PDA

View Full Version : Reputation Versus Trading Points

thewizeard
03-30-2007, 09:05 AM
Wouldn't it be fair to bring back "reputation points" for the " non BitTorrent" members of this site... Perhaps in time for 1 April ?! :shutup:

peat moss
03-31-2007, 04:06 PM
I think I know what you mean , a site I frequent has what they call a slap button , if you disagree with a post you "slap" him or her which in turn devalues their rep points.

Never work here tho , too many pussy's troll this forum .

Hairbautt
03-31-2007, 04:50 PM
Wouldn't it be fair to bring back "reputation points" for the " non BitTorrent" members of this site...
No.

Unless it's only for that day. Then maybe...

Bucktoof
03-31-2007, 07:29 PM
I think the rep points would be abused, it happened elsewhere, that's why I like FST a lot more

TorrenTy
04-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Its not quit right to control the bad threads .

Hairbautt
04-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Its not quit right to control the bad threads .
:blink:

Snee
04-01-2007, 11:27 PM
It's not quite right to do spam-control on threads when he tries to post in them to up his post count.

That's my guess about what he means, anyways.

Could be wrong.

---

As for reputation, we don't actually need it, do we?

Most of us who have been around for a couple of years don't even care about the trading rep, AFAIK.

And I'm not sure, but I imagine that adding another reputation would mean adding another column somewhere in the database, and some additions to the code on the forum as well, which may mean that the forum gets quirky again for a bit.

I mean, we had fun with the reps when we had them and all, but they weren't actually good for anything other than noting that someone had made us laugh or something.

I like it when there isn't too much stuff in the periphery, so I'd just want to block it, in the long run, like I do with stars on here.

Hairbautt
04-01-2007, 11:31 PM
It's not quite right to do spam-control on threads when he tries to post in them to up his post count.

That's my guess about what he means, anyways.

Could be wrong.
I think you nailed it actually ;)

Barbarossa
04-02-2007, 10:33 AM
As for reputation, we don't actually need it, do we?

No, no we don't.

SkullForce
04-02-2007, 11:21 AM
rep points is better

tesco
04-02-2007, 09:16 PM
rep points is better
than what?:unsure:

Snee
04-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Than him sitting alone in his room telling himself he's awesome at trading away invites, I presume.

SHUVT
04-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Than him sitting alone in his room telling himself he's awesome at trading away invites, I presume.

You made me laugh, but I don't have a rep point button to push yet... LOL

emsee
04-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Bad idea

thewizeard
04-04-2007, 06:32 AM
Ok..then the trading points should go too. I have seen complete power + BitTorrent accounts being traded here. Filesharing is what it says... having a system in place that encourages trading, is wrong and we have that in place.

remember

Never pay for File Sharing! ...

Trading points is just a form of payment.

Reputation points is only for fun. and lastly

:) Sharing is Caring!

/me returns to the lounge.. before RealitY catches me here

thewizeard
04-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Of course..sorry to bore you all again, if the reputation points reflected ones idea on how you see a member( preferably objective, but that's probably impossible, subjective is also OK.) like a a list with say, art, literature, general knowledge, diplomacy.. that sort of thing.. so a member could give more than one point for each member.. and of course for the jokers, like me, silly choices that don't actually add to another members reputation at all, but also wont take away from it. :)

knight76
04-11-2007, 04:55 PM
I can't see any value in rep points. Especially if you can give them negative values as trolls can just hammer away at everyone handing out the negatives. Also, if you have a beef with someone they can just keep giving you negatives.

The trading rep is good in a way as it suggests someone may actualy go through with the trade if they have a good rating.

At the end of the day it isnt some rep thing or how many posts are next to your name that shows your value in any forum, its the sum of your posts and their content that matters.

Your only as good as your last post.

SHUVT
04-11-2007, 05:40 PM
I agree. I don't trade, but when i give invite out I do my best to review what they have posted and if it is of any worth to the community. I don't give a shit if they have 50+ rep, if they don't contribute to anything other than trading and asking for invites, they will not get nothing from me.