PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't Lounge Posts Count?

Suicyco247
05-31-2003, 11:01 AM
I only post occasionally so I'm not really concerned about myself but... I read the forum almost daily and I see many people that contribute VERY often, they actually are the reason I keep coming back, yet they get no credit for posts in the lounge or other often read topics, WHY? You could actually just spam other posts to up your user rating, but it doesn't make any sense to me why they get credit yet the regular posters that keep this forum alive stay at a low post count. Come on Mods, give the lounge dwellers some kind of credit, personally I think they more than deserve it! I know this topic has been touched on before but I think it's time that it's brought up again. I'm sure I've read at LEAST a thousand and one posts from people like "Weemouse" yet she's still listed as 80something posts, come on and give everyone a piece of the cheese!

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
05-31-2003, 11:11 AM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Read my Stats.....1607 posts(37% of this member's posts) in Lounge and I am not worryed about it.Keep it as is, but if it does change.....5000 Post count here I come. :lol: :P :lol:

ShareDaddy
05-31-2003, 11:19 AM
Post counts do not mean a thing, sure you can sometimes judge a person by post counts, sort of a barometer if you will, however there are unsrcupulous characters around who will and do SPAM everything when posts count, I just as soon leave it as it is, no count in the LOUNGE as this is the only place to really have a say, we need some un-fettered waters for roaming once in a while, if they counted in the lounge you would see a whole lot of MODDING going on and not for the best.

nahan
05-31-2003, 11:20 AM
Very true .
What is the point of a system based on points,that does not give points
for doing what others get points for doing the same thing

Did you get that. a equal points system for all

Lets have a vote :

A Ye for those, that posts should be tabulated regardless of forum.

And Ne for those, that dont deserve a post count while in the lounge.

No voting twice,and 51% is required for majority rules.

nahan
05-31-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by ShareDaddy@31 May 2003 - 12:19
Post counts do not mean a thing, sure you can sometimes judge a person by post counts, sort of a barometer if you will, however there are unsrcupulous characters around who will and do SPAM everything when posts count, I just as soon leave it as it is, no count in the LOUNGE as this is the only place to really have a say, we need some un-fettered waters for roaming once in a while, if they counted in the lounge you would see a whole lot of MODDING going on and not for the best.
Well couldnt someone just spam any other forum ?
Why yes they could.
And as for being mods who cares ?.
And if it is ranking that is an issue make a new one or change the
prerequisite.

By the way I vote: Ye

Rocktron
05-31-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@31 May 2003 - 12:11

Read my Stats.....1607 posts(37% of this member's posts) in Lounge and I am not worryed about it.Keep it as is, but if it does change.....5000 Post count here I come. :lol: :P :lol:
FC!!!

Can you please STOP spanking Smurfin !!!??
She had enough by now don't you think? :P

nahan
05-31-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@31 May 2003 - 12:11
:sleeping:  :sleeping:  :sleeping:  :sleeping:  :sleeping:

Read my Stats.....1607 posts(37% of this member's posts) in Lounge and I am not worryed about it.Keep it as is, but if it does change.....5000 Post count here I come. :lol:  :P  :lol:
Are you sure thats your post count :1607

Because I could swear it says 2927.

You must mean 1607 in the lounge alone ,correct.

And if so whats wrong with 5000 wouldnt that be accurate ?

Accuarcy isnt a bad thing.Shouldnt credit be given where credit is due ?.

fugley
05-31-2003, 11:32 AM
I vote in favour - though I really don't understand all the concern about this.

Suicyco247
05-31-2003, 12:33 PM
Please someone explain your reasoning? Funky and Sharedaddy both, you're as common as blue is in the sky around these parts, yet I don't understand your arguments against a post count. Spam is spam, regardless of the topic, by Sharedaddy's response you are saying the lounge gets less spam B.S. because it doesn't add to a number, but it is also true that the number of posts gets you nothing here, you get no priority 'cause you post more. As far as I go, I give you more respect because I see your name so often and I know you are trustworthy people BECAUSE I see your name so often and read your posts. A newbie doesn't know who to trust and there is a lot of crap that does get posted here that is nothing but spam OR even worse, bullshit posts that are trying to start flame wars, now I love a war as much as the republicans do, but I also like to know who is worth my time, and generally speaking people that devote a large amount of time to this forum are either A)complete losers with nothing better to do than spam the lounge(or other topics in general) or B)People like you guys that I read on a regular basis and know when I click on your posts that if not informative at least you are normally entertaining. Yes, it's true that the numbers are arguably meaningless, but who could ignore 5000 posts(personally Funky, I think you're closer to 15,000 but it just seems that way because I do read almost daily). I don't want a star I just want to know the regulars.

PB Montgolfier
05-31-2003, 12:36 PM
Posts in the loung should not count. Otherwise we would not be allowed to do this.

PB Montgolfier
05-31-2003, 12:37 PM
:huh:

PB Montgolfier
05-31-2003, 12:37 PM
:o

PB Montgolfier
05-31-2003, 12:38 PM
;)

PB Montgolfier
05-31-2003, 12:39 PM
:P

PB Montgolfier
05-31-2003, 12:39 PM
:D

nahan
05-31-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by PB Montgolfier@31 May 2003 - 13:37
:huh:
You can do it in any other section

PB Montgolfier
05-31-2003, 12:40 PM
:blink:

fugley
05-31-2003, 12:43 PM
:blink: I'm emulating you! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEk!

nahan
05-31-2003, 12:46 PM
Go to the problems section ,and look at my post .

What /problem,no problem.Apparently there is I got credited for it.

Spam plain and simple.

fugley
05-31-2003, 12:48 PM
good point!

PB Montgolfier
05-31-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by nahan@31 May 2003 - 12:46
Go to the problems section ,and look at my post .

What /problem,no problem.Apparently there is I got credited for it.

Spam plain and simple.
Exactly. This is the place for that sort of thing. Elsewhere it is just stupid and annoys people. The odd time may be funny, but if you do it all the time you will get moderated.

The point is that the lounge does not count for posts and this gives people the freedom to just muck about. Talk about what they want and generally chill out.

Remember the rest of the board is actually about k-lite and related subjects.

nahan
05-31-2003, 12:55 PM
Wow ,you talk as if you have experience in this area .
Is this your first time to the forum.

Suicyco247
05-31-2003, 12:56 PM
An ass by any other name still smells like an ass, I think I understand now, even the mods can't fight stupidity!

PB Montgolfier
05-31-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by nahan@31 May 2003 - 12:55
Wow ,you talk as if you have experience in this area .
Is this your first forum.
Yes this is my first forum. Though I have had a wee read at the FAQ etc.

fugley
05-31-2003, 01:03 PM
I told yer he :D was special!

Suicyco247
05-31-2003, 01:13 PM
So the mods don't moderate/don't ban the lounge dwellers? If that's the case then may a God have mercy on your souls! Find me a super-sized pin to get this shite closed, and "screw you guys, I'm going home!"

PB Montgolfier
05-31-2003, 01:14 PM
Bye Bye

Have a good week till next week.

Suicyco247
05-31-2003, 02:00 PM
Trust me PB the mods around here know an ass from an idiot, I'm just an ass, you're an idiot, you won't be here long..."goodbye"!

PB Montgolfier
05-31-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Suicyco247@31 May 2003 - 14:00
Trust me PB the mods around here know an ass from an idiot, I'm just an ass, you're an idiot, you won't be here long..."goodbye"!
What was that about. I thought you said you were going away so I said goodbye. Have a good week till next week is an old saying from World of Sport.

If I offended you in some way it was not intended.

fugley
05-31-2003, 02:19 PM
Do you need assistance oh great PB.......If so just say and I'll tear his face off! Who is this geezer any way?

fugley
05-31-2003, 02:22 PM
Hey PB did you ever meet Dickie Davies? He was my dad's idol! Busted a clacker over him once meself!

fugley
05-31-2003, 02:23 PM
I mean Mr Davies not me dad!

Benno
05-31-2003, 04:00 PM
Post in the lounge dont count, thats the way it is.

Look at all this crap that is in the Lounge, sure it is fun and I like to read it too but it isnt a contribution to the forum in any way.

Suicyco247
05-31-2003, 04:05 PM
Make it sound all good all you want PB, I'm mature enough not to fall for a flame war, this topic was a serious topic with some levity. You are obviously new to the forum and still have no manners, your posts say as much. You and Fugley are both poster children for my point, all posts need to be counted. I'm sure you may get credited for a lot of meaningless posts but eventually, as all children do, you will lose intrest in the forum, and the grownups("grownups" is no knock against the younger readers, as even most younger posters here are mature adults) will once again have a place for adult and intelligent conversations.

Suicyco247
05-31-2003, 04:06 PM
:angry:

clocker
05-31-2003, 04:21 PM
PB seems to have attracted an Igor...

PB Montgolfier
05-31-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Suicyco247@31 May 2003 - 16:05
Make it sound all good all you want PB, I'm mature enough not to fall for a flame war, this topic was a serious topic with some levity. You are obviously new to the forum and still have no manners, your posts say as much. You and Fugley are both poster children for my point, all posts need to be counted. I'm sure you may get credited for a lot of meaningless posts but eventually, as all children do, you will lose intrest in the forum, and the grownups("grownups" is no knock against the younger readers, as even most younger posters here are mature adults) will once again have a place for adult and intelligent conversations.
What a self important arse.

You really think this is serious. Point me in the direction of one of your meaningfull posts. Here's one of mine

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...2&t=36384&st=15 (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=36384&st=15)

It's the lounge half-wit, it's to discuss whatever people want and to have a laugh.

fugley
05-31-2003, 04:32 PM
That put him straight Uncle PB!

fugley
05-31-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by clocker@31 May 2003 - 16:21
PB seems to have attracted an Igor...
lol pmsl

PB Montgolfier
05-31-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by fugley@31 May 2003 - 16:32
That put him straight Uncle PB!
One likes to lead by example.

It's not often you see a joke based on the periodic table.

Suicyco247
05-31-2003, 05:00 PM
Please mods pin this crap thread(erase it flush it down the crapper), the last thing I wanted or tried to do was start something that could start a flame, which this has. No, my contributions may not be technical or even noteworthy but I have helped people, and up to this point I've never said a negative thing about another member, and I still won't. This is one of the few places where I still felt welcome to speak my mind, and or opinions without fear of starting a flame war. Yes, the lounge IS the place to speak your mind, all opinions respected("muck" I think you called it) but I've always tried to do so in a respectful and open minded way, apparently some of the new members don't respect these unwritten rules. This has been the downfall of many good discussions throughout time, and I fear it may bring this forum down as well, as many loyal members have aleady left over the last year for this very reason. I'd love to have a respectful debate with anyone over any subject, but you can trace certain posters and see their demeaning ways, ignorance(=lack of knowledge) is fine, but stupidity will not be tolerated.

PB Montgolfier
05-31-2003, 05:07 PM
Hello again half-wit.

Don't try this constructing complex arguements again. It quite obviously is giving you a headache. Definitely keep going with the adult conversation. That's a good thing, but don't over-reach yourself. Keep it simple, you know it's better in the long run.

Oh and for the record, I did try to apologise for inadvertantly offending you. You decided to respond by being aggresive. If this is what you call "flame" then if anything it was your idea.

TTFN

PS You do realise that to Pin is to make the thread permanent ? So make up your mind, do you want it kept or gone.

fugley
05-31-2003, 05:09 PM
pmsl

Second one today!

Tyke
05-31-2003, 05:40 PM
post-count whores :lol:

Suicyco247
05-31-2003, 05:50 PM
Hell, now I understand why people get into flame wars, this is fun. PB, you are actually right, I'm trying to put way to much thought into my posts, it's like fighting with a wall, you can't win(I've drank too much and tried before, the wall always won). While I still think some of your posts(not this thread paticuarly) are a little smug, you actually are an intelligent person and I give you the utmost credit. I have no problem with that, as I say I enjoy a respectful debate with anyone, it's not a competition really, it's about opening your mind, and if you say you weren't trying to start something, I will give you an apology, I may have taken you the wrong way. You or Fugley can take this as a win if it makes you feel good, but as I say, It's not a competition to me, it's about finding intelligent people who can carry on a good conversation. You can call me a half-wit or any other name you may like, I've been called much worse, BUT while I will give you an apology, I would urge you to come on a little less strong and hope we can both lighten up 'cause this is silly bullshit. My offer is an apology and a truce.

crazy_billy_bats
05-31-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Suicyco247@31 May 2003 - 17:50
It's not a competition to me, it's about finding intelligent people who can carry on a good conversation. You can call me a half-wit or any other name you may like, I've been called much worse, BUT while I will give you an apology, I would urge you to come on a little less strong and hope we can both lighten up 'cause this is silly bullshit. My offer is an apology and a truce.
Now there is what i call a genuinley nice person.... :D :D

there is no sarcasm intended here by the way.

PB Montgolfier
05-31-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Suicyco247@31 May 2003 - 17:50
Hell, now I understand why people get into flame wars, this is fun. PB, you are actually right, I'm trying to put way to much thought into my posts, it's like fighting with a wall, you can't win(I've drank too much and tried before, the wall always won). While I still think some of your posts(not this thread paticuarly) are a little smug, you actually are an intelligent person and I give you the utmost credit. I have no problem with that, as I say I enjoy a respectful debate with anyone, it's not a competition really, it's about opening your mind, and if you say you weren't trying to start something, I will give you an apology, I may have taken you the wrong way. You or Fugley can take this as a win if it makes you feel good, but as I say, It's not a competition to me, it's about finding intelligent people who can carry on a good conversation. You can call me a half-wit or any other name you may like, I've been called much worse, BUT while I will give you an apology, I would urge you to come on a little less strong and hope we can both lighten up 'cause this is silly bullshit. My offer is an apology and a truce.
Well said and thanks for that. I accept your apology in the spirit it was intended and re-iterate my original one. It was never my intention to offend. Faults on both sides and all that sort of thing.

Letīs agree on the truce, but look forward to our next spat.

Cheers

The Great Dude
05-31-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@31 May 2003 - 03:11

I agree, both ways works fine. :D :P

Suicyco247
05-31-2003, 06:33 PM
For what it's worth(I think that was also a song) I am being sincere, I can be the biggest ass you ever meet, as well as a good friend, PB I hope you do prove me wrong, because I did think you were just an ass until I read a few posts, I still think you may come on a little strong in a few of your posts but I respect that and do mean no ill will. I do respect you and your opinions and am glad this is put to rest. This is a true apology by the way, but you know, the people I fight most are often the people I have the most in common with. So I wait with baited breath for the next argument(good natured next time), or can we just ALL agree that Bush is a complete ass....
Next spat coming up....

Z
05-31-2003, 07:56 PM
:w00t:

crazy_billy_bats
05-31-2003, 08:03 PM
i think they should count

PB Montgolfier
05-31-2003, 08:39 PM
If anyone feels strongly about this then PM a MOD and request a Poll.

However it has been discussed many times before so I donīt think youīll have much luck.

Just put your case forward to a mod, with the option and see what happens. Hereīs a wee suggestion

Poll

Should posts made in the Lounge count.

O Yes

O No

O Only if you are from Poland

O Only if you are Paul

marine_aart
05-31-2003, 08:45 PM
C-only if U R from polland (dunno why, but sounds funny)

fugley
05-31-2003, 08:46 PM
let's face it folks - most of us probably want it and they don't want us to have it! End of story!

crazy_billy_bats
05-31-2003, 08:48 PM
lets end it here: |