PDA

View Full Version : Audio_TS & Video_TS files

Skiz
04-02-2007, 11:10 AM
I forgot how to burn these to DVD. :frusty:

I'm using Nero. I Googled the heck outta this but couldn't find any consistent answers. :huh:

dodgy368
04-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Open Nero burning rom, in the left hand panel click DVD-VIDEO and then NEW.

RTFM
04-02-2007, 12:52 PM
If you already have th AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders with the vobs in them, all you need to do is to burn the exact copies to a DVD. You can treat the DVD like a data disc and copy the folders, and it should run fine as a DVD (at least in my experience).

Skiz
04-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Open Nero burning rom, in the left hand panel click DVD-VIDEO and then NEW.

I've done that, but something must be awry. After those steps, I have to drag the files from the video folder into the left side, then click 'burn'. The burn icon is gray though and I can't select it. :dabs:

RTFM
04-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Did you try this?

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burning_dvd_with_nero.cfm

Skiz
04-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Did you try this?

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burning_dvd_with_nero.cfm

I'm doing it that way, but I don't get the option to burn.

This is why I always download ISOs. :dry:

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4865/neroyb7.th.png (http://img47.imageshack.us/my.php?image=neroyb7.png)

Virtualbody1234
04-02-2007, 04:19 PM
but I don't get the option to burn.Do you have black media in the drive?

You could use DVD Shrink to convert it to ISO.

Skiz
04-02-2007, 04:24 PM
but I don't get the option to burn.Do you have black media in the drive?

I don't have any "black" media in there, but there is some blank media in the tray though. :P

As for using DVDShrink, I tried that too. When I click to open the video_ts folder, I get:

Invalid data in file "C:\DVD_01_1\Video_TS\VTS_01_5.VOB.

Maybe the files are just bad. :idunno:

RTFM
04-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Maybe the icon is just messed up? Ctrl + B to burn? Or it could be that the files are just corrupted.

Virtualbody1234
04-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Do you have black media in the drive?

I don't have any "black" media in there, but there is some blank media in the tray though. :P

As for using DVDShrink, I tried that too. When I click to open the video_ts folder, I get:

Invalid data in file "C:\DVD_01_1\Video_TS\VTS_01_5.VOB.

Maybe the files are just bad. :idunno:
Yeah. Sorry about the black comment. I didn't mean it that way. :whistling

VTS_01_5.VOB appears to be corrupt. Are you able to playback the whole contents from your HDD?

You could try: http://download.videohelp.com/FixVTS/ to try to repair it.

mbucari1
04-02-2007, 05:41 PM
You guys are getting WAY too complicated. In nero, goto video, then select "Recode DVD" (you may have to scroll over). When the dialog box opens, click "Import" and broses to the Video_TS folder and click OK. In ~1 Minute, nero will analyze the video and then let you choose the compression.

Skiz
04-03-2007, 12:43 AM
I guess that the files were corrupt or something, I dunno, and I got tired of screwing with it.

I downloaded an ISO and all's well.

Appzalien
04-05-2007, 04:37 AM
Its often easier to redownload a video than to go thru the steps of repairing it and searching for the tutorials to do it. But what have you learned? Nothing. Which goes to show, that most people want it NOW! and they do not want the hassle of getting it the way that requires work or knowledge. A monkey can download a file, but you could have fixed it, or at least have enjoyed the challenge of the attempt.

RTFM
04-05-2007, 05:43 AM
What else is he supposed to do? One of the VOBs was apparently corrupt, so he had no choice but to either re-download the VOBs or download a full iso.

I guess he could've downloaded a program to try to fix it, but there's no guarantee that it'd work.

Appzalien
04-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Have you ever come across a corrupt vob file? Never! it can only happen if you download the vob directly and the download gets corrupted. If you create it with an extractor the extraction will fail if the vob corrupts so you never see corrupt vob's.

What you do see is vob and ifo sets that have been butchered by someone who doesn't know what they are doing, like copying files from the dvd to the hard drive without using an extracter. These files can be repaired easily and more quickly than downloading a new version IF you know what you are doing. Obviously he will never know what he is doing, he will always take the easy way out and I feel sorry for him.

Skiz
04-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Obviously he will never know what he is doing, he will always take the easy way out and I feel sorry for him.

:blink:

tesco
04-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Those .vob files should be in the video_ts folder, not the root of the dvd.

But anyway it still sounds like atleast some of those vobs are corrupt....try vlc media player it will let you play the folder and treats it as an actual dvd so you can test how it works.

kennyboy
04-09-2007, 01:59 AM
Obviously he will never know what he is doing, he will always take the easy way out and I feel sorry for him.

Not needed and not wanted. Take it easy huh?