PDA

View Full Version : Dvd To Divx Or Another Format

kaspiske
05-31-2003, 12:43 PM
I am looking for a program that can convert the film fast and make it in a good quality!

Manny Calavera
05-31-2003, 01:36 PM
Rip the VOB's off the dvd with Smartripper then code it with Flask Mpeg

There are a few programs that do it direct (i use above) try them all and see what works for you

If your dvd is region locked you will need a utility to unlock it for imported disks and sometimes smartripper cant unlock the drive Just play the dvd with your player (ie powerdvd windvd etc) then close it and this should unlock it

Amd athlon 1.33
60G maxtor hdd
asus a7m266
Geforce2 ultra
Etc

Takes about 6hrs to do 1:30h

Benno
05-31-2003, 02:52 PM
Have a lookat http://www.doom9.org

caffeineaddict
05-31-2003, 07:11 PM
I tell you truthfully, Xvid is the serious encoder of them all. Forget Divx for most files, although it's good. a 1:30 min movie @700 megabytes is FANTASTIC in XVID. Just download Equilibrium if you dont believe me. Xvid is excellent with high motion video, and Equilibrium is the perfect example of that.

crazy_billy_bats
05-31-2003, 07:16 PM
isnt Divx now becoming a more recognised and legible company tho?
I mean the quality is still superb and with standalone dvd players coming with Divx encoders now (the KISS player, didnt know about it until yesterday!! :lol: ), the compatibility is going to be much bigger.

Linkton
05-31-2003, 11:01 PM
Check out DVDx. It'll encode a DVD to VCD, SVCD, or Mpeg-4 all in one step without ripping the vobs to your hard drive. I'm not sure about speed, that last time I ripped a DVD was a couple years ago, and I just started it up before I went to bed :P .

kaspiske
06-01-2003, 10:30 AM
Check out DVDx

I’ve already tried that and it’s very slow

ck-uk
06-01-2003, 10:59 AM
M8 if u want to make the best rips go where Benno sent u and look at the guides and progs for gordian knot.If ur a beginner it mayb abit tricky for u to work,but its the best for makin dvd to avi on the net. :D