviously absolutely awful! The thing is the busy torrents there are mostly huge, in the terrabytes range, so I tried to download just part of one to seed - then after getting about 500mb my bittorrent client threw out an error and wiped the whole thing.

So I'm 500mb down with no uploads at all, so I tried to get smaller parts of the busy torrents - been seeding a game or two in a PS1 compilation for the last 5 hours and managed to upload 8mb. I can only guess everyone else is trying to do the same thing, or maybe I have something set up wrong, but I'm at my wit's end! :frusty:

Even tried using a different client (Azureus instead of bittornado, which seems to have problems with selecting 'do not download' pieces), so who knows if it's set up right...

Heh, sorry to rant, just been trying to work this out for a while now... bet you wish you hadn't asked!

saulin
03-31-2007, 08:37 PM
You can use up your gigs so easy at U-G. I love that tracker. I managed to get my ratio over 1.0 by downloading parts of the most popular stuff as it gets uploaded. It works :)

I'm not sure why your client would just give you an error??

Remember that you gotta do this with brand new uploads otherwise you will find that it doesn't work because yeah other people will do the same. it's hard to seed 1:1 at U-G otherwise when you can get torrents that are 60-100 gigs. Also look at the request section and try to fill requests. I also got a few gigs easy like that.

seras12345
03-31-2007, 09:09 PM
Oh it's just this weird error it does, I did know about it but just forgot because it doesn't happen often - as far as I can tell if you select some parts to not be downloaded, it doesn't save some sort of important information about those parts, and when you start it up again it says something like 'file not found'. It wouldn't be so bad if you could just check the info and restart, but for some reason it also deletes everything I've already downloaded. :pinch:

I figure I'll download a bit more of one of the torrents and then just try to seed that bit using azureus - I'm starting to get more of an upload rate as the day goes on so at least I know it's not a problem with the settings :)

Thank you both for your help though! I do appreciate it, I know I must seem like kind of a moron with some of this stuff :P

owl92
03-31-2007, 09:19 PM

yo its the long wait that helps stupid noobs like u to not get scammed or to scam others. In the world of filesharing patience is neccesary!

TBE
03-31-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm also waiting... 30 days is a long period....

Ratzy Rox
03-31-2007, 10:42 PM
I just signed up then forgot about the forum for about 2 months so it worked out alright. Everyone else had to go through the same wait and its not gonna change so why complain?

General2k
03-31-2007, 10:52 PM
All this complaining about 30 days being to long will not make anyone shorten it. The only thing that may happen, other than pissing everyone off, is have the wait time lengthened. Perhaps 2 months :devil:

Bucktoof
03-31-2007, 11:25 PM
I've been patient, and I think the 30 days is a good idea. Maybe make the scammers lose interest :lol:

Got myself under a week to go! woo!

insano
04-01-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm wainting too...30 days... damn it's long time!

rhemux
04-01-2007, 11:34 AM
...28 days to go...

kirktrix
04-01-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm wainting too...30 days... damn it's long time!

While your waiting. read some thread. it will help u a lot...... Good luck

http
04-01-2007, 03:31 PM
me too... 30 f***ing days. But still - :fst: great community

Idanp
04-01-2007, 04:03 PM
2 weeks for me (:

DefX
04-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Do what i did. Forget that you know this site exists much less the invite section. Before you know it, several months have passed and you're in the promise land :)

StarBoy69
04-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Yup, that's right. I actually did forget!

Old-Horse
04-01-2007, 04:52 PM
damn it's long time! :(