PDA

View Full Version : Cricket...WTF?

jimbo12345
03-31-2007, 08:48 PM
:angry:
Right, so i pack my bags a few years ago and head to dirty China. When i left, cricket was mainly played in whites, the ball was red, and rules were relatively simple.

Now, i flick over to watch England v Ireland, there's wearing multicolor shell suits, the water boy is now the buggy they use to carry fake-diving Spanish bastards off the pitch in UEFA, the ball i no longer see, the umpires have more wires than Terminator, some power play thing has been introduced, (what is that...seriously), the adverts during every ball offer "find your perfect indian bride" websites and to top it off, Al Quaeda is assassinating national coaches over fears their gambling problems come out.

That just ain't cricket. So, seriously, WTF?

suprafreak6
04-01-2007, 05:57 AM
im upset cause india fucked up, but had a nice match last week...

jimbo12345
04-01-2007, 06:19 AM
we beat the Irish. Need i say more.

suprafreak6
04-01-2007, 05:10 PM
when you say we, do you mean england or india

007™
04-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Sri Lanka Is #1 :D :D :D :D :D

manker
04-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Considering England have just beaten Ireland and India didn't play them at this World Cup - I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that he means England.

jimbo12345
04-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Considering England have just beaten Ireland and India didn't play them at this World Cup - I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that he means England.

Thank you Manker. I also mentioned Flintoff, thought that was a clue to.

I also mentioned Al Quaeda, which is a figmant of the American and British mind. Yanks dont play much cricket, thus i must be British.

But seriously..crickets messy right now.

manker
04-01-2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah it is messy. I'm not getting into this World Cup at all - I decided to look up the result of today's game instead of watching the highlights on BBC1.

I think it's mainly the one day game that's going a bit shit, it's more exciting but there doesn't seem to be so much skill, with all the emphasis on scoring quickly the deft stroke players seem to be failing 'cos of the need for them to bat at a high tempo and the sloggers are prospering. Which I suppose is fine if you like watching a cross-bat baseball type shot sail over the ropes, but not so good if you'd prefer to see an elegant cover drive.

The test matches are still as good as ever I remember, maybe even better since while teams retain their slower scoring, more techically sound batsmen, it seems now that a prerequisite for each team is to also have at least one pinch-hitter who can cunt the ball over the main stand. The mix of the two is fantastic.

What I'm getting around to saying is that while limited over cricket has altered rules left, right and centre in trying to appeal to the lowest common denonimator - and so has degenerated into a competition of who can hit the ball the hardest - test cricket has become a lot easier on the eye.

Oh yeah - and 20/20 'cricket' is even worse. The Aussies wear shirts with their nickname printed on the back, rather than their surname. Now that's not cricket.

jimbo12345
04-02-2007, 12:18 AM
Test cricket is great. I loved it when i had a long weekend, watching qulaity for 5 days. (then again, with England, never guaranteed :) ).

World Cup serves its purpose. But what is this power play? I tried to look it up.

As for 20/20, i got to see a few night games with Yorkshire a while ago. It was brilliant!! Granted, it's not proper cricket, but kids love it as its short enough to keep their attention, it brought people to games who wouldnt usually, and, well, to some, it cuts all the boring bits out and condenses exciting shots into a day.

The world cup though, it's "balled me over", and the rules have me "stumped". But test cricket will always have me by the "googlies". "Bye".

maebach
04-02-2007, 02:54 AM
my dad was asking the same thing about the costumes, he said that all white seemed more professional. O well, Im goin for the Windies now, but they fucked up today. I dont want SL to win. Ireland would be great. NO AUS, and I wouldnt mind if England won something.

Peerzy
04-02-2007, 05:28 PM
my dad was asking the same thing about the costumes, he said that all white seemed more professional. O well, Im goin for the Windies now, but they fucked up today. I dont want SL to win. Ireland would be great. NO AUS, and I wouldnt mind if England won something.

Windies are all but out now. Played 4 of 6 Super 8 games and only have 2 points. AUS are hitting well and South Africa look like the two best bets. New Zealand are playing well but I doubt they'll hold up against the other big teams.

jimbo12345
04-05-2007, 11:12 AM
So...England. If they loose on SaturdAy, are they out?

manker
04-05-2007, 11:20 AM
So...England. If they loose on SaturdAy, are they out?
Yeah, think so. Unless Bangladesh and Ireland start owning shit the fuck up.

jimbo12345
04-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Manker mate, the last sentence isn't coherent. What does it mean?

manker
04-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Manker mate, the last sentence isn't coherent. What does it mean?
Sorry, flowe - I'll dumb down my interweb 1337ness.

If England lose on Sunday, I'm pretty sure that they're out unless Ireland and Bangladesh beat a few of the more favoured teams.

jimbo12345
04-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Seriously? I would never have got that...are you taking the pi$$ still?

Unless you have a reallly rare strange case of Tourettes, that never says that.

But, i hope Ireland do something. They make me laugh and are full of Aussies, so i reckon they can. Plus their kit is soothing on the eyes, like camoflage. You bastard.

Barbarossa
04-05-2007, 11:50 AM
manker is pretty damn l33t.

He has to really work hard to dumb down so we can understand him :mellow:

jimbo12345
04-05-2007, 11:50 AM
"Yeah, think so. Unless Bangladesh and Ireland start owning shit the fuck up."

=
"Bangladesh and Ireland need to beat teams of a higher status

Seriously?

manker
04-05-2007, 11:52 AM

=

Seriously?
Yeah, seriously.

China is owning any 1337ness you once had the fuck right up.

jimbo12345
04-05-2007, 11:53 AM
manker is pretty damn l33t.

He has to really work hard to dumb down so we can understand him :mellow:

If that's dumbed down, i think he's took it too far. It's a strange mix of ghetto, Thorettes and Yoda. God knows how that happened.

Barbarossa
04-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Spending so much time in China has rendered you intellectually impotent

Fixed.

manker
04-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Spending so much time in China has rendered you intellectually impotent

Fixed.
It's true.

China > jimbo :(

jimbo12345
04-05-2007, 11:57 AM

=

Seriously?
Yeah, seriously.

L337ness = what exactly?

Leelness? leetness?

Cock bag.

manker
04-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Yeah, seriously.

L337ness = what exactly?

Leelness? leetness?

Cock bag.
Cock bag :o

Don't get all Mao Tse Tung on my black arse - and stop going off topic in my quality pseudo-ebonics thread.

Btw, it means eliteness, actuellement.

jimbo12345
04-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Eliteness...in China? More so here than at home. I stand out. I'm high middle-class. I'm white and young. Not that many of us doing that here.

I'm more interested in IllE6@l 6ooEe$s

Deal with that for sakes with it yes.

[quote=jimbo12345;1889128]

Don't get all Mao Tse Tung on my black arse - and stop going off topic in my quality pseudo-ebonics thread.

Your :ph34r: ?

I'm less Mao, more Sun Tzu...know what i mean?

manker
04-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Not really, no :unsure:

You owned yourself the fuck right up with that quote there and the gibberish proir to that isn't really helping anyone.

Good jawb on the looking different to Chinese people tho' :hooray:

jimbo12345
04-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Thought that may be confusing to you up git hire me.

See yesterday is going to fly upon the wing is fuck right up a good thing more leet.

Exactly. Alpha.

Funnyguy
04-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Im gonna try and get this back on topic and say that this WC has been boring the crowds have been poor and the West Indies is meant to be a colourful carnival atmosphere, sure doesnt seem that way

I prefer watching test Matches call me boring but its more of a twist because one day it could be all one team the next the other team is winning and has the upper hand. In ODI's its kinda easy to make a prediction on whats going to happen if a team makes like 350 you know which team is going to win unless your watching the 435 SA v Aus game :p

thewizeard
04-10-2007, 03:14 PM
I prefer Simulation Cricket http://www.simulationcricket.com/worldcup/

...and we are looking for members to join our team... It's great, just like the English Test team...one doesn't have to do a thing.. It's Just Not Cricket (http:/http://z15.invisionfree.com/Imagine_If/index.php?showtopic=126&st=0&#last)

atrat
04-11-2007, 01:00 AM
sri lanka ALL THE WAY...bot hot damnnnn...austrailia cant seem to go below 300 everytime they bat...itz like a freakin disease man...cant they just lose one game?

safa
04-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Bagladesh almost cause a second upset by almost defeating England, but England came through to win.

Should be a good game on today New Zealand (undefeated) vs Sri Lanka, my money is on New Zealand.

Funnyguy
04-12-2007, 09:12 PM
^^LOL that was class, i cant believe how tough Bangladesh made it for england who were only chasing 140 odd

As for my second favourites after Pakistan :P they went well, New Zealand have lost to Sri Lanka, but im still hopeful for New Zealand, theyll pull through and get their act together and hopefully beat SA which will then give England (3rd fave lol) a good chance to qualify if they beat SA