PDA

View Full Version : Welcome popopot To News Poster Crew

RealitY
04-04-2007, 06:02 AM
Would like welcome aboard popopot
to the News Poster Crew...

popopot (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/popopot-155212)
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/ranks/fstcrew.gif

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/the-drawing-room/image.php?u=155212&dateline=1172851603 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/popopot-155212)

popopot
04-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Thank you, thank you. I am glad to come aboard and join the crew of this fine vessel.

I would like to thank my mum for giving birth to me, my dad for sowing his seed, to all the film crew and support staff that made this movi............oh no wait, wrong speech........

Well I hope people have enjoyed the posts I have made and I will try to keep on posting as often as I can.

Cheers.

thewizeard
04-04-2007, 10:55 AM
We do enjoy them and glad also you will be continuing to make more.

Congratulations in you new "position" :)

Hairbautt
04-04-2007, 02:04 PM
erm wait...wrong threadYou klutz. :bleh:
fine vessel.Of course, welcome to the team. Just be sure to leave some news for the rest of us to post ;)

tesco
04-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Congrats. :)

j2k4
04-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Welcome to the party, popopot. :)

JPaul
04-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Sorry to be a "nay sayer" but the chap posts links to stuff on the internets.
Much as I think he's a non-offensive guy, how is that laudable.
Obviously I'm missing something here.

Hairbautt
04-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Sorry to be a "nay sayer" but the chap posts links to stuff on the internets.
Much as I think he's a non-offensive guy, how is that laudable.
Obviously I'm missing something here.
Are you talking about his Lounge posts? :huh: Check the News Section - the stuff that makes the front page.

SnnY
04-04-2007, 10:49 PM
Do news posters get any privelages? Because that would seem like a pretty good deal.

Go to favourite news site. Copy. Paste.

They're just glorified news feeds aren't they?

Hairbautt
04-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Do news posters get any privelages? Because that would seem like a pretty good deal.

Go to favourite news site. Copy. Paste.

They're just glorified news feeds aren't they?
Yeah, check here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/everything-related-board/t-filesharingtalkcom-welcome-read-first--125697) and yes 99.98% of the time we just copy and paste. :dabs:

SnnY
04-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Awesome, more PM capacity. You can PM spam the fuck out of yourself.

/Me starts copying and pasting stuff.

popopot
04-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Just trying to share what I find interesting, relevant and/or discussion worthy. If you find something interesting, relevant and/or discussion worthy then post it following the guidelines - but NO spamming and hopefully something better than 'good luck'.

SnnY
04-04-2007, 11:02 PM
I guess I don't really find the posts offensive (I don't touch the news section, by the way).

I just find it a bit, <insert appropriate word here>, when you start a topic, copy and paste from somewhere, don't make any kind of comment about it, and then there's a mini-celebration and an award for it.

I guess I am a bit offended.

Hairbautt
04-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Sorry :idunno:

popopot
04-04-2007, 11:17 PM
I guess I don't really find the posts offensive (I don't touch the news section, by the way).

I just find it a bit, <insert appropriate word here>, when you start a topic, copy and paste from somewhere, don't make any kind of comment about it, and then there's a mini-celebration and an award for it.

I subscribe to all the posts I post (if that makes sense) and follow them and try to comment when I can and if I think its appropriate, e.g. global warming (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/the-drawing-room/t-did-any-our-british-members-169263) and glandular fever (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/lounge/t-interesting-168460/?highlight=glandular). Feel free to join in but mindless ramblings and unwarranted off the cuff remarks to build up my post count does not interest me. What I post interests me - and I guess the FST staff.

No offense is ever intended and no animals were hurt in the making of the posts. I can't say fairer than that.

Hairbautt
04-04-2007, 11:20 PM
...but mindless ramblings and unwarranted off the cuff remarks to build up my post count does not interest me.

No offense...
Ok, now I'm offended. :dry:

popopot
04-04-2007, 11:25 PM
...but mindless ramblings and unwarranted off the cuff remarks to build up my post count does not interest me.

No offense...
Ok, now I'm offended. :dry:

Actually, I think I offended myself as well.:unsure:

Who knows?

Fu*k it!

'Good luck'.

peat moss
04-05-2007, 01:56 AM
Other people may enjoy reading whats new in software or hardware , I know I do . I would think it would bring more people to this forum ? If you look at a site like Neowin for example it has a wealth of info and members who add to it ,not like here where a thread dies a painful death .

Personal opinion tho as I have posted there countless times . :lol: Keep on posting popopot and congrads on the position . If I could offer some constructive criticism it would be pick your news and give other people a chance to post as I'v been guilty of it too . :)

Chip Monk
04-05-2007, 08:44 AM
So, copying an pasting news from other places.

Ah, google hits on words or topical issues.

I see, nice one.

SnnY
04-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Could you at least write a blurb for each article?

Barbarossa
04-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Good grief, there are in total 1357 articles, that would take the rest of the day at least :O

Chip Monk
04-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Agreed, that's mad talk.

Pick one word which describes each article and post it, at the head of the article, in an appropriate colour.

Hairbautt
04-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Some just don't interest me, but still qualify to be posted...Like the Looming Italy crackdown. I don't live in Italy...:dabs: I have tried to relate articles that are similar (again like the Italy crackdown) and have tried doing followups such as the *.ani cursor exploit (from when it was discovered to its M$ approved fix).

Trust me, I think the News Section has been increasing in popularity a bit and I've tried to make it more than a "Copy&Paste" post, but time is the issue. Hell, it took me just over an hour to write the SP3 thing - school work comes first tho'. So...Bear with us. :wacko:

And it's not like we're getting paid, I just do it for the orange stars fun since I try to keep up with the news anyways...particularly p2p news.

popopot
04-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Some just don't interest me, but still qualify to be posted...Like the Looming Italy crackdown. I don't live in Italy...:dabs: I have tried to relate articles that are similar (again like the Italy crackdown) and have tried doing followups such as the *.ani cursor exploit (from when it was discovered to its M$ approved fix).

Trust me, I think the News Section has been increasing in popularity a bit and I've tried to make it more than a "Copy&Paste" post, but time is the issue. Hell, it took me just over an hour to write the SP3 thing - school work comes first tho'. So...Bear with us. :wacko:

And it's not like we're getting paid, I just do it for the orange stars fun since I try to keep up with the news anyways...particularly p2p news.

Indeed, time is the biggest constraint. It takes me about an hour just to go through the websites I visit every lunchtime and transfer a few of the interesting stories across to here. I have a job you know. Sure I could post them somewhere else but I like to read through the other threads here as well. Hell, if was writing my own articles and doing this full time I would working for the BBC!

JPaul
04-05-2007, 01:29 PM
I assumed you were a professional journalist.

popopot
04-05-2007, 01:31 PM
I'll take that as a back-handed compliment. Thanks.

SnnY
04-05-2007, 02:37 PM
You might as well save yourself the effort of copying and pasting it across, just leave it at posting a link.

Hairbautt
04-05-2007, 02:47 PM
I'll take that as a back-handed compliment. Thanks.
:lol: Need something more than just the link on the frontpage and how does some back-alley site like FST produce journalists...

That's just mad talk, ya know?

peat moss
04-05-2007, 04:52 PM
You might as well save yourself the effort of copying and pasting it across, just leave it at posting a link.

Or just a title , description and an intro , less is some times better no ? Reel them in so to speak . :)

JPaul
04-05-2007, 06:16 PM
That won't get google to notice but.

peat moss
04-05-2007, 07:10 PM
That won't get google to notice but.

I like Neowin's title "Where unprofessional journalism looks better " kinda says it all . :pinch: