PDA

View Full Version : Help Fast with new vid card!

Seedler
04-03-2007, 11:42 PM
I just received my evga 7900GS KO Edition 256mb, installed it and installed drivers.

However, duing boot up I noticed all white text had a pinkish colour, and even after installing all drivers and upgrading to the newest Forceware drivers I'm still getting a pink hint to EVERYTHING that's being displayed by my new gfx card.

What could be the cause of this?

I will post some pics soon, but I don't have my camera right now. Basically the card is completely functional except everything is seen with a layer of pink?

fourier
04-03-2007, 11:44 PM
my bet is that you should check the cables (VGA/DVI)

Seedler
04-03-2007, 11:52 PM
There are 2 VGA slots on the video card, each with a DVI converter and my monitor is connected to one of the DVI converters which is in turn connected to one of the VGA slots.

And dammit all my colours are messed up, it's not just the pinkish colour. For example, the red canadian flag under my avatar is yellow right now. Seriously WTF?

Okay I connected to the other VGA slots and everything is fine now, but when I switch to ther other first VGA slot I tried the problem comes back. ??? Is this a bad card or am I missing something?

bump

any ideas?

Virtualbody1234
04-04-2007, 01:26 AM
Check the tiny pins of the monitor connector. Could be some bent ones?

Or damaged cable?

keke
04-04-2007, 03:44 AM
check your configurations as if u are using 32 bits colors, try setting your resolution to lower, reduce hardware acceleration too or try disabling some features.

"And dammit all my colours are messed up, it's not just the pinkish colour. For example, the red canadian flag under my avatar is yellow right now. Seriously WTF?"

Erm, with nvidia cards, you can configure colors in a panel (primary colors (wich leads other colors)), i sometimes played with it and yes it diferently changes the colors so i seriously think it could be that.

fourier
04-04-2007, 11:30 AM
There are 2 VGA slots on the video card, each with a DVI converter and my monitor is connected to one of the DVI converters which is in turn connected to one of the VGA slots.

And dammit all my colours are messed up, it's not just the pinkish colour. For example, the red canadian flag under my avatar is yellow right now. Seriously WTF?

Okay I connected to the other VGA slots and everything is fine now, but when I switch to ther other first VGA slot I tried the problem comes back. ??? Is this a bad card or am I missing something?

bump

any ideas?
Your TFT only has a DVI-connector ? If it has VGA just use it w/o the converter.
Video Cards with two slots , always have a "first"-slot and "second"-slot which should be labeled. Not sure if you connect to the second-slot causes the messed up colors ...

Seedler
04-05-2007, 02:22 AM
I re-checked all pins, cables, etc. Everything seems okay.

There isn't a label or slot one or slot two, but when I plug my monitor into the left one (looking at comp from the back) the colours are displayed incorrectly however the right one works just fine.

And no adjusting colour settings in the nvidia control panel doesn't fix the problem.

I'm stumped, searched forums after forums and there hasn't been a problem like this one.