PDA

View Full Version : Updating cracked vista

DaMan05
03-31-2007, 08:17 PM
im running the original RTM vista with the crack that I had to change a few files in safemode and then i activiated my copy with a beta2 key that MS had already issued me... i havent updated since, but i have a few bugs. Has anyone been updating that's using this crack method?

thanks in advance :D

mr. nails
03-31-2007, 11:09 PM
to stay on subject i'll answer ur ? with a no.

off subject: y stick with the rtm release version? y not upgrade to the official release? maybe the ultimate version.

DaMan05
03-31-2007, 11:28 PM
to stay on subject i'll answer ur ? with a no.

off subject: y stick with the rtm release version? y not upgrade to the official release? maybe the ultimate version.

i can do that? just burn the retail to DVD and upgrade... it wont be like "you already have this version on Windows on this PC" and are ppl updating that one without a problem.. like with the "timestopper" method (thats the only method i know) can you update all of them?

mr. nails
03-31-2007, 11:32 PM
my bad my bad. i meant do a format of some sort and upgrade to it. hopefully u have it partitioned so this won't be a prob. there is no prob in doing the timestopper crack. i'm currently using it and have been for 2 months or something. works like a champ and can windows update as well.

DaMan05
04-01-2007, 04:38 AM
oh... im not formatting.. i'll download the retail and give it a go anyways, thanks for the help.

zapjb
04-01-2007, 04:48 AM
Welcome to FST DaMan05.

But watch out for NikkiD.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/nikkid-1244 :)

mbucari1
04-02-2007, 05:52 PM
wait! RTM is the same as retail. The only difference is that they added more drivers for more hardware. If you are using a beta key, then that means you went the way of tokens.dat and pkeyconfig.xrm-ms. With this, you should not update. There is one update released by MS that will marke you as "not genuine". Instead, download the paradox vista crack (google it). Also, I'd try to find a way to replace the cracked files.

DaMan05
04-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Welcome to FST DaMan05.

But watch out for NikkiD.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/nikkid-1244 :)

lmao... will do... leafs wont even make the playoffs... HABS ARE GOING ALL THE WAY!!! lol

wait! RTM is the same as retail. The only difference is that they added more drivers for more hardware. If you are using a beta key, then that means you went the way of tokens.dat and pkeyconfig.xrm-ms. With this, you should not update. There is one update released by MS that will marke you as "not genuine". Instead, download the paradox vista crack (google it). Also, I'd try to find a way to replace the cracked files.

thanks for the info :)