PDA

View Full Version : FTN...Whats It Worth???

Fibo
04-04-2007, 10:35 PM
For all of you that do have accounts to FTN, I have a question.

What is an invite/account there worth?

How did you get Invited? / What did you trade?

And most importantly how can I get invited?

Just a Question...
Fibo

tintin123
04-04-2007, 10:39 PM
1. No invites there for a week or so.

2. FTN is a very valuable tracker. It will take alot for someone to want to put their account in jeporady by trading.

3. you need to wait 30 days to get into the invite section....

magicrabbit
04-04-2007, 10:41 PM
You may not be able to see it yes but we have a sticky that shows what invites are worth and FTN is at the top with UK-T and SCT

Fibo
04-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Wow are you guys serious!? I saw that post about what there worth IN GENERAL, but not everybody got in right at the beginning or has PU Acc's with 60GB buffers.

Its just that there is a lot of noise coming from people who are there.

I was just wondering if i should start gathering my arsenal to get a crack at this place?

How Did you get in?

Like I said,
Just a question.

magicrabbit
04-04-2007, 10:46 PM
The invite and the account worth are the same. I just thought that would Illustrate that it's pretty hard to get into. You'll need to offer alot.

tintin123
04-04-2007, 10:47 PM
been at it since it opened.

Fibo
04-04-2007, 10:51 PM
What Did you offer?

What did other people offer you, if you ever invited someone there?

tintin123
04-04-2007, 10:56 PM
i got in free. i would never trade with someone. i give invitez out to people i trust. sorry i cant help. maybe sct and or u*-* or ftwr. best chances.

SHUVT
04-04-2007, 11:00 PM
It is all about who you know bud. Screw the trading crap, just network and eventually someone will help you out. May take some time, but it seems to be a better route than trying to trade off your left nut for an invite or account. Believe me... there are several FST members walking around nutless.

Fibo
04-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Thats Probably the best advice Ive heard so far...

magicrabbit
04-05-2007, 12:01 AM
I agree with SHUVT too, but when you said you wanted what you need to get it I assumed you wanted an answer like mine. Sorry

General2k
04-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Trading has gotten me know where. If you think there is a user that deserves an invite to a place and feel that he/she would be a good asset to that community then invite em. People remember those who give to the community, and you will be rewarded, trust me.
I made this post a while back, lots of people seem to agree with it.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent/t-when-you-reached-top-trackers-165344-post1834263/

RTFM
04-05-2007, 12:59 AM
Trading has gotten me know where. If you think there is a user that deserves an invite to a place and feel that he/she would be a good asset to that community then invite em. People remember those who give to the community, and you will be rewarded, trust me.
I made this post a while back, lots of people seem to agree with it.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent/t-when-you-reached-top-trackers-165344-post1834263/

I agree with you completely, the invite system is worthless if it is abused, when instead it should be serving the community.

Bucktoof
04-05-2007, 01:36 AM
Man, I can't wait till I get access to the invite section. I really want to get on there. Got two friends I know online who have accounts but don't have invites so I was out of luck :(

One day, I'll join that great community! :)

RTFM
04-05-2007, 01:41 AM
Man, I can't wait till I get access to the invite section. I really want to get on there. Got two friends I know online who have accounts but don't have invites so I was out of luck :(

One day, I'll join that great community! :)

I'm with you on that one! :D

kapowcowpwned
04-05-2007, 01:43 AM
must suck to be walking around with no balls if youre a guy

iGene
04-05-2007, 02:08 AM
yeah, i finally got invites last week to TL and i don't want to trade them, i'd rather just give 'em away to ppl with high ratios.

seppypom
04-05-2007, 02:23 AM
i have had it since before it was cool
Join date 2006-04-04 22:11:58 (52 weeks ago)

saulin
04-05-2007, 02:25 AM
I don't like trading... I rather give invites away to people I trust. Heck I got my BitmeTV invite for free and I won't foget that. I will do the same once I get invites. Give them to people that deserve them.

magicrabbit
04-05-2007, 02:59 AM

shhhhh, they are watching. Theyll ban you ;)

PooBar
04-05-2007, 03:29 AM
been there 16weeks,down 10 MB ,up 600MB..;-)

RTFM
04-05-2007, 03:50 AM

Did you mean GB, or really only 10 MB down? If you aren't gonna use the account, I will. :P

cMw
04-05-2007, 05:11 AM

W0W |)U|)3 Y0U|2 C00|_ D0 Y0U |-|@V3 @XX 0r s0m3th1n

STAGUY
04-05-2007, 06:09 AM
I think all trackers are the same, nothing so special being a members to a particular tracker, they all serve the same dish so what's the heck

kirktrix
04-05-2007, 06:21 AM
I think all trackers are the same, nothing so special being a members to a particular tracker, they all serve the same dish so what's the heck

I totally disagree....:D

name in use
04-05-2007, 08:27 AM
FTN i heard has the same properties as sites like ScT and SCC on "that" type of tip,not gonna go into details but those sites mentioned have "special" features that make them valuable and worth alot more then most the others,i dunno about the other lvl5 tracker. Basically the sites that carry "those" features are far more.. i really cant say. just know those are the dopest sites you can get on and feel lucky if you are a member to one of those mentioned.

vinniem
04-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Just by chatting to people in other sites. generally people are very helpful and sometimes u get a lucky break and get an invite

good luck

kimii
04-05-2007, 09:31 AM
shhhhh, they are watching. Theyll ban you ;)
Now why would we ban him just by him posting his join date....... What you've been through these past few days, you would figure we arent like that... :frusty:

Fibo
04-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Ok Just woke up and read the posts, so let me see if I got this right.

1. Dont trade its a useless.:frusty: (For better Sites atleast)

2. Try and meet new ppl online and bullshit your way into an invite:shifty:

3. Dont trust Kimii, shes one of them:shutup:
Just kidding Kimii, wouldnt wanna be banned before I even got in huh?

OK fair enough looks like im on a new path
Thanx for the advice,
Fibo

monk3y
04-05-2007, 10:31 AM
i'll tell u something once u have TL+OiNK+Serious DVDR site, u don't need sct / ftn / uk-t / ftwr that's it.

Friendly Fire
04-05-2007, 10:47 AM
i'll tell u something once u have TL+OiNK+Serious DVDR site, u don't need sct / ftn / uk-t / ftwr that's it.

Add bitmetv+bitme+hdbits and you have the whole package. Having the more thought after trackers is nice but you wont find there much that you dont have by having these.

It's more for the reclusiveness and/or the small community thats worth it. Not really the content. Trackers are resembling each other more and more.

monk3y
04-05-2007, 10:51 AM

Add bitmetv+bitme+hdbits and you have the whole package. Having the more thought after trackers is nice but you wont find there much that you dont have by having these.

It's more for the reclusiveness and/or the small community thats worth it. Not really the content. Trackers are resembling each other more and more.

i agree on bitme and bitmetv
but i think that soon every tracker will have it's own HD thing going on
and we won't need the hd trackers

quality
04-05-2007, 12:30 PM
i agree on bitme and bitmetv
but i think that soon every tracker will have it's own HD thing going on
and we won't need the hd trackers

I seriously doubt about this... HDBits have their own encoders for TV series and the quality is so much better than CTU/Dimension encodes.Also they have a huge numbers of releases which can be found only there.I am a member in BitmeTV too but i rarely use it...Their content is amazing but everything is SD Video .Once i watched real HD I deleted all the 350MB hdtv-rips I had in my HDD...

Xaeron
04-05-2007, 01:17 PM
I used to have account on bitmetv, but it was like a year or so ago. Wasn't so impressed by it back then. Would like to test it again, though. Newsgroups are great for tv-series, and most of my tv shows come from the NGs nowadays.

But TL, TB, FL and NGs are all I use atm. I guess most people won't need more :)

And I don't care so much about whether or not a tracker has a great community or not.

Fibo
04-05-2007, 01:44 PM
I guess I should be happy with what I got then.

I mean thats what I thought anyways.
As long as all the GREAT stuff on the more exclusive trackers gets trickled down to the sites that I am now signed up too within the hrs. or so, Ill be happy.

Plus I find that the speed on less restrictive sites isn't so bad, its actually quite good, plus it isn't as hard to keep the good ratio.